• NebraskaBBW
    NebraskaBBW Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tanya....
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My name is Susan, or a lot friends call me Suzi :happy:

I didn't think I would have to go far to find my name :-) Did you know our name means a lily?
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    <---- My name is Christina.

I think that's hilarious! Only because I have went through the opposite my whole life. I get called ChristinE a lot, even now as an adult.
    People have even written out my name and then said "So, Christine ... " to me. :laugh:
    Christine. I used to get called ChristinA a lot and it drove me nuts! I had a teacher in high school that would call me Christina and when he was taking attendance I would never answer him because my name is not Christina!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephenie which is very common especially for my age but it's spelled with an 'e' instead of an 'a' because I am named after my late Uncle Stephen. :)

My cousin's name is Stephenie spelled with an "e" instead of an "a". She's not on here though.
  • rberry313
    rberry313 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    <---- Rachel

Im Rachel too!

I'm another Rachel!
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My name is Lauren.

Heyyo! Another Lauren in the house. :wink: It's a great name. Not too terribly common but not so rare that it confuses people.
    Drives me absolutely insane when someone calls me Laura or Laurie though. That's NOT my name! Gah!

I hear ya,I don't like it either.Glad to have another Lauren think so lol.

My daughter is Lauren... I am Laura. Eeek!

She was named after her Grandfather and Father's middle name LAURENcio! I didn't even realize it was common with Laura until everyone thought I named her after me. LOL
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    my name is Betzaida was written with misspelled because is " s" not " z" is mean " fisherman's house" my aunt was reading the bible and see the name of a city that Jesus visit and make a lot of miracle.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My sister is 20 and her name is Kelsea, pronounced the same way.. She hasn't met another Person with that spelling.
  • IrishSin
    IrishSin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name's Alicia. It's not an exactly an "uncommon" name when you see it; however, I've never met anyone with the same name since it's not actually pronounced A-leesh-a. It's Ah-lish-ah. Sigh. I often wish my name was spelled Alisha, so it could at least make a little more sense with how it's pronounced - but nope.

I feel I'm not going to find an exact name twin, pronunciation, spelling and all. :P

A girl I work with is named Alicia and it's pronounced like yours!

my best friends name is Alicia we always called her Licia for short, you are the only two ive ever seen spell it that way!! :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    today is Happy HUMP-A-LAURA-Day! come and get it.....

(silvergurl518)

I am a Laura too, although I have never heard of HUMP-A-LAURA-Day! LOL

Page 1!!! There may be more of us.

I was named after a girl my father had a crush on... NICE! :noway: So...growing up, my family called me Laurie. :tongue:

Growing up I never heard the end of Laura Ingles Wilder.

Behind the name: Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant "laurel". Laura has been used since the 13th century. Love google!

and "laurel" means VICTORY!

and ps: just like the lauren hates being called "laura," this laura hates being called "lauren"! so there :)
  • kylalane14
    Options
    my name is kyla c:
    common , i know 4 others with my name -__- lol
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ha, you may find a twin. I have a cousin named Cinnamon ;)

My name is Cinnamon, and yes it's my real name. I'll bet my right arm that I don't have a twin!!!! :)

Sorry guys, my parents were not hippies......lol :)

My name came from the original Mission Impossible TV show. The actresses name was Barbara Bane, but her character’s name on the show was Cinnamon and that's where my mom got my name.

True story about my name……………in third grade cinnamon was one of my spelling words. I was like, hot damn there’s no way I will get that one wrong. On my spelling test my teacher marked it WRONG because, I capitalized it. HA! I thought that was so completely unfair........lol :explode: :sad:
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Geri - not Jeri, Jerrie, Jerry, Gerry and definetely not GER... And for some reason - some people don't understand it is pronounced 'Jerry' they call me Gary. Just Geri. Story is my grandparents wanted me named after each of them or other family members - quite the hassle I guess. So my parents named me after a friend with my mother's middle name - Geri Sue...

My sister is Jeri (Ja Ree) and always gets called Jerry (her father).
  • misscrys1985
    Options
    My name is Krystal, but my friends call me Krys :)

I'm also a Crystal. Only my name is with a C, but my family calls me Crys. LOL
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    <
    Michelle

I know there has got to be another Michelle around here. It was the most popular name in the 70's early 80's!! :/ I actually went to school with another Michelle with the same middle initial and exact same last name. Eh..... too common - so my friends call me Chele!!

Another Michelle here! :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

I'm Susan...or Sue.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Kristin. Tin, not Ten. :) Anyone??
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Im alone on this one, especially spelled the same way

Darcey
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

I didn't think I would have to go far to find my name :-) Did you know our name means a lily?

I'm Susan and my daughter is Lillian, but I call her Lily. I've always loved that we sort of have the same name.