Taking things personally.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lol.....only 20, and already married with a kid. Planned, I am sure. You got a lot of growin up to do if you expect this marriage to last. I'm just sayin. Good luck!

Sounds like she has a lot more maturity than you.

Look, all I am sayin, is you wanna know why guys dont wanna get married? This is it. This entire post. A lot of women fret over everything that comes out of a guy's mouth, and make our lives miserable for it. There is some upside to marriage, but if it all fails, the guys life gets rung through the ringer, and sent to the crapper. And this is why it wont last. My maturity has nothing to do with it.

We are women. Women are different than men. We are emotional, sensitive beings. This is not a bad thing. This is a good thing. Where would the world be without emotional, sensitive women? We aren't sensitive to make men's lives miserable. We are sensitive because it's in our nature. Yes, this does sometimes make communication within relationships difficult but it's not impossible.

Like I said, my husband hurt my feelings regarding my appearance recently. We talked about it, he said things to make me feel better, we had awesome make-up sex and it was over.

You apparently have some negative feelings toward women and yes, this does have a lot to do with your maturity. I'd suggest you spend some time trying to understand and appreciate women and you'd probably have better luck with relationships.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Lol.....only 20, and already married with a kid. Planned, I am sure. You got a lot of growin up to do if you expect this marriage to last. I'm just sayin. Good luck!

Look, all I am sayin, is you wanna know why guys dont wanna get married? This is it. This entire post. A lot of women fret over everything that comes out of a guy's mouth, and make our lives miserable for it. There is some upside to marriage, but if it all fails, the guys life gets rung through the ringer, and sent to the crapper. And this is why it wont last. My maturity has nothing to do with it.

No your bad attitude and explanations of things you clearly have no experience with does. Move along young one. Try living alittle before you try to shed all this light on people. I'm sorry your parent's relationship or those around you have made you so bitter.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Funny, i dont find that men dont want to get married. Quite the opposite in fact. (may want to pay close attention to the “men” part)

You sound like a bitter old hag.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    You're a real gem. Keep up the weight loss...you're going to need your looks.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Your parents must be proud. They sure raised you up well. :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Honestly, I could care less about what anyone says. This is all just entertainment for me anyways. I just like to see how you bimbos react. See how far I can take it before I have to create another fake email, and another fake name, etc etc. I couldn't care less, though.

Wow.
  • tismyhardbody
    Options
    You're a real gem. Keep up the weight loss...you're going to need your looks.
    [/quote

]<giggles>
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Just break up.

Is there an echo in here?
  • tismyhardbody
    Options
    Honestly, I could care less about what anyone says. This is all just entertainment for me anyways. I just like to see how you bimbos react. See how far I can take it before I have to create another fake email, and another fake name, etc etc. I couldn't care less, though.

And you should add better fake pictures to this list too
  • sizzle92
    Options

And you should add better fake pictures to this list too

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Wow. Look, I have been with my husband for 5 years. Yes, we're young, but you know nothing about either of our lives, I'm 20 years old, married, and a mother. I'm also almost done with my Bachelor's degree. I'm one of the smartest people you'd ever meet. My son was planned. I've been married for two years. I'm not someone to make decisions lightly, and I'm not your typical young mom who got "knocked up" and married for the wrong reasons. If you're saying my marriage will not work because I am young, your logic is flawed. My grandparents got married at 18 and are 62, still happily married. The reason that many people get divorced these days is because they simply won't/can't put in the work needed to make the relationship last. This does not matter how old they were when they got married. Your generalizations and judgment show your own maturity, and I don't see the reason you even posted, since all you did was bash my character. If you believe my reaction was irrational, why not just say so?
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Girl do not give him the time of day. He's just miserable and bitter. Probably wasn't raised in a healthy environment and is using this defense he is throwing out to justify why he'll remain single forever. When the reasons he will are very clear.
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Girl do not give him the time of day. He's just miserable and bitter. Probably wasn't raised in a healthy environment and is using this defense he is throwing out to justify why he'll remain single forever. When the reasons he will are very clear.

Thanks =) You're probably right. I just really don't like being judged. My original post was really more of a rant because I was feeling down. I certainly did not expect 5 pages of responses. I was just hoping for a "chin up, he loves you and didn't mean it to be hurtful". Because in all honesty, I doubt he meant to hurt my feelings. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that it did.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    OMG I just reviewd a lot of his posts. Dude has issues and seems obsessed with handing out marital advice. That's really creepy yet super funny since he is single. :laugh: Thanks for the laugh, man!!

OP, try to find comfort in the fact that you have such a wonderful source to turn to for marital advice on MFP. :drinker: Chin up.....your husband just said something dumb. We all do it. You look great.
  • Rae6503
    Options

Thanks =) You're probably right. I just really don't like being judged. My original post was really more of a rant because I was feeling down. I certainly did not expect 5 pages of responses. I was just hoping for a "chin up, he loves you and didn't mean it to be hurtful". Because in all honesty, I doubt he meant to hurt my feelings. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that it did.

Right. So tell him that. Feelings are NEVER invalid.
  • sizzle92
    Options

Right. So tell him that. Feelings are NEVER invalid.

THIS!^^