going to bed hungry

Options
what do you do when you are hungry before bed???

Replies

• sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    one thing I've learned from here is if your hungry eat!!.. Your body obviously needs more fuel.. I used to always go to bed hungry on 1100-1200 calories a day & I'm losing more weight now im eating more!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat. =) I always save up some calories for eating right before bed. Otherwise I wake up hungry in the middle of the night and it sucks.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Eat, I tend to go to bed in the early hours, and am not up for breakfast anyway, so I have some fruit and a pot of quark with peanut flour, stevia and flax stirred in and that sends me to bed with no hunger. Protein is the best option, though, maybe a few hard boiled eggs, some greek yoghurt or cottage cheese.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I always get grumbling tummy in the middle of the night and it is really annoying.
    But I eat most of my calories later on in the day like dinner time and after.
    Just chug that water!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options

Eat.
    Your metabolism works 24/7 whether you are awake or not, so why wouldn't you eat?
    Have a banana and some walnuts with a glass of water then go lay down.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I agree with the water comment. I drink a glass of water before bed each night. If you have grumbling pains...that is different...you need to eat. If it just a "man I could go for some chips right now" type of thing, drink water.
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    wow you guys are fast. all good things. Thank you...
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    definitely eat.

I've just started keeping low carb protein drinks in the house. One before bed to give my body what it needs overnight looks like a good idea to me.
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eat more! :bigsmile: You have calories leftover pretty much everyday. MFP already builds in a calorie deficit. I agree with the other posters about upping your protein. Maybe a bigger breakfast to start your day? It looks like you have a pretty active job too. I am eating more than you most days, and I am female with a desk job....

:smile:
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    maby im not eating the amount i should. I try not to eat all my left over caolries at night. I will try to do better. Thank you.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I don't like to go to bed hungry so I plan to eat at night. I eat 50% of my calories within an hour of going to bed. Just plan for it and you'll be fine.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Go to bed anyway. I forget all about it before I fall asleep; and usually don't remember the hunger in the morning.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Eat your full amount of calories - you have enough for a meal left over on many days. You deficit is built into your calorie target. Going lower will slow your loss.
  • jmartinez6584
    Options
    something light...saltine crackers are small for serving size---5 crackers per serving
    (I get the unsalted tops though, watching my sodium). Looking into peanut butter celery boats for a healthier snack, or Blue Diamond whole natural almonds are good too.
  • craigpix2000
    Options
    eat mate try having some cottage cheese or casein powder( protein shake slow release) i usually have the casein because i hate the texture of cottage cheese
  • llama726
    llama726 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein with your evening meal maybe? I used to have a big problem with night snacking but I've shifted toward a higher protein meal in the evening (I usually am carb-heavier in the morning and eat more protein in the evening after exercise sessions). At any rate, the more protein I have proportionally in my evening meal, the less hungry I get at night.

People have great suggestions already, but, things that have worked for me to manage this in the past:
    -2 Ritz-style crackers and a teaspoon of peanut butter with a full glass of water
    -A handful of almonds... and a glass of water.
    -A very small bowl of frozen berries (you can find these in the freezer section of grocers) along with, you guessed it, a glass of water.

There is something to the "not eating before bed" thing, but everyone is different. If your weight loss stagnates, I don't suggest eating before bed. But if it doesn't, then do what works for you and don't dwell on anything else.
  • donnakcraig
    donnakcraig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I talk a walk to earn some exercise cals. back or eat jello I am off to bike now because I used up all my cal. sitting around the house on a day off.
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I will either eat a small snack or drink a protein shake.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole cucumber and dip it in red wine vinegar