Tuna Lovers! HELP!

Options
123457»

Replies

• maggbrooks
    maggbrooks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this it sounds good Thanks!
  • maggbrooks
    Options
    YUM-O LOOOVE guac! going to try this ASAP
  • maggbrooks
    Options
    Tuna, artichoke hearts, dried cranberries, pine nuts, light italian dressing.

Place on lettuce and fold into pita.

Healthy deliciousness.
  • maggbrooks
    Options
    Some yummy recipes here!

I just make a simple Tuna mornay.

Melt a knob of butter, add enough flour to absorb, add skim milk till it is a thick runny consistency, add 1 can creamed corn.
    In another pan lightly fry 1 small onion and a tin of tuna, then add to above mixture.
    Yummy on toast.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I keep 3 oz cans in my little food drawer at work. There's a fridge, so I can keep other supplies, too.
    here's a few lunches I make:
    1. Healthy choice makes pretty nice soups - vegetable, split pea, NE clam chowder. I microwave a full can and tump a can of tuna in. Tastes great and bumps up the nutritional value. (sometimes I chop a hard-boiled egg and put it in the soup.)
    2. One can tuna, equal amount of cottage cheese, whole grain toast. Heaven.
    3. can of tuna. one chopped apple, some dijonnaise (mayo-mustard in a bottle). Yum - great lunch!
    4. Can tuna, one truly ripe (but not overripe) avocado, a chopped tomato, and, if you want, a little chopped red onion. Mmm-mmm!
    5. Tuna and cottage cheese, half a diced apple, some diced wax beans (as fresh as you can get them - I used to grow my own - if you can't, then use celery), mayo and curry powder. Put on crackers or whole grain bread. Muy yum!
  • starkitty78
    Options
    Bump. :-)
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cleorh
    cleorh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cottage cheese, couple of eggs.Can also add some veggies like onion if you want.
    Baked in the oven.
    Bit like a quiche but not !!!!
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    I just made this recipe tonight and its delicious! A bit high in sodium but worth it!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asian-tuna-patties/detail.aspx

Ingredients

2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
    1 egg, beaten
    3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    3 green onions, minced
    1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
    1 tablespoon ketchup
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

In a large bowl, mix tuna, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, and garlic. Blend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and pepper into the mixture. Form the mixture into about 6 patties approximately 1 inch thick. Lightly sprinkle each patty on all sides with cornmeal.
    Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 230 | Total Fat: 7.6g | Cholesterol: 52mg

FYI- I omitted the teriyaki sauce and used 2tbsp Sweet n Sour sauce, left out the sesame oil and added 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I also substituted garlic powder for the garlic clove, and left out the green onion. Its an easy recipe to tweak and change around.