I think my stand in trainer didn't beleive me...

2»

Replies

• deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    clapping.gif

+1 on this!

you go girl - handle those squats and show 'em who's BOSS!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    That's awesome and thanks to those that saved me from having to look up the conversion:) . Silly rest of the whole world :glasses:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Wow. Way to go.

That's more than I can squat.

*sigh*

Going to wallow in self-pity for a while tonight, then get back at it tomorrow.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    ....when I said that my PB for squats was 85kg.

....and then I went BAM!

7903505158_0aaaf516d4.jpg

And that did the job nicely.

How much do you weigh, how long have you been strength training?

I weigh 99kg.

I had knee surgery at the end of Feb, and have been doing strength training after my recovery from then, starting pretty much from scratch.

I have bad knees. We have been working up to squats for the past 5 months. I have been squat pressing 30 lbs (not impressive) but those are not but to the floor squats. I just started those and can barely do 10 and my knees crunch all the way down :( I hope j can do this some day!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    GO GIRL!!
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    I only know a few of the weights that I do, most of the machines I am clueless on, but found out those numbers are useless so because machines vary in terms of difficulty even at the same weight . I just started this week with bench presses.. whopping 65 lbs... and tricep extensions of 30. I dont remember/know the rest. Do you think with knee issues (not having them replaced). I can still do this?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    ....when I said that my PB for squats was 85kg.

....and then I went BAM!

7903505158_0aaaf516d4.jpg

And that did the job nicely.

How much do you weigh, how long have you been strength training?

I weigh 99kg.

I had knee surgery at the end of Feb, and have been doing strength training after my recovery from then, starting pretty much from scratch.

I have bad knees. We have been working up to squats for the past 5 months. I have been squat pressing 30 lbs (not impressive) but those are not but to the floor squats. I just started those and can barely do 10 and my knees crunch all the way down :( I hope j can do this some day!

I squat to just past parallel. That's what my physio agreed to. If you have bad knees see a physio and get suggestions of things you can do, then test them.... If you are sore the next day (in you knee, not muscle wise) then rethink that activity.

I'm not allowed to do leg extensions or lunges. As long as my form is good, my knees don't hurt with squats.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Jeez that's only barely less than what I did last workout. Then again, I've increased my weight every time and I've yet to come close to stalling, so who knows what I could really do.

Oh, and I'm really old.

I think you just insulted me!!

Next step: body weight - yay you!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Jeez that's only barely less than what I did last workout. Then again, I've increased my weight every time and I've yet to come close to stalling, so who knows what I could really do.

Oh, and I'm really old.

I think you just insulted me!!

Next step: body weight - yay you!

Oh no, it was a comparasion thing with the young whipper snapper who said my PB was "barely less" than what he does. Promise!!
  • That is awesome! OP, I will be thinking of you on leg day! :drinker: