Ladies. . . .shaving issues

Options

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I cut myself shaving my legs all the time...solely because I'm admiring my gams.
    Everything else has been lasered off, so thankfully I'm not chopping up anywhere else.

Keep your legs straight and toes pointed when shaving the backs of your legs, that should help.
    In the mean time, don't flex your calves and stare at them when shaving around your ankles...

leg.jpg
    I stll have a visible scar on my ankle bone from when I was 13 years old..There was a string of skin stuck to my razor. Sorry TMI! lol
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    I wax for the past 7 years, but i want to get laser removal as well.... uuuuuurg that would help soooooooo much.

Edit: i visit a beautician to wax me, she uses different types of wax to different spots so it doesn't hurt at all.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Start a new trend...knees with bangs. :smile:

OMG I almost peed myself when I read this! :laugh:
  • staceface519
    Options
    I got 4 hairs on one leg and 3 on the other....aren't I the lucky one???

I envy you. . .
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Try the venus razon with the dry shave things on the top and bottom. It is expensive but so worth it, I am in love.
  • staceface519
    Options
    laser hair removal. life. changing.

^^^THIS!!

I've always wanted to do that.. but isn't it pretty expensive?

Whole body can go 5,000 bucks and up. . . i do laser hair removal for clients but i cant do it on myself. lol
  • staceface519
    Options
    I also switched from adlies razors to a mans razor with 5 blades. . and use conditioner to shave. . keeps u smoother for longer and keeps skin soft . Best trick i learned in beauty school!
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Let me share with you the most amazing razor ever. The Gilette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor. (http://cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Gillette-Fusion-ProGlide-Power-Razor?skuId=796138)

It is a men's razor. I always heard women should never use a man's razor, but this is what my fiance uses, and I thought "wth" and tried it. Ah.May.Zing. It is the smoothest shave I've ever had and after using it for like 3 years now (not the same cartridge, obv., just the razor itself lol) I have maybe cut myself like once or twice.

IDK why they don't just make women's razors like this.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Absolutely. Worth every penny!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Now that I'm so heavy I have major trouble shaving....which I never had before! Constantly missing spots....or sadly can't see spots and miss!! Oh and I CONSTANTLY cut myself!!! Oh the woes we all have :wink:
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    im the same with the underarms when i lift my arms up to shave its like a deep hole so i have to go over the same area with my razor so many times till every hair is off uggh its a pain i know exactly what you mean. BUT ive noticed that if you try to relax your arm more when you lift it up it tends to fill up the area so that is what i have been doing lately it helps alot and much easier to shave
  • french_press
    Options
    Buy a men's razor. It is seriously the best thing ever.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!

I've always wanted to do that.. but isn't it pretty expensive?

Whole body can go 5,000 bucks and up. . . i do laser hair removal for clients but i cant do it on myself. lol

Hell for that I would get plastic surgery :P
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I cut myself shaving my legs all the time...solely because I'm admiring my gams.
    Everything else has been lasered off, so thankfully I'm not chopping up anywhere else.

Keep your legs straight and toes pointed when shaving the backs of your legs, that should help.
    In the mean time, don't flex your calves and stare at them when shaving around your ankles...

leg.jpg

Wait...is that blood..I pass out at the sight of............
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use lotion to shave, it's saved me from a summer of razor burn!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Buy a men's razor. It is seriously the best thing ever.

That and use conditioner to shave... Fabulous!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tricky, no, i am finding it easier. I don't have the hip joint pain as much and I ahum, can reach things better. But I always have trouble - i am REALLY REALLY blind, so unless I wear my glasses, I cut my legs to pieces.

I use the Hydro 3 or 5 blade powered razor w/ Vo5 Conditioner as shave lotion.

It works well and is cheap. Plus seems to help condition my skin.

The razor is a men's razor, but it has this extra edge guard on the blades that helps prevent nicks and the power version - which means it vibrates - (LOL) seems to make it glide effortlessly across my skin.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Toning will help but laser hair removal will solve all of your shaving problems. I have had my underarms and bikini (front and back) areas done and as a swimmer it has been life changing. Next stop my legs. I dream of the day when I can throw my men's razor away and never look back.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Start a new trend...knees with bangs. :smile:

OMG I almost peed myself when I read this! :laugh:
    Bahahahahahahaha!!!!! I'm there! ;)
    One previous poster gave a good description of how to get your armpits...the one with the hand between the shoulder blade...it gives it an "outward" curve kind of like a barbie doll. LOL
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For underarms, put your arm behind your head, your hand between your shoulderblades. It makes the pit flat. :)
    For knees (back or front), just keep your leg straight, bending at the waist.
    Enjoy the weekend!

I've never heard of this but I am going to try it, I have the worst time with underarms haha thanks!