I'm hungry--chose poorly today and no calories left!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if i were you, i'd just grab a 200 calorie meal and just learn from whatever mistakes you made today.
  • Dnasty6996
    Options
    If you dont want to just eat something, you can always work it off and earn yourself more calories!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    eat something healthy...going over is not the end of the world. One snack won't break you either. I often have lots of calories left but days where I go over....
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love to make a HUGE salad with 5-6 cups of greens and about 2TBSP of a dressing that is 50 calories or less.... sometimes topped with about 110 calories worth of grilled chicken if I need more protein.

Strawberries or cantaloupe are also some favs!

I agree- the world won't end if you got a hundred or two over. :)
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Obviously many people will have different opinons but personally I wouldn't eat anything else and take it as a lesson/learning experience. If you eat junk you'll go hungry.
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually do Pineapple, Mini Rice Cakes (by quaker), or Wheat Thins with a big glass of water or a Minute Maid Light Lemonade (only 5 calories a can!)
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Obviously many people will have different opinons but personally I wouldn't eat anything else and take it as a lesson/learning experience. If you eat junk you'll go hungry.

you have to look inside yourself and decide what YOU want to do, not what other people tell you to do. If you set your calories at 1200, and you ate them all and don't want to eat any more then don't. drink some water and struggle through it. that is just one approach.

many would not agree with that statement and they are not wrong to disagree. allowing yourself to suffer or feel starved is self punishment and you never want to associate self punishment with eating better or losing weight, you will fail. you will end up sneaking food and feeling worse.

so either raise your caloric intake or make better choices with your calories. eat big salads, like use a whole head of romaine and put delicious things on it like chicken, or nuts and goat cheese but mostly lettuce. stuff yourself until you are full or make 3 little salads to get you through the night.

if you are feeling so deprived that you had to put up a post about it, you are obviously really suffering right now and my inclination would be to tell you to have a sensible snack because you shouldn't be feeling this way. staying under your caloric goal should make you feel proud not deprived.

maybe make some plain oatmeal or something because it will fill you up, or eat some toast. carbs fill me up so i eat them in moderation in between meals of lots of raw veggies.

try starting your day off with toast and oatmeal for breakfast, i find that it keeps me stable throughout the day. i chew gum too when i have a sweet tooth. im not telling you to use gum as a way to starve yourself, just to keep your mouth busy.

anyway good luck.
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    Almond, strawberries,veggies. It is OK to have some extra calories once a while but not junk healthy food. You can try to drink a cup of Good Earth Original Tea, Sweet & Spicy. It is sweet and spicy, so tasty. no sugar, all natural, zero calories 6 grams of carbs only.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You could consume the calories now, and go for a walk after you finish your shift. You can spend them before you earn them lol like my paychecks hahaha
  • shan1204
    shan1204 Posts: 36
    Options
    A low calorie lentil based soup would be my choice in that situation - plus a few large glasses of water.
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know grapes are sugary but a small bowl of grapes and strawberries on my desk fill me until my next meal. A banana or melon is also quite filling.

If your going to go over, do it on good foods and it wont matter as much X
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great replies!! lots of "food for thought" so to speak. I run into the problem frequently because I'm on-call at night. I want to get all my calories for the day, so I eat them. But then if I get called and am up working, I'm hungry and have already used my calories. I'm going to look carefully at your responses and see what I can figure out.

For the kind person who commented on "my" baby in the photo and thought I might be breastfeeding, that was SO sweet--but he's my grandson! Fortunately, or unfortunately, I haven't breastfed in 19 years :) My kiddos are 19-26.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I took a look at your diary... looks like you are trying for 1200 but eating around 1500. I think your body knows it needs more along the lines of 1500. 1200 is low. Take a glance at the link above...
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    eat. the world's not going to end if you're a couple hundred calories over.
    Agreed. It's not going to make one bit of difference if you're over one day.

Also, listen to the others. Go to the link that JenKillough provided.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Have you considered zig-zagging your calories so that each week you are still at the weekly goal but it allows for more room on some days calorie-wise? It works well for me. I keep track of my "average" weekly calories to make sure i'm still in a deficit but on a day to day basis, I don't stress on the days where I might go over because I know that I can/will keep my calories lower the next day or two.

Here is a thread on it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/534978-zig-zagging-calories

You can research and find a lot more info on it as well. :wink: