Significant results from 30 day Shred?

Options

Replies

• ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am starting this again on Saturday - I was doing it on level one and got to day 8 but was on holiday and kept losing the internet signal to my phone, I must admit it is an amazing workout in such a short space of time. I did it as soon as I got up, before I went the gym. Will be doing this now for the next 30days will keep you posted.
  • smsrls24
    Options
    I am on Day 5 of Level 2 and it is working. I was going to take measurements tonight (at halfway point) just to see where I am. I lost about 3 pounds so far.

I was on Level 1, Day 8 or 9 and watched Level 2...I thought "Holy crap, I am never going to be able to do that!" but lo and behold, here I am doing it. It is tough, don't get me wrong, but it gets easier as you get used to it IMO. I haven't even watched Level 3 yet because I don't want to freak myself out like I did for L2! LOL
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    On day 27. Gained 2 pounds. Lost 2.5 inches.
    I eat about 1700 calories a day. 5'9... 152 pounds
    I ordered RI30. I heard it's harder. I am nervous but still gonna try it.

I'm currently one Week 2 of Ripped in 30... It's wonderful :) (In that "i want to kill Jillian because I walk funny because my muscles are killing me *everywhere*" kind of way)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    For those of you who got results, did you just do one level at a time for 10 days at a time? Did you do 2 levels at a time? Did you add any additional workouts?

Thanks~

I did Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 days, and Level 3 for 10 days.

Level 1 is definitely the easiest and can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy. Not so! Once you get to Level 2 you'll realize it's anything but fun. Definitely a great workout :)

Oh my why did you have to say this!!! I found level one difficult!! I'm on to level 2 tomorrow and now I'm freaking out!!!!

You can do it! Just use the modifier until you work up to the expert person, who is a machine!

I completed Ripped In 30 right after 30DS. It's very similar with a few new moves. I'm doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. I wll probably go back to 30 DS after or try one of her other DVDs after this....put in the work and you will love the results. And only 25 minutes a day! Definitely worth it..
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 Day Shred and am a week away from finishing Ripped in 30. The 30 Day Shred was awesome, but you definitely have to be dedicated to finish it. I lost 12 lbs. and quite a few inches. SO worth it! Since I started Ripped in 30 I have lost another 11 lbs. (still have a week to go). I was super out of shape when I started 30DS, so I didn't push myself to move on until I was ready. I ended up doing the first level for like 12 days. Same for level 2. The thing that gets me through the workouts every day is the fact that it's only 30 minutes. It's only a tiny little chunk out of my day and then I'm free to do what I want!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    For those of you who got results, did you just do one level at a time for 10 days at a time? Did you do 2 levels at a time? Did you add any additional workouts?

Thanks~

I did Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 days, and Level 3 for 10 days.

Level 1 is definitely the easiest and can fool you into thinking the DVD is easy. Not so! Once you get to Level 2 you'll realize it's anything but fun. Definitely a great workout :)

Oh my why did you have to say this!!! I found level one difficult!! I'm on to level 2 tomorrow and now I'm freaking out!!!!

I personally find level 2 easier if that makes you feel better
  • elizabethoneill
    elizabethoneill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My DVD arrived today and i plan to start tomorrow wish me luck
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I did up to day 10 and could really see a difference. I stopped because i went on vacation and it messed me up. but you'll see results! I didn't buy the dvd... i found it free on youtube.

Level 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Level 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594

Level 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've just started level 3, so far I have lost 7lbs - put starting and halfway pictures on my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rjsimpson2002

Also, so far I have lost 2 inches from my waist as well. I am an apple shape so that is where I want it to go from...good luck.
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30DS the month of July. I began with very little muscle tone at all (the first day of level 1 left me so sore, I could barely move for two days -- that's how weak I was), stuck through it and completed it. By the end of the month, I definitely noticed a difference in muscle definition, my endurance, and my strength. For someone like me, especially, the results were pretty clear even after just 4 days of the work out. I only lost 2 pounds, but a total of 14 inches on the Shred, and it absolutely encouraged me to keep going.

Now I'm doing the Ripped in 30 (week one will be very easy for anyone who has completed the Shred, but week 2 and up is very challenging, even for Shred alums!), with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown for a full hour workout every day. My body has changed a LOT since June. I couldn't be happier with Jillian's DVD's!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am using 30DS also and it does kick your booty! I am on Day 2 and we be so glad when I can finish the jumping jacks. They kill me! I have big girls and it hurts LOL
    2680431 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am planning on doing it for 30 days starting tomorrow too!
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS yesterday 8/30. I gained 2 pounds.
    My stomach (around my belly button) went from 38 to 35.5
    My waist went from 33.5 to 31.5
    Thighs: 21.5 to 21

No sucking in on either pic...

BEFORE
    Before.jpg

AFTER
    After.jpg
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just did level 2 day 1 and omg!!! I literally nearly cried!! I will stick at it I'm sure it will get easier just like it did with level one!!

I have lost 4lbs doing the 1st ten days, and about two inches off my hips and two inches off my waist!! ... But I'm starting to really see it in my arms!!! (God I hate my arms!!!!!)
  • PuggleLover
    Options
    @Stefanny91 - I did cry when I went to level 2... I was so mad I couldn't do it!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @Stefanny91 - I did cry when I went to level 2... I was so mad I couldn't do it!

I'm so glad you said that!!! I felt so defeated!! after going from owning level one!! to being defeated by the first circuit in level two!!! How far through are you? x
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    After 8 days of level 1 I messed up both of my knees with the jumping involved. According to the doctor both knee caps had a bit too much bone on bone stress put on them. As soon as they don't hurt anymore with walking stairs and such, I'll continue. Will replace the jumping with low-impact cardio though!
  • PuggleLover
    Options

I'm so glad you said that!!! I felt so defeated!! after going from owning level one!! to being defeated by the first circuit in level two!!! How far through are you? x
    I just finished the 30 days yesterday. I ordered RI30... It isn't here yet so I am going back to level two - god forbid I give myself a break - to see if I can do any of the moves better or make it through without swearing at the TV.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred 10 days each level wit no breaks. I "only" lost 4 lbs but i lost 2 inches off each my bust, waist and ips and one inch off my upper arms and thighs. Now I am doing Ripped in 30.
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! I start level III tomorrow. So far I have lost 4 pounds, but mostly I am amazed at how much stronger I have gotten so quickly. When I started I couldn't do a single push-up, not even from my knees, nor could I complete a full minute of bicycle crunches!! Well guess what! Yesterday I did my very first man push-up in my entire life!

I love this workout and couldn't be happier. Am so scared to see what level III looks like tomorrow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!