NSV - Bridesmaid's Dress

Options

Replies

• jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Do we have a limited amount of time to edit posts?
  • ljaroch
    ljaroch Posts: 64
    Options
    Trying one more time:

Dress.jpg

You look great! I love that dress too!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! It would make me want to go back to the store and show them just to prove the associates don't always know better!!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, a bridesmaid's dress that's actually lovely! And you look gorgeous in it! That must be an awesome feeling...GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations. Now go waltz into that stupid dress store and just sashay around for a bit looking hot and shooting smug looks at the sales people! Heheheh.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great NSV; you look beautiful.
  • craftyone1
    Options
    You look beautiful! :-) How awful for that attendant to say that to you. She has no business being in the customer service field. SO RUDE!
  • KimM93000
    KimM93000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! that's the exact same dress I'm wearing in a wedding next weekend! Unfortunately, I don't have the success story you did. When we tried on dresses in Jan, I needed a 20, but ordered a 16 because I had lost 50 pounds & planned to keep losing. Unfortunately, I didn't lose much more so I just had to exchange my 16 for an 18, but it's better than the 20 I needed in Jan. What a great feeling you must have had going down to a 14! Great job!!! ;-)
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!! :)

Now go back to that b***h of a sales assistant and show her that you HAVE lost weight!!

Well done :)
  • Megz0405
    Megz0405 Posts: 38
    Options
    I know you had to feel good about that!! Great job!!

994327.png
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words!! Its hard for me to see a change when I look in the mirror, but this has been my first big accomplishment. Thanks for the support!
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV...great job!
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married and the day we went to try on bridesmaids dresses I was crushed. I didnt realize how big I was until then. I was the biggest of all the girls and I became really sad in that dressing room. I ended up ordering a size 16 in the hopes to lose a little weight and fit into it. Eventhough they highly suggested I didnt do so. After getting my butt in gear I fit into the dress and actually exchanged it for a size 14.

Last month I went in to try on the dress for the alterations department and I could barely squeeze into the 14. I assured the lady that I am losing weight and I will fit into it by the end of September. "You have to lose more than just a couple of pounds," she says in her skeptical voice. Why do all the associates think no one can lose weight?? Anyway, I just tried on the dress and was able to zip it up easily on my own. I danced aroung the house for about 15 minutes. I should have had my HRM on, lol. It is actually too long now that I dont fill it out as much, so now I'll have to go back to alterations to get it hemmed. This totally made my day!

Ok, time to go back to happy dancing!

You should go back to the same girl and ask her if she could use some of your fitness & nutrition advice!! I'm a bride right now & I would be so upset if someone told one of my BMs that...esp my sister!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! you must feel great! you should go back to the same lady so you can show how much you proved her wrong!
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow, a bridesmaid's dress that's actually lovely! And you look gorgeous in it! That must be an awesome feeling...GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations. Now go waltz into that stupid dress store and just sashay around for a bit looking hot and shooting smug looks at the sales people! Heheheh.

ha, totally agree with this:)
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    You look amazing, that dress looks great on you - congrats!!

ETA: I hope that skeptical saleslady gets to do the hemming on your dress, she needs to see that change can happen!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look really nice in the dress....Congrats!!!!!!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married and the day we went to try on bridesmaids dresses I was crushed. I didnt realize how big I was until then. I was the biggest of all the girls and I became really sad in that dressing room. I ended up ordering a size 16 in the hopes to lose a little weight and fit into it. Eventhough they highly suggested I didnt do so. After getting my butt in gear I fit into the dress and actually exchanged it for a size 14.

Last month I went in to try on the dress for the alterations department and I could barely squeeze into the 14. I assured the lady that I am losing weight and I will fit into it by the end of September. "You have to lose more than just a couple of pounds," she says in her skeptical voice. Why do all the associates think no one can lose weight?? Anyway, I just tried on the dress and was able to zip it up easily on my own. I danced around the house for about 15 minutes. I should have had my HRM on, lol. It is actually too long now that I don't fill it out as much, so now I'll have to go back to alterations to get it hemmed. This totally made my day! OK, time to go back to happy dancing!

Good for you! I suspect, though, that some people feel that they MUST say something.

I used to really dread school-clothes shopping when I was in grade school because I was so big (and the family member HAD to say something about it while we're IN the store). MFP did not exist then.

Now that I'm an adult, I go clothes-shopping ALONE. And I'm on MFP.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nice!!
  • sg8800
    sg8800 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! And don't I see an Eliptical machine in the background...you've obviously used it for more than a dress hanger, great work! Keep it up!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations - you look amazing! I'm actually in a similar situation myself right now except a bit more tricky than yours.

When I went to try on my bridesmaid dress, this time last year, I fit perfectly into a size 12, so that's the size they ordered for me.

About a month ago, I tried it on and it was far far too big. I couldn't exchange it for a 10 because they don't sell that particular style of dress any more, they've stopped production. So I had to get it professionally altered.

It still fit perfectly 3 weeks ago but the wedding isn't for another month so I'm very worried it will be too big by then. And the problem is, the dress has a particular pattern on the back which would be totally ruined if it was altered any more, so if it doesn't fit on the wedding day I'm screwed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!