Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I eat peanut butter pretty frequently now to up my caloires and protein, which i sometimes don't get enough of, and it is a filling snack
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Another yummy alternative is sold at Trader Joe's. It's called Better N' Peanut Butter. Its consistency is a little softer/runnier than regular PB, but the reduced calories more than makes up for it, imho.

Super yummy!

I also use PB2 in smoothies, but I don't think it makes for a good consistency when you mix with water, so that's why I have Better N'PB on hand.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to it on my "cheat days", because...well....if I am gonna have it.....I don't wanna skimp......prob not my best plan....but...;)
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    OMG - I have been on a PB binge lately! Can't get enough.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is usually apple slices and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
    But I try to always use "better n peanut butter". Its less calories and fat (and this particular version is also low sodium). And it tastes just the same to me.

For smoothies/protein shakes, I just bought PB2.
  • MerBear1985
    Options
    LOVE it. Eat it when I want it. I have tried lower calorie/natural ones and nope! Just don't sit down and eat it out of the jar.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I eat smuckers natual PB almost everyday. I weigh it out on a rice cake only 16 grams (1TBS) 100 cals plus 50 cals of caramel rice cake.I have heard of PB2 but haven't seen it anywhwere. I don't know if it has any additives.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like the texture of whole nuts, so a large portion of my healthy fats come from peanut butter. I probably have a serving a day.
  • EllieLou357
    EllieLou357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter everyday for lunch. I eat Bees Knees peanut butter and a Mama Lupe low carb tortilla every day. As long as you workout and burn more calories than you take in you can eat whatever you want!!!!
  • apehl
    apehl Posts: 13
    Options
    moderation and peanut butter just don't sound right in the same sentence.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    3 Letters - PB2 ! :):) Its been a lifesaver for me... :)
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you spread it on something warm you don't use nearly as much. You get all of the peanut butter taste but eliminate tons of calories.

I love it on english muffins in the morning.

Love this! I can use 1/2 of a tablespoon on an english muffin or waffle. I get to enjoy the flavor with none of the guilt! :smile:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have switched to PB2. It is 45 calories for 2 tbsp! And it comes in plain and chocolate!
  • cadynappi
    Options
    I eat peanut butter daily. It is my sweet for the day. I wish I could eat with a spoon, but measure it out. I eat one to two tbs.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Another yummy alternative is sold at Trader Joe's. It's called Better N' Peanut Butter. Its consistency is a little softer/runnier than regular PB, but the reduced calories more than makes up for it, imho.

Super yummy!

I also use PB2 in smoothies, but I don't think it makes for a good consistency when you mix with water, so that's why I have Better N'PB on hand.

Jinx!!
    I just said the exact same thing :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat it occaionally. Usually either with oats or as a dip for veggie or apple slices. It is high calorie but very nutritious and filling.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Buy PB2. It's a powdered peanut butter that you mix with water... it's delicious! They make it in regular and chocolate. 2 tbsp is 45 calories!!!! And it's honestly very tasty!!!! it's basically peanuts without all the oil :)
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ive been known to eat a half a jar some days...a full jar in a week or so some times cant leave it alone and never will :) I dont go for the reduced fat that is just silly its good fats anyway

Right now my favs

pb co white choc wonderful
    pb co bees knees
    kraft whipped
    reese peanut butter
    pb co dark choc dreams

Oh and i have 15 jars waiting in my basement to fill my tummy :)
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Love PB2. On Apples or celery and lately I have been eating it on whole wheat waffles for breakfast. Sooooo good
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    Occasionally: When I am starving hungry at night at 2am... LOL I have a tbsp of reduced fat Peter pan crunchy for 100 cals. Then I can fall asleep.

I too wake up in the middle of the night sometime craving peanut butter. However, I like to dip chocolate fudge pop-tarts in my peanut butter. Then I can go back to sleep :tongue: