what helps you workout when your really not feeling it?

Options

Replies

• DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym anyway, and once I start I can't stop.

Agree, it make take a coupple extra minutes to get out the door, but once I am there get into th zone pretty quickly.I will sometimes play mind games with myself and justbsay I will gonfor z30 minutes but always end up staying and completing the work out. And sometimes some of my best work outs have been on days where I did not feel like going.
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Before and after pictures of other people, and I also forced myself to put up my before pics on my profile for the world to see so that I have that little push too, cuz I sure as hell don't want to look like that anymore and there is only one way to fix that!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    stimulants
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    working out anyway!..trust me...once you get to the end of the workout..youll feel great.
    I find I workout best when I'm tired..and the endorphins are greater!
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Take a walk. When I don't feel like working out, I like to take a long and low paced walk, listening some music and taking pictures. For me that doesn't feel like a workout.
  • pearlyyy92
    Options
    I smoke, so when I cant be bothered doing any exercise, i cant smoke until I do some exercise :D it works, and if I really can't be arsed, cuts down smoking, so win win really!
  • mebtai2
    mebtai2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Some good music! I play some upbeat music that gets me pumped up and then I end up in the gym with headphones on or something. Then, like someone else said previously, when I get in and get started I can finish my workout.
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    The fat on my belly motivates me
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I picture myself in an itty bitty bikini on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean, sipping on a fruity drink, feet in the sand, and I think to myself that I'll never get there if I don't get through this workout!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I remember how good you feel after, and what end result will be.
  • RHHMom
    RHHMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I say to mystlf something like:

"Put your workout clothes on. They're comfy, right?!

Look, now you're all ready - go workout!"

Seriously, you've just got to start, the endorphins will keep you going. :)
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My workout time is evening - so the red numbers on the Food Diary go a long way to shout at me - get offff yourrrr butttt!!! :D
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    realizing if i just sit around it won't help me reach my goals any faster. :smile:
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jui Jitsu is the best workout. I studied 20 years ago under Royce and Rorian Gracie and that sport kicks your *kitten* in shape. I wish I could still do it. I was just commmenting on a previous post.

Mark Braun
  • tannst
    tannst Posts: 6
    Options
    I talk to myself as if I was trying to motivate my best friend. "come on you can do ten minutes; remember why you are doing this; get off your lazy butt and get busy, just one more day; just try it a month and if you still don't see any results then you can quit; come on get up; get movin!'
    Wahtever it takes. When i started worling out for the first time in my life, three years ago it was really hard. Now i do it without even thinking most mornings, but occaisionally I still have to talk myself into it.
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Looking in the mirror at my fat stomach.
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1. thinking about how i'll feel afterwards (never ever not once for any reason have i ever regretted a workout)

That's a good one!

It sort of fits with one of my inspiration mottos at the moment "The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret"

I love this quote! Totally my inspiration!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I don't want to workout or I procrastinate about doing it. I watch this: http://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ

Then I get my butt up and get it done. Because I want to meet my goals as much as I want to breathe. I let that stupid little voice keep me down for too many years. That little voice saying "just take it easy, you already workout hard enough." OR "It's ok to eat that because you "deserve it" as hard as you work." That little voice I kick in the butt and tell it to SHUT UP and get OUT! That little voice is almost dead and I'll keep trying to kill it because it gets me no where.

"Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt. Get a reward from it! Don't go to sleep until you SUCCEED!!!" ~ The Hip Hop Preacher, Eric Thomas
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I schedule my workouts into my day planner, even if I have my whole day open, I will choose a time and do it at that time. If I treat it like any other appointment, it's harder to blow off.
  • kmac524
    kmac524 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on GymPact! Love the idea! Just joined,