Beautiful Blues1/19/10

Options

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues!!! I rocked it at the gym tonight. I took a Super Spin class - 2 hours long!!! Not gonna lie, there were moments I thought I might die, but I got a second wind near the end and killed it!! I felt great after the class. Burned 838 cals too!!!!

smadag1 - I always find it really hard to control my eating when I feel sick. Do the best you can. Get rid of all the itchies!!

debnu - if I fly you to England, will you clean my house too!!! hehe!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    llcorrel and smadag- Sorry you guys are sick, but get some rest and just watch your food intake. Sometimes not exercising changes the body and fools it, so when you do start to exercise the pounds will slip off.

chrissy- You go girl!!! Wohoooo....!!!!!!!!! congrats on the weight loss!!!!

debnu- You can do it girl!!!!

taradise- Wow!!!!!! you are rocking it girl. I've never done a spin class but I'll have to try it. I imagine it's really fun with the loud music and someone in front motivating the group. Also, probably lots of sweat......

I got in my exercise for today and got beat up again by jillian michael's and did her banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x for a total of 65 minutes. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm busy here with school and I'm getting into the hang of it. I'm also taking care of my spirit because now that I'm job hunting, the job rejections are flooring in. Ouch! But, I'm staying positive, keeping to my faith, and just moving along.

We can do this!!!!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Gee it's too bad I don't get paid for house cleaning. :laugh: I'd gladly go on vacation for it. :bigsmile: Today has been productive. I am hoping to keep moving enough that the weight will just melt away. I know I can do it. Tomorrow I am going to get up way early again and get in a good hour before taking DD to school.

almomay--don't give up hope you just have not found the right job yet. Good luck with the search, it seems you have a great attitude, and you have the drive to keep you going!

We are the most amazing team/group. Keep up the good work everyone!!:flowerforyou: We will have the most amazing weigh in Monday!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Chrissy- Wonderful job on the running. I remember when I was 213 and could only run a few feet. Now I'm on the treadmill running/jogging 3 miles. I can't imgine what I'm going to be able to do when I get to my goal weight

I got emern-c but it was the nasty kind where did you get the tangern kind??

I think tomorrow I'm going to workout to Jillian and basically get my butt kicked he he. She will show me whos boss and it isn't me. :laugh:

I get my Emergen-C at walmart - it's in a box little powder packets - I only use about 1 - 2oz of water and just chug it.

Almomay-Stay positive and remember that when one door closes another opens and it will be a great reward!

We are all doing great this week....let's keep it up!!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out my out work schedule tomorrow. My husband as an appointment in town and I would LOVE to get out of the house. I have been working out right away in the morning then eat and get my crap done around the house. His appointment is at 9:45am so I will have to exercise for an hour, take a shower, eat and get out of the house by 9:15am ugh. I remembered when I worked getting up at 5 or earlier and I don't know how I did it. OMG. he he
  • debnu1
    Options
    You can do it! I am going to try and get up at 5 so I can get my work out in and get the kiddo off to school by 8:15. You will feel so accomplished by doing that! :bigsmile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just got home from orchestra rehearsal. It's been a very long day with no breaks. I did get in my swim, and increased the intensity of my routine in the pool, so I am proud of myself for that. Then I ate too much chex mix in the car on the way to my rehearsal, but at least it was covered by my exercise calories. Good night, all!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Happy Friday Blues! Sounds like everyone is doing very well this week. High Five to us!!

almomay - spin classes are fun... and yes you do sweat A LOT usually. Really works my legs. I enjoy group classes because no matter what, I will never give up - I won't give up in front of an instructor and a group of people. NO way! Good luck with the job search, I know its rough right now. Don't give up!

j_g4ever - great job planning out your day. Sometimes we have to get creative to fit in exercise. Your not giving up on it... so High Five!

I have a boxing class tonight... meals all planned for the day :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Couldn't sleep this morning so I got up about 5:30am and started to workout. I did Jillian no more trouble zones and she kicked my @$$ however i burned 1055 calories. I'm just glad that I was able to make it through the whole thing. I can't say I could have done that a couple of month ago.

GO BLUES!!!!!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start today, did my Wii fit, getting ready to make Mexican Pork Chili for supper and some homemade granola bars, and plan to swim after work. Happy Friday to all, and here’s to smart choices!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am feeling very tired today might just work a half day and try to catch up on sleep. I need to finish these meds so I can get back to normal
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I haven't done a spin class because when I rode the bike just on my own - it KILLED my tailbone. I fell on it a couple years ago and it still gives me a fit - especially with the bike because the seat is just right there putting pressure on it and also ab work where you're halfsitting...ouch...I just find other things to do. Maybe it'll get better one day and I can try again. I keep hearing how great it is and how many calories are burned---I am jealous!

Smadag-sounds like you can use some rest-take advantage of it.

mary-great job in the pool and planning your day!

Jess-do you like the Jillian DVD? I don't have that one. Did BL Sculpt last night - haven't done it since last winter-kinda kicked my butt. It was great to work muscles differently than I normally do.
  • Taradise
    Options
    I haven't done a spin class because when I rode the bike just on my own - it KILLED my tailbone. I fell on it a couple years ago and it still gives me a fit - especially with the bike because the seat is just right there putting pressure on it and also ab work where you're halfsitting...ouch...I just find other things to do. Maybe it'll get better one day and I can try again. I keep hearing how great it is and how many calories are burned---I am jealous!

It bothers my tail bone some too... so I bought a cushion seat cover to put over the cycling bike seats. It helps so much. I am not sore at all today - well not my tail bone anyway :bigsmile:

Happy Friday Blues!! :drinker:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Couldn't sleep this morning so I got up about 5:30am and started to workout. I did Jillian no more trouble zones and she kicked my @$$ however i burned 1055 calories. I'm just glad that I was able to make it through the whole thing. I can't say I could have done that a couple of month ago.

GO BLUES!!!!!!

Wahoo!! I got up at 5:30 too! :drinker: I actually ran on the treadmill for the first time in over a month. It was fun! I was able to go a lot longer than I thought I could. It is amazing what you can do when you say just one more minute. You know you can do it for a minute and how quickly they add up!! As of this morning I am down three lbs from my high weight on tuesday. I am excited for the weigh in. Since I didn't change it last week It might not reflect as much as I want to but my goal is to get to 175 by Monday morning. So far I am thinking I can do it!! This will definitely keep me on track through the weekend.

I have never tried a spin class, but then I have never gone to the gym either. I use my treadmill and exercise videos at home. I like to be able to exercise while the kids are asleep.

I have my meals all planned, it is a busy day though, DD is home sick, she ran a low grade fever last night and is asleep again. She woke up at 5:30 too--I wish I could make them sleep when I want them to. :tongue: I am singing at a funeral of a lady in our neighborhood. My husband has done some work for their family and they are wonderful people. She had been sick for a long time and was in her 80s.

Keep up the great work everyone! I am looking forward to seeing our losses on the chart monday!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Deb-sorry for the loss of your neighbor!

Taradise-not sure the cushion would work I even have to sit on a donut in my office chair
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hey blues! Wish I had the time to chat as much as I used to. Nights kick the *kitten* out of me. STILL friggin tired. Did have a great 2 hour workout at the gym tho yest. Today is another story. Very sore (especially the shoulder) and not too motivated. May go to the dog park later with my 2 pups. Maybe this eve I;ll be up to the gym for some stair climbing. Did intervals yesterday-running at 15 degrees on the treadmill. Felt great. But today.....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hang in there Kath-a walk with dog dogs is a good thing for your fitness and sanity!!! Love my little bully to death and when I am stressed there's nothing like walking in and seeing her just get so excited, unconditional love from these little guys, huh?!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Deb-sorry for the loss of your neighbor!

Thanks, the funeral was an upbeat one all about her personality and life. We were really laughing through parts of it. I did well on the solo I sang, until the very last line of the last verse when I looked down at the casket. I shouldn't have done that. I was barely able to finish.

My husband and I have decided funerals come in threes--everytime someone we know dies we have two others follow rather quickly. This is the third funeral in 6 weeks. It always happens that way. I guess no one really dies alone...

I got 85 mins of exercise again this morning. I have almost 1000 cals left after logging my plan for today. Maybe this process isn't as hard as I have thought it was. :tongue:

Have a great day everyone!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Deb-sounds like a nice service. I am impressed that you're a singer...NOT me!

Everyone - I challenge you....stay within your calories this weekend! Log it - no cheating! We can do it and have an AWESOME weigh in Monday!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I think I did good today on controlling my sweet tooth while being sick. I have only had 1 or 2 pieces of mini candy today compared to the handfulls I have been eating all week. I am going to try to get a workout in this weekend and see how the lungs hold up. I think the itching is gone.