Pilates with Machine- Does it Work?

Looking into Pilates with the machine to get more toned and lean. But it's pretty expensive. Anyone try it and has it worked? How long until you notice a change (so I can gauge what package to test). Thanks!

Replies

• jaznsusan
    jaznsusan Posts: 9 Member
    Reformer Pilates does nothing for me in the weight loss department, but it has done wonders for strengthening my core. I first tried a Pilates Boot Camp at my gym, where I went 3 times a week for 4 weeks. I really wish I could afford that (both time wise and money wise), but now I go once a week and I am still feeling really strong in the core.

I pay a $60.95/month membership fee at the gym, and Pilates is $25/session. I go to small group (usually 3-4 people). They offer private lessons but I don't know how much those run.
  • BirdieNYC
    BirdieNYC Posts: 26 Member
    OK this is really helpful!! I guess core strength is still important! Maybe I'll try a few sessions and see how I do! Thanks!
  • We've got an Aero Pilates machine at home- I've never really used it for weightloss, but it is incredible for toning and strengthening, and improving flexibility, and it helps with alignment and posture. Plus it's super comfy! :D
  • TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    Try searching on Craiglist for an aero pilates machine - you can pick one up for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I have one and it's great for stretching and toning and strengthening your core. You can get a decent workout on it, but you'll have to spend at least an hour with it. That being said, I'm taking a break from it to do the 30 Day Shred.