What is your goal for September?

Options

Replies

• cherbear_63
    Options
    My goals for September are:

Start transitioning to Paleo way of eating

Get structured with my lifting program

I am beginning to cut back on things I know I will be eliminating soon from my diet and lifestyle. I am attempting to quit smoking, cut back on alcohol consumption, and have been slowly switching to herbal coffee over regular to get off the caffeine roller coaster!

September is going to be the kick off for many things for me! Im anxious to really get serious and be healthy!
  • summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think one of the hardest things about giving up smoking is that you think there will be this great gaping hole in your life where cigarettes used to be and that you'll never enjoy anything quite as much ever again without tobacco. This is especially true with activities linked to smoking e.g. parties, social events etc. The reality is that you don't enjoy those things quite as much at first (at least that was my experience) but eventually you don't think about smoking at all. It took a good few months for me to get to that point but I'm glad I stuck it out. You can do it and I'm sure you will. Good luck :smile:

Sorry this was meant for the guy trying to give up in a previous post!
  • Cait2286
    Cait2286 Posts: 29
    Options
    1. Maintain logging everyday to MFP
    2. Continue working out 5-7 days a week
    3. Lose 10 pound
  • clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Going to the UK for a 3 week vacation.... Try to remian at the same weight? (I hope)
  • reenielovesthebeach
    Options
    Goals for September:

1.) Lose at least 11 pounds (I need to lose at least 11 pounds for the next four months to be at 199 by Christmas)
    2.) Incorporate weights in my workout, as well as the cardio I am already doing
    3.) Try not to stress over which I have no or little control
    4.) Enhance my brain with more reading materials on becoming healthier
    5.) Make my appointment to my doctor to see if I can stop taking blood pressure medication
    6.) Take more time for myself as I work toward my goals and focus more on ME-ME-ME! :flowerforyou:

Let's all check back and report in on 10/1 and see what progress we made. It's one thing to say it and another thing to do it. That way we can all be accountable to each other. We may not succeed at every goal, but we can always make steps to improve and by doing this it will make us all see what we need improvement on when 10/1 rolls around. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    - Get that "soulflwr has logged in for 30 days" message on my profile
    - Exercise daily (because I've stopped completely...boo)
    - Start my marathon training for beginners program and mfp group
    - Stop smoking (scary!)
    - Onederland
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. Continue to log in and track every day. No matter what goes in my mouth I will track it!
    2. finish the 30ds I am on day 5 of level 1.
    3. Keep up my evening walks
    4. Lose 8lbs
    5. Study for my series 66
  • jlkhrk81204
    Options
    1) Continue to login and track every day to stay focused
    2) Quit smoking on 9/10
    3) Move my treadmill out of the garage and into my bedroom so I can still get a good cardio on my non-gym days
    4) Be very close to fitting back in my navy dress pants by the end of the month!
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    1- maintaining my food program
    2- Do one single pull up on my own
    3- Really thinking about quiting tobacco..... this one is hard....

I believe that you can quit!
    I have quit myself, cold turkey. As hard as it seems, if you put all your dedication towards it - you CAN do it!

well done you!. I've stopped smoking too for over 2 years!
  • 10kgirl
    10kgirl Posts: 4
    Options
    to become active again, turn off the tv, and stop late night binge eating.
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1) Jog/walk a 5k twice a week with my son
    2) Stay under my Cal. goal everyday
    3) Feel better than I did in August!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    To get back on track. Drink water again, not cheat anymore and losing a single pound would be great!
  • sodewing
    Options
    Loose about 3 more pounds
    Learn to swim (taking swim lessons now)
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    to make it through 30 day shred this month and lose 10 lbs
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a trip to Key West at the end of September..
    So my goal is to stay focused/motivated so I can be comfortable frolicking in that bikini :happy:
    (I'm hoping to be 6 lbs down by then)

I've just started C25k and my goal is to "become" a runner.

Get back into yoga and fit that into my workout routine (which is still being hammered out now that I've just completed Jillian Michael's Body Revolution)

I just bought a Ninja blender and a crockpot, along with some recipe books. So my goal is actually use these products to make healthy food. :happy:
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    1. Get my team signed up for our college's 5K (it's in October, but we need to register early to make sure we get a spot).
    2. Run for longer than 5 minutes at a time
    3. Go for a run OUTSIDE (it's still too hot to do that right now in Chicago)
    4. Fit into the new Old Navy jeans I bought last week that are too small (how the hell is that possible?! They're a size 20 while the 22s were falling off me)
    5. MORE WEIGHT TRAINING!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Set a new PR in my 10k on the 22nd. :smile:
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    1. To complete the 30DS!
    2. To lose 7lbs
    3. To drink 8 glasses of water a day
    4. To enjoy my birthday on 7th without going overboard.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lose another 5 lbs at least
    Try to cut down even more on smoking
    Pay off another credit card (wooop woop!!)
    Set aside enough money to get bracelets/shirts made for a walk I'm doing for son in October (Have to do that! If I don't I will be really mad at myself!)
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just to keep logging on MFP and to lose 4 or 5 lbs. I have shin splints at the moment, so many exercises are out for me - too painful, especially at night. But I can swim, so I shall try and get back into doing that at least twice a week.

And yes, you CAN quit smoking but it IS hard. I did it 40 years ago and I now actually hate the smell and taste of cigarettes and smoking generally.