Question, the mfp in five weeks you will be message

Options
2»

Replies

• sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 5th week on MFP recently and I was 2 lbs off the projected number it gave on the first day I started. (I took a screenshot on my phone the first day)

great idea, may do that- with the computer screen and see what happens in 5 weeks, WAY to go btw.
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    I have reached what mine says I'd be in 5 weeks. Only been doing it for about 4 and hit what it said i could do in 5. So dont give up you can reach it. Just have to stick with it.
  • sherise1214
    Options
    I have reached what mine says I'd be in 5 weeks. Only been doing it for about 4 and hit what it said i could do in 5. So dont give up you can reach it. Just have to stick with it.

Thanks, I'm happy with my results so far! Only 5 pounds, but I can fit some tops that were too small, and my face is slimmer. I also lift heavy at times, so shifting is fine as long as I see changes, I was asking cause a friend commented that she been on her for over 5 weeks and yet for that message to be true, I told her weight is only one measure, but many here say they are consistent so I guessed some should be seeing that number regularly.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Go change up your goals a little, and play around with adding food. It isn't accurate AT ALL. I have done 900 calories a day a few times, and what it said was the same as when I'd eat 1300+ a day.. It isn't right. It doesn't do actual math.. if your goal is 1200 a day, and you eat 900.. it'll say 162.3 in 5 weeks... but go set your goal to 900 and and eat 900 and see what it says! Not the same. =/ So I ignore it now..
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it more of a motivator as "If you keep working hard, you will keep losing weight." But if you have a bad day, the weight goes higher. It's a reminder to stay on track.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I knew back when I bothered to log food that when it told me I'd GAIN 25lbs in 5 weeks and instead I lost 10 that it was a load of crap.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    Its total kaka! It lies!!! LOL! My body doesnt follow the MFP 'in 5 weeks' weight guidelines. It does what it darn well pleases. :ohwell:
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    On days I eat way under my goal I get a note "you are going to starve, in five weeks you will be dead!" ... not really, but whatever. So having every day going 10 cal. under goal, apparently the MFP calculator thinks I'd really be losing!

Seriously just laughed out loud!
  • sherise1214
    Options
    Its total kaka! It lies!!! LOL! My body doesnt follow the MFP 'in 5 weeks' weight guidelines. It does what it darn well pleases. :ohwell:

You made my day, havent heard kaka in a minute, LOL thats funny. I know my body might do what it darn well pleases, but i plan to tire it out so much that it better move this fat, thanks for your input.