Skinny Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck?!?!?

Options

Replies

• paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mickey/Minnie mouses ears have always freaked me out, if these new stylised characters ears stay in the same place during front and profile views i'm all for it.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    not sure where you picked that up from my post? ..

Anyways, my point is I am confident that my 4 year old daughter isn't going to look at this image and think this is how humans are supposed to look. She's a bright kid, she knows the difference between ducks and humans, cartoons and real life, etc. She would just say something like "Mommy, why does Daisy look so weird".

Saying "these images disgust me I think they're going to speak to children in a very unhealthy way" is a huge overreaction.

Hmm.... I just realized that I quoted the wrong person. My bad.

Anyways, my point was that art is supposed to solicit a feeling or response. I feel that the art is disgusting and sends the wrong message. That's ingrained into who I am. It's not like I'm advocating to burn down the store. So how am I OVER reacting?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to friends Pooh Bear tattoo, only it took like 20 years. FYI: don't tattoo Pooh Bear on your boob.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's just....weird.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How stupid do people think kids are? I watched Looney Toons as a child, and not once did I drop an anvil off a cliff, purchase a flying bat costume or giant sling-shot from Acme, or try to protect myself from falling rocks with a tiny umbrella.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE OLD DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who cares? This isn't "the new Disney". It's an ad campaign for an unrelated product.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daisy is hot!!!:blushing:
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE OLD DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who cares? This isn't "the new Disney". It's an ad campaign for an unrelated product.

^^^Second that!^^^
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    How stupid do people think kids are? I watched Looney Toons as a child, and not once did I drop an anvil off a cliff, purchase a flying bat costume or giant sling-shot from Acme, or try to protect myself from falling rocks with a tiny umbrella.

rotfl2.gif
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    470_2487186.jpg
    D-bag Goofy.

Does anyone else find this disgusting?
    OMG they dressed Goofy as Adam Ant. I find this incredibly amusing.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    eh my only problem is that these are characters kids look up to and its as if they didn't look good enough to begin with so they had to "change" to fit in or wear certain looks. It is just sending a bad message IMO. I am aware this is just a campaign for barneys but still it is seen by children and they are going to notice they are much skinnier. As far as the art itself, not a fan, goofy totally looks like a d-bag -.-
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Umm....who here has ever "looked up" to Disney characters? Am I the only one that just watched these shows for entertainment purposes? Why would you want to look like ANY version of Minnie Mouse :noway:

That being said, these are ugly.
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Umm....who here has ever "looked up" to Disney characters? Am I the only one that just watched these shows for entertainment purposes? Why would you want to look like ANY version of Minnie Mouse :noway:

That being said, these are ugly.

I looked up to Disney princesses when I was like 5 and know a lot of other children who also do or have idealized some form of Disney character.... kids have very active imaginations (thank god). It's not that far-fetched. Minnie mouse I am not so sure of but the point is it can and will effect Some children. Not every kid out there will have parents that care enough to explain that it's just for marketing and minnie didnt go on a diet lol. Sadly some parents or peers tell them they are fat and should strive to be more "princess" like.

To whoever said wallowitz to goofy, LMAO. I totally see that now!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I actually like this. Reminds me of something you'd see in a Tim Burton film.

I don't really see why people are offended by this. To me it art, promoting clothes. The only time I'd worry is if stuff like this ACTUALLY ended up on disney channel.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    To me they just look like 'grown up' versions of the cartoon. I dunno, it's a little weird but it's artistic. I don't think they're trying to say that Minnie Mouse is fat and needs to lose weight, that's a little ridiculous to assume. People are so sensitive.
  • vqnerdballs
    Options
    I don't mind reinterpreting a character in a different style, but I read an article somewhere about this same thing where the artist was quoted as saying that he HAD to change their bodies because Minnie's standard shape wouldn't look good in the type of dress he wanted her to wear. Ugh.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Minus the boots and slightly longer shirt, i would rock Goofy's outfit any day!

I guess they could have made Jack Skelington too, so people wouldn't freak out about how the disney characters look lol.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I don't mind reinterpreting a character in a different style, but I read an article somewhere about this same thing where the artist was quoted as saying that he HAD to change their bodies because Minnie's standard shape wouldn't look good in the type of dress he wanted her to wear. Ugh.

Minnie must have been so offended when she heard this comment.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    470_2487186.jpg
    D-bag Goofy.

Does anyone else find this disgusting?
    OMG they dressed Goofy as Adam Ant. I find this incredibly amusing.

I was thinking more Mick Jagger....
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    Laaaaaaaaammeeee.

I think Daisy looks kinda cute but seriously, keep them the way they were.

Actually, can we just go back to Steamboat Willy times?