Chocolate Protein Powder that tastes like Chocolate?

Options

Replies

• BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump, going protein powder shopping in a few weeks and will use this as a reference!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've used Champion Pure Whey Stack Chocolate for about 10 years. It tastes like Nestle's Quik when mixed with water. No lumps no icky after taste. I usually dump a tbsp of coffee creamer in there (using Almond Joy right now), add water and ice, mix and go.

That's one thing I hate about protein drink questions. EVERY SINGLE POSTER seems to have a different preference, lol. No majority rules here as everyone has something different that tastes the best. Oh well. If you want to buy samples, go here: www.vitalady.com

She'll send you a single serving sample of any brand or flavor that she sells for a couple of bucks. At least by doing that you can try a few and not spend $40-$60 on a jug that you end up hating.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    not all taste buds are created equal. You might try going to a suppliments store, several of them in my area at least offer samples or have money back offers even if it's because you don't like the taste. The first jar might set you back a pretty penny doing it that way but when you find a brand you like you can always find a cheaper source to buy it.
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!! I'll let you know how it goes once I find something new over the weekend! :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you add a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder to any chocolate protein powder it amps up the chocolateyness by about a million, for very little added calories. You can add some stevia, too, if it's a bit too bitter- I like dark chocolate so i don't add much extra sweetner. Might take a little extra mixing, but it works.
  • chippy83
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Double Rich Chocolate. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and it tastes JUST like chocolate milk. Seriously.. I'm crazy picky. 120 calories, 24g protein. :)

YES! Thank you so much for the suggestion-- I also mix mine with unsweetened almond milk and wanted something that tasted more like chocolate milk. I just bought mine at GNC ($25 for 1 pound, 15 servings per jar), and came home to try it out... It tastes wonderful! Very goood/smooth chocolate flavor, not medicinal, and no funky after taste. No need to add anything (ie- cocoa) to make it taste better. I am SO excited right now!!

For the rest of you who may be interested, it's Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein- Double Rich Chocolate. Nutrition per serving: 120 cals, 1.5g fat, .5g saturated fat, 30mg Cholesterol, 60mg Sodium, 3g carbs, 1g sugar, 23g protein.

I'm so excited to embark on my new protein shake adventure! In the future, I'll buy it direct from Amazon in the 5-pound jugs ($53, estimate 75 servings/jar), and keep my 1-pound jug as a counter-friendly one. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Double Rich Chocolate. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and it tastes JUST like chocolate milk. Seriously.. I'm crazy picky. 120 calories, 24g protein. :)

YES! Thank you so much for the suggestion-- I also mix mine with unsweetened almond milk and wanted something that tasted more like chocolate milk. I just bought mine at GNC ($25 for 1 pound, 15 servings per jar), and came home to try it out... It tastes wonderful! Very goood/smooth chocolate flavor, not medicinal, and no funky after taste. No need to add anything (ie- cocoa) to make it taste better. I am SO excited right now!!

For the rest of you who may be interested, it's Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein- Double Rich Chocolate. Nutrition per serving: 120 cals, 1.5g fat, .5g saturated fat, 30mg Cholesterol, 60mg Sodium, 3g carbs, 1g sugar, 23g protein.

I'm so excited to embark on my new protein shake adventure! In the future, I'll buy it direct from Amazon in the 5-pound jugs ($53, estimate 75 servings/jar), and keep my 1-pound jug as a counter-friendly one. :)
    ^This is the most popular one and most people on this site are using it I find. This is what several pages of people recommended to me when I bought mine. I ended up getting Kaizen Naturals decadent chocolate for the shorter more "I know that word" ingredient list. I really like that one but I never have it as a drink. I usually just make chocolate yoghurt or chocolate pancakes out of it.

Kaizen (the natural version) isolate and concentrate (also available as just a isolate) in decadent chocolate:

Natural Kaizen Whey Decadent chocolate (gluten FREE) 100% New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate + Concentrate 908g (2lb) for 22 dollars at Sobeys grocery stores and other places. You can also get the just isolate one which i would recommend (according to most reviews isolates in general taste better and mix better from what i have read).

"New Zealand whey proteins are considered to be the cleanest and purist in the world. The milk used to produce these whey protein is free of hormones (rBGH) and antibiotics as well as being GMO free. They are also routinely screened for chemical contaminants including pesticides and heavy metals."

Ingredients: New Zealand Protein Blend (cross flow micro-filtration whey protein isolate, ultrafiltered whey protein concentrate), cocoa, natural flavors, Enzyme Blend (Protease 1 & 2, Lactase, Amylase), soy lethin, stevia leaf.

Nutrition Facts: Per 30.4 g (1 scoop) protein: 24 g Cals: 122 fat: 1.5 g sat fat: .5 g cholesterol: 30mg sodium 40mg potassiium 250mg carbohydrate 3 g fibre 0 g sugar 1 g calcium 10%

Amino Acid Profile (mg) Alanine 1110 Arginine 630 Aspartic Acid 2305 Cystine 550 Glutamine & Precursors 4083 Glycine 390 Histidine 430 Isoleucine 1520 Leucine 2620 Lysine 2240 Methionine 520 Phenylalanine 820 Proline 1475 Serine 1090 Theronine 1690 Tryptophan 405 Tyrosine 702 Valine 1420

Total BCAA's 5560 leucine 2620 lsoleucine 1520 Valine 1420
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk light chocolate is my favorite tasting. It also tastes decent in just in water.

It's my favorite muscle milk flavor actually (even vs the non-light versions).
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Nutrion Iso 100 - 100% whey protein isolate gourmet chocolate.

Per scoop:
    Protein- 24g
    Calories- 106
    Fat- 0g
    Carbs- 1g
    Sugar- 0g
    Calcium- 60g
    Sodium- 50g

I will never buy any different. Its delish. 2 scoops with 14oz water and 5 ice cubes. Thats my breakfast.

YUP!! LOVE this stuff!! Muscle Tech also makes a great chocolate protein shake, we buy it at Sam's Club.
  • davidjulian
    davidjulian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like the Promasil Milk Chocolate (sells at GNC - join the Gold Card club and you get a discount the first 7 days of every month). 90 calories and 20g protein I believe. And no weird sugar substitutes.
  • fithannafit
    Options
    bump :)
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    body fortress chocolate whey - i get that at wal mart. it's the best cost for me.... i forget how much but it was cheaper than most. tastes like a chocolate milkshake (i mix with skim milk) and its 26g protein at 140 cals.

This
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate at Target mixed with milk tastes like rich chocolate milk to me - 25g protein in 1 scoop, 140cal.
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Dymatize and Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black are my favorite for chocolate. I also heard Trutein tastes delicious, especially if you're into cinnabuns or whatever.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Can't believe that I'm the first to say it (I think) but Gaspari Myofusion Milk Chocolate is totally awesome!! Great tasting. Great profile and quality.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Can't believe that I'm the first to say it (I think) but Gaspari Myofusion Milk Chocolate is totally awesome!! Great tasting. Great profile and quality.

This is the one we went with, and are now 5 or 6 containers in. It's delicious, even just mixed with water. For super-awesomeness following a great lifting session and run, add a frozen banana and milk. So yummy!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

This is the one we went with, and are now 5 or 6 containers in. It's delicious, even just mixed with water. For super-awesomeness following a great lifting session and run, add a frozen banana and milk. So yummy!

Oh yeah, that is my favorite! A little crushed ice too, just to get it nice and cold!! I've tried others but keep coming back because of the taste and the texture. As we say in the culinary industry, great mouthfeel!
  • chippy83
    Options

Still loving this stuff! Also bought it at The Vitamin Shoppe in my area; they have various locations, online presence with free shipping for orders $25 & over, and even their in-store pricing is equivalent to Amazon! I've lost 2.2 pounds in the last 2 weeks since using this and tracking consistently on MFP. I'm sold!! :)
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate at Target mixed with milk tastes like rich chocolate milk to me - 25g protein in 1 scoop, 140cal.

This is the one I was going to recommend. I LOVE this one. It's thick and tastes like chocolate. I never mix it with anything but plain old water, and I don't taste anything but rich, thick chocolate.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Nutrion Iso 100 - 100% whey protein isolate gourmet chocolate.

Per scoop:
    Protein- 24g
    Calories- 106
    Fat- 0g
    Carbs- 1g
    Sugar- 0g
    Calcium- 60g
    Sodium- 50g

YEAH BUDDY