What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Mostly all of my ex's have been either white or mexican. Date and love who you want.
  • talkytina9
    talkytina9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with interracial relationships..but those that only date outside their ethnic group because they have stereotyped possible mates within their own race are annoying to say the least..as well as it annoys me when people are quick to imply a person who only dates within their race as racist or bigoted..I think if you want to date outside your ethnic group.. it shouldn't be a big deal..and if you choose not to..that also shouldn't be a big deal..date who you want and are attracted to..
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    <
    'nuff said. my child is bi-racial. his dad is black, i am german and hispanic. no one should have a problem with who YOU date. they are not in your relationship and society will always be society. you cant change them, just have to learn to ignore them.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all =) I myself, have never been attracted to a black man.. I don't think I could be.. doesn't matter I found my soul mate <3
  • Teddy_Bearington
    Options
    Every relationship I have been in has been interracial. Then again I am a multiracial (East Indian, Native American, and Japanese) yet never have dated anyone that was N. American or Indian. I have noticed a somewhat one-sided deal with white men and ethnic women. Though I notice as I get older, more women prefer vanilla and chocolate and avoid the more exotic flavors lol.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It’s hard enough to find “The One”. To find a person in this world that you want to wake up next to every morning for the rest of your life, a person that you want to raise children with, travel with, talk through the night with, celebrate/laugh/cry with, who’s smile brightens up your whole day, a person you dream about growing old with and can’t imagine your life without; to find that person, is hard enough. When you find that person, your soul-mate, “The One”, fight for them. Don’t let race, sexuality, age, distance, weight, other people’s opinions or any other obstacle impact your decision or get in the way of being happy with that person…it’s hard enough find “The One”.

http://gmercer.ca/2012/05/30/its-hard-enough-to-find-the-one/

^^^ This ^^^
  • michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with interracial relationships. i'm white, and i'm spanish and greek. my boyfriend, (well ex at the moment) is italian, cuban and puerto rican.
  • emtb319
    emtb319 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm American and my hubby is Peruvian. Sometimes we get stares but we shrug it off. At the beginning of our relationship, I got pulled aside a lot because people wanted to know if we were a real couple or only looked like one to get his papers. (We're a real couple btw, he did the immigration stuff on his own.) When our babies were younger, they were both very white, like me, so some people couldn't believe that he was their father. Now, they can't believe that I'm their Mom because they're so much darker than me.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    People are people. There's nothing wrong with two people being together.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I am a white American married to a Canadian/Iranian Persian man. I've dated every race you'd check off of a box on a standardized test. I couldn't care less what race/ethnicity/religion you are, so long as you're a decent human being. That and I have a weakness for Middle Eastern/darker featured men <3
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had a bi-racial child in 1975, so I guess that answers your question.
    I remember an idiot that I worked with (a black guy) saying, knowing that I had a bi-racial child, that people shouldn't have bi-racial children because they'll never be successful. I asked him what defines successful. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Making six figures." I replied, "Well, I guess that makes you a pretty miserable failure."
    For the record, my unsuccessful bi-racial child is now thirty-seven years old. He served 10 years in the United States Navy, graduating from the nuclear technology program, one of the most expensive and difficult programs that the Navy has to offer.. After coming out of the Navy he went on to the University of Buffalo, where he graduated with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. He now has a job as the superintendent of maintenance at the Buffalo Sewer Authority. Yes --- the sewer authority. I call him Norton (The Honeymooners, for the younger set) but, hey --- a government job is a government job. And as the superintendent, he doesn't have to get his hands dirty.
    I'd tell the miserable loser how my unsuccessful bi-racial son is doing, but about 10 years ago he died from a heart attack, caused by years of cocaine abuse.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been in an amazing Interracial marriage for 25 years. Two kids, 23 and 18, that are thrilled with their lives. I don't notice the color of my husband's skin unless we stand next to each other in a mirror. Everyone wants to be loved. Love sees no color. It just isn't a factor.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with it. I'm half filipina and half white. My husband is white. We love each other very much. We are all the same on the inside and bleed the same color. People drive me insane for thinking races should stay with races :explode:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with interracial relationships. I think about it this way, my Mom is English, Scottish, Norwegian, and German. My Dad is German and Irish. So I am all those things, and my husband is Italian, English, and Welsh as well as some Native American. That is very interracial, and we've both been born and raised in the USA. :tongue: . People's skin color is just a result of their genetics. We're still ALL people.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think you are a cute couple and you look happy together. That is all. Nobody else's business.
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    Brazilian with an american boyfriend here :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    last
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Beyoncé.

He should have, Beyoncé is made of delicious pudding.
    but Beyonce is a delicious!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Beyoncé.

What is that supposed to mean?
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Stupid people shouldn't breed, regardless of race.