what helps you workout when your really not feeling it?

Options

Replies

• fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I have to wait to eat until afterward. Food is always good motivation :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    what helps motivate you to get up and active on those days when you reaaalllyy cant be bothered?

For me, its knowing I've paid for the whole month and I work bloody hard for my money and I AM going to get my money's worth!! That and I have to say I love doing martial arts (Jiujitsu at the moment) and know that no matter how crappy I'm feeling, I'll feel a lot better after class.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tell myself 'Let's just do it, then at least I achieved one thing today'

It's very, very rare that I have a totally crap workout and probably 19 times out of 20 I end up feeling a hell of a lot better afterwards.
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    1. thinking about how i'll feel afterwards (never ever not once for any reason have i ever regretted a workout)

That's a good one!

It sort of fits with one of my inspiration mottos at the moment "The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret"
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I make myself bothered. I have to PUSH. I simply HAVE to..because laziness was a habit that I developed for so many years is so hard to break..only tough love will shift it.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looking back on how far I have come already! Once I get started I always feel better - and the feeling after a workout can't be beat.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    New kit
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    The scale, that inches lost, and the fact that I have scheduled every workout for over a year. Just be consistent. Mix it up, try an new exercise, buy some new workout clothes, some new music, go to a different gym - get a workout buddy! Just do it.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    what helps motivate you to get up and active on those days when you reaaalllyy cant be bothered?

Really good techno music.

I bought some revamped techno tracks of Lady Gaga that gets my heartbeat going BIG time! I work up a better sweat with a tempo to follow and the music so motivating.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I just stop to think "Even a rubbish workout is a hell of a lot better than the people who are still sat on the sofa doing nothing"

Once i'm there, and i've completed a warm-up i'm generally fine.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    coffee... lately it has been helping me immensely.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Seeing how far i have come since when i started logging here. I have never in my life been so strict with keeping track of calories, and being into fitness so much. My goal is to make this a life-long commitment, and to NEVER be the "big guy" again! Also, seeing people on here, whether my age or not, dedicating themselves to looking and feeling healthy, with the results to prove it. THAT'S what keeps me going!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What would help me would to have a friend to exercise with. I can't seem to do it on my own. My husband goes to the YMCA every night but he spends most of his time in the men's health center. I can't go in there and this leaves me alone.
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1. set out your workout clothes the day before so everything's ready to go.
    2. drink a cup of coffee
    3. don't let yourself think about it - just do it. (seriously, this sounds dumb, but sometimes it's the ONLY way i can get out the door. If i just turn some music on and think about something else while putting my workout clothes on, trying really hard not to think about what's coming, and then walk to the park or the gym and i'm already there - then i HAVE to work out).
    4. step on the scale and picture it slowly inching up.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Remind myself that it is only half a hour (for workout DVD)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    success stories on mfp!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Discipline. It's that simple. It doesn't matter what I feel like. If it's a run day, I run. If it's a strength day, I train. Period.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I take a nap I wake up feeling amazing and ready for a great workout. Other times I just put my shoes on and step out the door.... finding a great playlist helps, too!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    remembering all the times I made excuses and where it got me......
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    my 3 teenagers! if I wasnt up and ready to go at 6.30am Id never hear the end of it,of course if one of them wants to lie in then thats different!!lol