A weeks worth of calories in one weekend?

Options

Replies

• 3enjamin
    3enjamin Posts: 14
    Options
    Ive done weeks worth of eating in a weekend and it does sound more enticing ;)
    I've been working out pretty consistently to try and reach my goal of 60 lbs in 16 weeks. Ive kinda hit a wall and want to use this to push me over that. I also want to start training for a tough mudder event in Feb and this would be a good way to kick off that training.

Heres what Im thinking-
    Friday night - Gym- 60 min on treadmill at 3.5 mph at 8-10% incline. 30 min HIIT. Lifting weights

Saturday- 6 mile hike through some of phoenix mountains2-3 hours. Gym- 1 hr bicycling more weight lifting- swimming laps 1 hr

Sunday- 2 mile jog. 1 hour p90x. 1-2 hours of soccer.

That's what I'm shooting for. I think its achievable and I'm going to push really hard to hit it :)
    Friday night - Gym- 60 min on treadmill at 3.5 mph at 8-10% incline. 30 min HIIT. Lifting weights
    (1000 cal)

Saturday- 6 mile hike through some of phoenix mountains2-3 hours. Gym- 1 hr bicycling more weight lifting- swimming laps 1 hr
    (2400 cal)

(2000 *assuming 2 hrs of soccer, playing midfield, constant running)

Total: 5400 cal

Those are my *generous* estimates, based on my own stats- I don't know how big you are, etc. So don't take the numbers at face value- just as a sanity check. I think 11,000 cals over a weekend is kind of insane, unless you are a serious athlete and your body is conditioned for it.
    You are pretty close to what I got also. So 5400 plus the 1900 calories a day my body burns naturally should put me at 9200 for the weekend. So I am about 2000 calories short. :) either way Im still going to push for it and see where I'm at by the end of the next weekend.
    Glad Im living up to the standards of past members Cliff :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    :laugh: CONSUMING a week's worth of calories in one weekend is more the kind of goal I'd like to try.

Yeah. I totally thought was what the thread was going to be about.
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    :laugh: CONSUMING a week's worth of calories in one weekend is more the kind of goal I'd like to try.

Ditto, lol!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :laugh: sorrie no i have a life that dose alot of nagging for attention,demanding to be fed, played with, and changed....and thats just the husband, the kids are way worse..
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You know, I may have to go against the flow here, and say GO FOR IT! It seems to me that you've figured it out pretty well, and as you will be eating back a lot of those calories, you won't be starving your body. So, best of luck to ya! Make sure to drink water, and try adding various calisthenics over the course of the day to bump up that last little bit.
    Now, that being said, it goes against my goals right now, but I wholeheartedly support you in it. :)
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nah. I'm good.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I've been working out pretty consistently to try and reach my goal of 60 lbs in 16 weeks. Ive kinda hit a wall and want to use this to push me over that. I also want to start training for a tough mudder event in Feb and this would be a good way to kick off that training.

Heres what Im thinking-

That's what I'm shooting for. I think its achievable and I'm going to push really hard to hit it :)
    (1000 cal)

(2400 cal)

(2000 *assuming 2 hrs of soccer, playing midfield, constant running)

Total: 5400 cal

Those are my *generous* estimates, based on my own stats- I don't know how big you are, etc. So don't take the numbers at face value- just as a sanity check. I think 11,000 cals over a weekend is kind of insane, unless you are a serious athlete and your body is conditioned for it.
    You are pretty close to what I got also. So 5400 plus the 1900 calories a day my body burns naturally should put me at 9200 for the weekend. So I am about 2000 calories short. :) either way Im still going to push for it and see where I'm at by the end of the next weekend.
    Glad Im living up to the standards of past members Cliff :)

Well, If you're adding your TDEE to the above exercises it's less insane than I originally thought. I interpreted the original post to mean you wanted to EXERCISE 11,000 cals worth. Still, it's pretty hardcore- be very careful! I would suggest icing down your joints in the evening, eating a lot, and having an electrolyte replacement pretty much the whole time to avoid hyponatremia- especially because you're planning to be out in the phoenix heat.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hell to the NO, that's about 9 or 10 hours PER DAY of high intensity exercise for me... and I'm over 300lbs, I burn a lot more calories than average peeps, so 600 cals per hour is typical when I'm doing high intensity *kitten*... so that's a big NO for me, but kudos to you and your friend! Wish you the best of luck... stay hydrated and fueled!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I will commit to eating back the calories that you burn, how about that?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the 'why' but each to their own!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That's like almost a 4k burn per day.... I can barely get past 500....
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Heres what Im thinking-

Why don't you just push your goal weeks out?
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the 'why' but each to their own!

This!!!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

Yeah. I totally thought was what the thread was going to be about.

I'd be down for that kind of challenge. Not so much on the burning 10,000 kcal in a weekend.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No thats not me. I just found this place yesterday. I'm not trying to troll or anything. Just set a high goal and want to achieve it.
    Like I said Ill see how it goes this weekend and go from there :)

It says you joined in June....tomorrow is September....

I would say you're not a math person are you?
  • Thorn51
    Thorn51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You know, I may have to go against the flow here, and say GO FOR IT! It seems to me that you've figured it out pretty well, and as you will be eating back a lot of those calories, you won't be starving your body. So, best of luck to ya! Make sure to drink water, and try adding various calisthenics over the course of the day to bump up that last little bit.
    Now, that being said, it goes against my goals right now, but I wholeheartedly support you in it. :)

I agree...I say GO FOR IT!

Good Luck!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

PRECISELY what I was thinking.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Someone do me a favor and find out this guy's actual name... I wanna troll the obits on Tuesday to make sure he lived through it :sick:
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options

That's what I thought this would be about...

:blushing:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

AMEN! teehee

Anyway, to the OP... I'm thinking burpees, jumping jacks, box jumps over and over and over and over. :laugh: