Food diaries .. are you surprised sometimes?

Options
Eupho
Eupho Posts: 201 Member
I AM!! :noway: :noway:

I really am shocked sometimes when you see someone saying how they are struggling to lose weight, so you glance at their diary.. and bloody hell!! (I'm Eeengleessh ;) .. NO WONDER!

I didn't eat half that junk while I was GETTING fat! .. .. How you can expect to be losing ANY weight.. or doing any good .. for your body with a diary like that amazes me tbh.

Breakfast - Junk
Morning snack - Junk
Lunch - Junk.
Afternoon snack - Junk
Dinner - None because ate so much junk this morning.
Evening snack -Junk..

:huh: :noway:

But how can you POSSIBLY expect to lose weight, when you seem to be making almost ZERO effort with what is regularly going into your mouth?

I have PMS ..
does it show? .. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LadyAmy20
    Options
    This is me all over, especially today T_T
  • LadyAmy20
    Options
    Except I will be having dinner. I hate skipping dinner!
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is very hard for some people to transition to eating healthy from eating so bad. In the beginning I think it is kind of smart to keep eating what you were...just less of it. It will help with the life change part not just a diet. I think, person should start introducing healthy food and eventually it will turn into everything you eat is healthy. That is just my opinion. It took me a long time to think healthy food was tasty. Maybe just try to give them some suggestions of what you did to make the transition. :) It is hard...if it were easy everyone would be healthy :) Sorry you are PMSing...it really sucks. Hope you feel better! :)
  • Eupho
    Options
    Except I will be having dinner. I hate skipping dinner!

:laugh: :laugh:

Hello Amy! :wink: :heart:

I am a fine one to talk.. I ate Rolos and have my eye on a nice Merlot soon! :drinker:
  • Eupho
    Options
    Sorry you are PMSing...it really sucks. Hope you feel better! :)

I ate chocolate junk :laugh:

I am feeling better already.. :wink:

But yes, I agree with you, good idea.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ha ha!

I love looking at people's diaries, partly because I like the inspiration, but mainly because I am bloody nosey!!

I think the only one that I've really looked at and shaken my head at was a lady who appeared to be eating either Mc Donalds for or fried chicken for every meal and was justifying it because she'd worked off 1500 calories doing 60 mins cycling! In what world?!!

And yup, you can definitely tell!!!!

:tongue:
  • Eupho
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Hello Peeee! :drinker:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't look much at other peoples food logs and when I do the first thing I look at is total intake. I'll occasionally look at food selection if I'm asked to do so, or if something doesn't seem to add up in the totals.
  • LadyAmy20
    Options
    Choccy is essential for pms. It's basically medicine... and your glass of wine is usually far outweighed by your fab looking diary Claire! Not to mention the exercise...
    edit: I also like seeing other people's diaries, especially the ones with American products that sound nothing like what they are (miracle whip..? Errrr what)
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I get pissed when I see someone has like coffee for breakfast, some restaurant food like Chilis tortilla chips (2 whole baskets); cheesy bacony chicken something with fries and a lava cake and then have nothing for dinner because they don't have any calories left. Whyyyy??
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is very hard for some people to transition to eating healthy from eating so bad. In the beginning I think it is kind of smart to keep eating what you were...just less of it. It will help with the life change part not just a diet. I think, person should start introducing healthy food and eventually it will turn into everything you eat is healthy. That is just my opinion. It took me a long time to think healthy food was tasty. Maybe just try to give them some suggestions of what you did to make the transition. :) It is hard...if it were easy everyone would be healthy :) Sorry you are PMSing...it really sucks. Hope you feel better! :)

Great Comments!!
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In defense... I have been logging what I eat for 60 days now.. Well starting off, I wasn't doing so well....Eating alot of junk/snacks..But since I made my diary public, I received some good advice. I think it's definetely a work in progress...
  • TinyLittleOne
    Options
    You can get skinny while eating junk if you're still eating at a deficit, you're just not going to be properly nourished or outstandingly healthy. Those people probably have a different issue like over estimating exercise calories or underestimating the amount of calories in the junk.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't look at other people's logs unless I am asked to. It is none of my business.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I get pissed when I see someone has like coffee for breakfast, some restaurant food like Chilis tortilla chips (2 whole baskets); cheesy bacony chicken something with fries and a lava cake and then have nothing for dinner because they don't have any calories left. Whyyyy??

mmmm cheesy bacon chicken with fries with cheese and bacon.....
  • Eupho
    Options
    Choccy is essential for pms. It's basically medicine... and your glass of wine is usually far outweighed by your fab looking diary Claire! Not to mention the exercise...

edit: I also like seeing other people's diaries, especially the ones with American products that sound nothing like what they are (miracle whip..? Errrr what)

THANKFULLY! :wink:
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I've had a friend look at my diary and say "wow, you snack a lot" and I thought, duh! That's because most days I eat 4 smaller meals and I just call the 4th meal a snack. I sometimes want to say after reading diaries "why are you eating all those carbs?" but I don't. I am polite and keep my big mouth shut because there are days that I know I blow my carbs and I did NO exercise to even try to balance it out, lol!

We all have good and bad days, right? If I always ate junk I don't think I would have any friends on MFP and I wouldn't be here either.

I will say, Claire, that even though it's 8:45am here in Washington, USA...I am thinking of buying that bottle of moscato and rearranging my food diary for the day so I can have some with dinner!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Yes I have one friend who is always whining about not losing weight but then I looked at her diary and she eats a ton of calories and dessert everyday but rationales it because she works out at ton. Clearly if your formula isn't working, time to cut back.

I don't whine when I don't lose weight because *I know* exactly what meals caused me to not lose weight.

I think the friends of mine with hidden diaries are the ones really binging on fast food and other crap because everyone with an open diary at least attempts to eat well most of the time.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    And this is why my diary is private. I don't eat a bunch of junk, but I don't like the idea of people looking at my food choices and judging me. I try not to do it to others, either. Technically, you can eat what you like as long as you're within your calorie limit for the day, so getting on my high horse and looking down on other people for what they eat is not going to help them lose more weight.
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Never seen that. Would surprise me, though. :D