Will you treat yourself once you reach your goal?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I treat myself every ten pounds!!

I bought new sneakers last ten pounds...

When I hit goal, maybe a bikini!
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a guitar tat on my arm!!! And i LOVE it!!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Jewelry. When I hit my final goal, that's what I would gift myself. For mini-goals, I am happy with little things including clothes. :)
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes with a new clothes. I'm looking forward to that. Rewarding yourself with more food. Is never the answer. That was the root of my problem.Peace
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    IF..*IF* I can run my upcoming half marathon and a full marathon straight through, no walking , then i will treat myself to a harley or a General Lee :-)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I try to treat myself every day. I treat myself when I workout. Maybe it's the A.D.D. but I need daily positive reinforcement. :tongue:
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    a new tat thats for sure! :oD but also a new goal... i dont wanna go back to the old me! i rather keep improving! :)
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Were going to Vegas when i reach my goal!!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't reward myself based on how much weight I lose. I reward myself for sticking to my exercise and eating right because I can control that, while I can't control how my body reacts (which hasn't been good lately!).

Anyway, last time I did a personal challenge, my prize was a professional massage. My "reward" for goal will just be loving how I look in clothes and enjoying shopping again.

^^^This is how I feel too. I provide myself with positive reinforcement for doing what I need to do. I know that if I keep it up, I'll eventually reach my goal. I just have to do it every day.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Golly:

Bloody great tattoo of a big Victorian squid.
    A corset. A proper, boned, expensive and awesome one. I'm thinking Wheels and Doll Baby.
    Getting my teeth whitened!

And the nerdy one - I'm going to cosplay at a convention. There are no female gaming characters who are even slightly tubby. Probably this fine lady: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljtsp1EvVV1qj1mi2o1_500.jpg
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

I think I love you a bit!

I hit my original weight loss goal last week and bought a new pair of jeans, a new top, a lovely skirt (all in my newer smaller size) and a nice hair cut.

I have another 10kg to go before I hit my next goal. That might deserve a corset.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Going out to a nice steak house downtown.

Yes, I reward myself with food. Arf Arf

HAHA

You don't have to be a dog to respond to positive reinforcement. :tongue:

I am wondering if the people who refuse to use food as a treat are people that became overweight because of a bad relationship with food. I could be wrong, but just a guess. For me, I just keep thinking, "How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?" And I remind myself that I sat on my *kitten* all day at work, so I can't sit all evening too. Gotsta keep movin' :bigsmile:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    This coat which will make my new found (slender) waist look amazing for my NYE trip to PRAGUE! I also purchased knee high brown boots that fit over my previously too big calves. I'm 12-13 lbs from the total goal weight and I know I'll achieve that by December!

image1xl.jpg
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    my goal reward hasn't been decided yet. I am looking at maybe a spa day, or a mini vacation. My biggest goal will have my biggest reward, going to see my whole family in a year after I have lost so much weight. They have no idea I am doing it.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I think I love you a bit!

Right back atcha. FOR THE HORDE.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes. i am going to have a total spa day
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've seriously plataued (gosh - I cannot spell that right this morning!) but I told my husband a few nights ago that once I finally fall under the 190 mark I'm getting a pedicure! I think I'll do that every 10 pounds. Heck I may even splurge for a pedicure & a massage ;)

Then for the BIG goal - I have been trying to find a cheap get away for my husband and I to celebrate of 3rd Anniversary together on a second honeymoon (he was sick-sick-sick on the first one!)... hopefully I will have hit 160 by then!!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm going to Ireland to run the rock and roll half marathon there in August 2013!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    cruise to the caribbean next july!!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My goals are mostly fitness-related now, so when I meet them, I give myself a new goal.

I've taken to rewarding myself with registration fees and sports bras. *face palm* Which...

Yeh, ok. That's just sad.