Fiber One AKA Fart Bars

Options

Replies

• aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    OMG. This has to be the best thread of the day! I'm dieing here. Fortunately its from laughing and not from Fart Bars!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If you're a fiber monster like me (50-60 gram days are my norm) they aren't gas provoking but if you're not you should probably take some gas tabs with 'em. :laugh:
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    These little treasures are now on my grocery list. :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • jbdaddy1920
    Options
    Got to love a post about farts....LOL
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And here I thought it was just me. No longer will I hang my head in shame, for I know that I am not alone. I, too, am a victim of Fiber One's gassy power. There, I said it.

Makes for some awkward gym times sometimes...no slip up yet, but I have been close!

And, you know what, I'll probably keep eating them. I mean, it's good to go, right?

Right?
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've never had any problems with the Fiber One products.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    As with anything high in fiber, most people only have "adverse" reactions if their normal diet isn't high in fiber. I eat a lot of fiber normally so I rarely have problems with foods like this one. However, my mom had these and it didn't go so well lol!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I find Kashi ones the worst. OMG...stay away from me!!!! can't eat their bars or cereal :frown:
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I once had several in a day, and let's just say my entire system cleaned out. Sometimes I consider doing it again just for that effect when I'm not regular and wish for it, but yeah... it's also painful.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    don't effect me, but I usually eat luna bars.. 12 gms protein and very tasty!!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One bars do that to me also but the worst product for me is the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. It really gets me going! LOL!!!

Good Lord!!! I must get my hubby off the cereal....STAT!!!! I couldn't figure out his problem...NOW I KNOW!!! :grumble:

Yep ^^^^^^^ Kashi is the worst!!!! I can't eat their foods :(
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    oh hell yes! How embarrassing is it when us women INSIST we dont fart... but if you eat these? its fart (usually loud) or crumple up on the floor from intestinal spasms!!

My hubby said something top me last week... when caught out with a loud or pongy whiff... just smile, and say 'I did that' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    For me anything with chicory root extract in it cause the bloat belch and fart response. It has nothing to do with how much or how quickly you have increased your fiber intake. That stuff is deadly to the ozone layer!

Be careful and read the labels - some added fiber products use it and others in the same product line do not - so don't assume if you can eat one product the rest will be OK!

This^^^^ also anything with tricitale (not sure on the spelling).....both are deadly!
  • mainechick78
    mainechick78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh hellz yes! When I was eating them I had to pace myself and warned my co-workers ahead of time! :P I find it's also true with Slim Fast! And you can't hold them in either - it gives me major cramps!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Never had one, but on my app that rates food based on ingredients and nutritional profile they have the lowest rating of ALL bars.

This^. Just because they have fibre, doesn't mean they are healthy. I rate all things like that as "processed junk". I get more fibre from each serving of vegetables (I don't eat grain or legumes) than I would get eating this stuff. My bowels work awesome and barely fart at all now that I avoid foods my body doesn't like. And my *kitten* doesn't stink either. No kidding! :bigsmile:
  • taanoir
    taanoir Posts: 9
    Options
    I quit smoking in January. One of the withdrawl symptoms is severe constipation, I jumped into a high fiber diet to "move things along". I aim for 20+ grams of fiber a day (makes my carb numbers higher, but oh well). Once your body adjusts to having that influx of fiber it's fine, but in the mean time might I suggest baby steps.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I call them poop bars. Guess why?! Since I am pretty much chronically constipated unless I eat enough fiber for a freaking horse, I LOVE Fiber One bars! Right now I can't afford them, but I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart is making a Great Value version now, so hallelujah for that :)
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Ok my wife had the bright idea of buying me fiber one bars! Well they should change the name to fart bars because Holy Moses I cant even stand myself. Has anyone else had this happen? And GO

Yep, Ive had them too. And the gas is definitely there. LOL Because I work on the phones...i dont have time to eat alot once i get to work so unfortunately they are the way to go in between calls.

I had to giggle when i read your comment though. :laugh: :smile:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've not had a problem with them or with the Kashi bars or cereal, unless I had more than one serving in a day. I quit eating the FiberOne products after reading the ingredient label. Too much sugar, corn syrup, artificial coloring, and preservatives.
  • rmbslo
    rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OMG this is so funny!!! My 10 year old loves them and calls them "farty one bars" :)