You know you've become a fitness geek when...

Options

Replies

• GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You roll your eyes when you see someone post a cardio exercise on MFP that reads: 45 minutes of "Cleaning, light, moderate effort"
  • happypath101
    Options
    You find yourself demonstrating moves from Jillian Michaels's "Extreme Shred and Shed" to your co-workers AT THE OFFICE! :o)
  • pandatoot
    Options
    ... You park on the bottom floor of the garage so you have more flights to walk up.
    ... You make excuses to go to your car so you can walk up the stairs again.
    ... You are upset when your muscles don't hurt the next day because you didn't push yourself hard enough.

last one is so true!!
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you don't wanna eat some if your not sure of the amount of cals..

and go on youtube to checkout workout view woekout videos...

I sooooo do these things all the time..and I can't relax till I know!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You'd rather eat the lunch you packed then get a free lunch for an event at work.
    You hog all the lean proteins at buffets, weddings, etc.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    You think dr. Oz is full of crap.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When you have missed a couple of runs due to illness or injury, you wake up from a night's sleep realizing you had wonderful dreams of running and cannot wait for your next run...

LOL..I have done this also! It's amazing how addicting getting into/being in shape is!!
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You find yourself demonstrating moves from Jillian Michaels's "Extreme Shred and Shed" to your co-workers AT THE OFFICE! :o)

In my defense, it was Insanity exercises, and my desk was angled so that nobody but the colleague I was talking to could see what I was doing!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    when you understand the chemical reaction that happens to muscles whilst you stitch... to the gym instructors!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    ...when you're wondering if you can squeeze in one last workout just :smooched: before your knee surgery.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When you have a heart condition and you plead to your doctor not to take a way your exercising, because itll through you into a nasty funk.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When your kids say, "When I grow up, can I go to a gym also, and lift weights, so I can have even bigger muscles than MOM!"
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You offer to lift all the "heavy" stuff. Groceries, luggage, bikes, etc.

All the time.

For sure. I get weird looks from my husband when I offer to carry heavy bags up 4 flights of stairs for fun. haha
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ...you'd rather workout at 24 hour fitness because it's actually open 24 hours.

...you take a walk instead of just standing there while filling your car with gas.

...going to the gym starts to be like the Cheers theme song "...where everybody knows your name...and they're always glad you came..."

...you get excited to click the "COMPLETE THIS ENTRY" button to see what you might weigh in 5 weeks.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    When yur searching for that perfect 1980's sweat band (circa Bruce Jenner)....ok,maybe i went to far...but true.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You go swimming with your kids and you try to turn vigorous treading water and leisurely swimming into a HIIT workout, so you can get some of your work out in while still playing with the kids (with a water proof watch).

Or when you take your kids to the park and you play on the monkey bars and find yourself creating a circuit training routine to do with the kids or they create one and teach it to you.

p.s. This is the funnest thread!!!
  • salinas87
    Options
    Good one! and oh so true!!
    You know you're a fitness geek when you would rather workout than go out to a club on Saturday
    Running-on-treadmill---FitnessGifs4Utumblr.gif
    [/quote]
  • salinas87
    Options
    So true! I can relate! lol
    you like to look at yourself sideways in a mirror when you NEVER did that before. The abs are flatter and the boobs are perkier.. Oh yea!!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    ...you'd rather workout at 24 hour fitness because it's actually open 24 hours.

...you take a walk instead of just standing there while filling your car with gas.

...going to the gym starts to be like the Cheers theme song "...where everybody knows your name...and they're always glad you came..."

...you get excited to click the "COMPLETE THIS ENTRY" button to see what you might weigh in 5 weeks.

yes all of these! minus the car thing as I don't own one. My gym members call me 'MENSA girl'!
  • salinas87
    Options
    When you hear a song you dance in Zumba and start dancing and bobbing your head and shaking it while you're driving in your car!!