• starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    'Rain on my Parade' springs to mind.
    Little miss jealous I think.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Tell the b*itch to mind her own business and that Jesus frowns upon passive-aggressive judging.

Keep up the good work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was just giving general advice and didn't mean anything bad at all.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    post up this picture on facebook.

IMG950889.jpg
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You could simply not get offended at her caring but tell her thanks for her concern but you are doing everything in a healthy manner and plan on this being a lifestyle forever.

I agree with this. You don't know what motivated her comment, and there are people who get obsessed with losing weight and it can become a disorder, and she may have experience of people she loves going through this.

Sure, her comment was a bit inappropriate and intrusive, but not everyone knows how to express their concerns in appropriate ways. Especially church people, in my experience. If I were to get offended each time someone gave me inappropriate advice, I'd be wasting a lot of emotion and energy in negativity. It's your choice whether or not to allow yourself to be offended, regardless of her intentions.

If she meant it in a kind manner, the reply suggested above will put her concerns to rest. And if she meant it in a snarky manner, the reply suggested above will show her that her hostility hasn't touched you in the slightest. Whereas if you reply snarkily she'll have the satisfaction of knowing that her comment ruffled your feathers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    People still use facebook?
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me that you are on the right track.Don't let other peoples comments sway you. Keep up the great job !
  • hockra
    hockra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would ignore it. Based on what you said about your approach to fitness and losing weight, sounds like you are doing well in that area, and you can be appropriately proud of it! Don't let this comment steal your joy or happiness in your progress! I am a firm believer that God Himself is able to tell us when we are going the wrong way, and it's between Him and us {and yes, I do believe, our close family and friends who really love us, can point out how we can improve, and when done in the right way, it is not meant to hurt us}.

It's probably inappropriate for someone (even a past friend) who hasn't talked to you in awhile to say something like this...could be considered controlling. It would be different if you had asked for help/advice from this person, but doesn't sound like you did.
  • hockra
    hockra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DITTO!
    If being healthy is an addiction - SIGN ME UP!!!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... Just woke up and got her response... (I work nights)... Apparently she was responding to a post I made a while ago...

You stated that you were addicted to working out and adrenaline, and that you wanted to get healthy. By definition, an addiction is not a healthy behavior. I know people who are addicted to athletics and they suffer from all kinds of social, physical and emotional issues because of it.

Medical Dictionary
    addiction ad·dic·tion (ə-dĭk'shən) n.
    Habitual psychological and physiological dependence on a substance or practice beyond one's voluntary control.

I said "it was an expression, one meant to say I can feel when I don't exercise... Im not in any danger of becoming addicted to it... I appreciate your concern"

The plan is to ignore future posts...

I don't know why I let my self esteem get so shattered that every little thing gets taken as a personal attack... I guess I have to work on getting my mind as in shape as my body
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    She's just jelly.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Aw, bless her - she just took what you said literally, and didn't realise it was an expression. Maybe she is on the autism spectrum - that is a very common autistic trait. I take things literally a lot, so I can empathise!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing in life is when people who you haven't seen or spoken to in ages but are friends with on face book assume they know your entire life.

It's nice that face book allows you to block what people see on your profile!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You gotta love the nosy, I mean caring, church people! Hopefully she didn't go to the prayer line to ask the community to pray for you and your new addiction!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    First of all: congratulations on your awesome accomplishments. It sounds like you are doing everything just right.

Second of all: I think her 'advice' is more about her and less about you. It sounds like the sort of general caution that comes from someone who has experienced trading addictions, or knows someone close who has. Or maybe she read an article in 'Readers Digest' recently.
  • dorthymantooth
    dorthymantooth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen to me before.
  • ScorpionReaver
    Options
    People still use facebook?

bwahahahaha Frakking EXACTLY :p
  • icandothis_dani
    Options
    She sounds passive-aggressive. Maybe she doesn't like you losing weight.

thats what i thought
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'd probs tell her to trade her addiction to put down people with an addiction for reading the bible >.>
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'd probs tell her to trade her addiction to put down people with an addiction for reading the bible >.>

I'd tell her to read the date of the original post.