The NSV I am most looking forward to is...

Options
being able to wear shorts in the sweltering summer heat without my thighs rubbing together!

I'm currently helping out at my university's orientation week. Most of the activities are outside and we are all very active - gets us super hot and sweaty, which is no fun if you've got massive thighs like me! I have a rash now (very sexy, right?) and I will not be wearing shorts tomorrow as a result! I'm not looking for a thigh gap or anything, just less bulk there so I can be more comfortable when I'm active.

What about you guys? What are the non-scale victories that you're most looking forward to?

Replies

• SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A NSV I looked forward to and achieved was walking without my forearms hitting my sides. Weird, huh?
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am finally getting my thighs to let go of some of their dependency on each other. I know all too well that rash. I walk 3 miles (brisk pace) at least 5 times a week and I'm finally seeing a parting of the ways of the thighs. YAY!! It will happen just hang in there!!!
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    Wearing "normal" sized clothes. I've been overweight since before first grade. I've never been able to go into a regular store and buy clothing. It's always the plus stores. I'm just really curious to see what "normal" feels like (normal meaning not overweight).
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to paint my toenails without grunting, My gut gets in the way (but at least i can paint my toenails now! I couldnt do that when i was 25 pounds heavier).
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That is slightly funny you talk about that as a NSV. That was my latest blog post. lol

http://freew67.blogspot.com/2012/08/small-victory-kentucky-speedway-2012.html
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being more wild and flexible in the bed like I was before I got married. Plus I want people to see me and ask me if I lost weight lol
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I look forward to cutting my toenails without having to do yoga...and to tie shoes without huffing and puffing
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Running 5k consistently.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I wouldn't say this is the one I am looking forward to the most, but for right now, it is what I want to accomplish.. to be able to jog 3 miles straight :) and if I can do it in 25 minutes, I'll take that too lol
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Going sleeveless.... without having the "waddle" that hangs off my arms...ugh!
  • rudimae
    Options
    I look forward to cutting my toenails without having to do yoga...and to tie shoes without huffing and puffing

A guy I met referred to himself as a "two-breather". When asked what he meant, he explained that he has to take two breaths to tie his shoes, one for each foot, instead of being able to lean over and tie both at the same time!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Feeling comfortable in a dress! I always have to wear spanx so that my thighs don't rub and I'm super self conscious about my stomach. I really want to be one of those women who wears a dress as a regular part of her wardrobe and looks and feels great doing it.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this is a little TMI for some of you. But I will be happy when I can actually shave my area again. I gained a lot of weight, had a 9lb 13.5oz girl and a 11lb 3oz boy. With him, I had twice as much amnio fluid so I was HUGE. I also had to have them delivered via c-section so I have this big floppy belly. It's hard to reach far, lift up the belly and shave when I can't see much anymore... He gets mad because I don't anymore. But he just doesn't understand.../TMI
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fitting into an XL shirt and hitting about 14%body fat
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i cant wait till i can walk long time and go upstairs without being so exausted with my body killing me :blushing:
  • rudimae
    Options
    I apologize if this is a little TMI for some of you. But I will be happy when I can actually shave my area again. I gained a lot of weight, had a 9lb 13.5oz girl and a 11lb 3oz boy. With him, I had twice as much amnio fluid so I was HUGE. I also had to have them delivered via c-section so I have this big floppy belly. It's hard to reach far, lift up the belly and shave when I can't see much anymore... He gets mad because I don't anymore. But he just doesn't understand.../TMI

Tell him he could always shave it for you! :)
  • bynonmurrayc
    bynonmurrayc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    to see my collar bones again. they've somewhat disappeared on me...

oh and also to wear all my crop tops that are stowed at the back of my closet...
  • pinkminy
    Options
    I want to wear sleeveless tops, i am self conscious of my upper arms at the moment :( Sigh !!!
    and I really am looking forward to wearing my tops tucked into my pants /skirts
    Not having to wear tops that are floaty to cover my up my belly fat that will awesome.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'd like to wear a strapless bra without it being uncomfortable (or me feeling self conscious of my giant boobs dropping out, or my back fat rolling over the top). i'd like to confortably wear the clothes that you only can in a strapless bra. and i'd like to really know that i look HAWT (not in a 'self esteem comes from inside' blah blah blah kind of way. but i just want to know that i've got it going on.).
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There's so much I'm looking forward too, I guess mostly I'm waiting for the first moment that I can smile because I've made my own small victory that no one else could understand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!