How often do you work out?

Options
2»

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 to 6 days a week, on average 45 minutes at a time.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i go the gym 6 days/week, i do weight training for 30-45 minutes, abd's for 15 mins. i then do cardio 30-60 mins (i try to do different cardio classes, spin, kickboxing, step, running inclines). i also run at night 6 nights/week for 30 mins in training for an 8k on saturday.
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    I work out 20-40 minutes a day. Any more than that and I just don't feel good. I guess I'm a whimp:blushing:

If you are a whimp then so am I. I do exactly what you do but I give myself one "I just don't feel like it" day per week.

We should start a wimp support group!! I'm the same....at least 20 mins a day.....and I usually play with my kids outside in the afternoon.....:wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've been doing two a days lately........which the body is paying me back for. :grumble: I can't help it.......I wanna run (Couch25k program) and then my sister and BF and I do Insanity in the evening. :sick:

I feel like now that I'm 30 my body is bouncing back as quickly as it used to and it's driving me insane. :angry:

How often and how long are you working out lately??

I train mon-saturday..weights mon-tues-thur-fri-sat in the am. Most days my workouts last 50m-1h 10m..My longest day usually takes about 1h 30m. On wed I do am HIIT sprints. And monday in the pm I do HIIT sprints.

If you have increased the amount of training you are doing it can wear you out for a while but your body can adapt to the extra workload after a few weeks roughly. Have you made any adjustments to your nutrition since you are training more??

I'm eating most of my exercise calories back and drinking syntha 6 once a day. I might check out some lysine to see if that helps with recovery.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, alternating between strength training and pilates/yoga. I also mix in boxing and weightlifting just to mix it up a bit.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week, about 10 hours a week total. I do it all , Run a 5 or 6 mile run on Sundays, Spin class, step class, HIIT on the treadmill, and weight training 4x per week.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow. My body could not take that much working out in a week. I work out for 30-45 minutes five to six times a week.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm eating most of my exercise calories back and drinking syntha 6 once a day. I might check out some lysine to see if that helps with recovery.

Do you consume exercise calories for both training sessions you are doing a day??
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Do you consume exercise calories for both training sessions you are doing a day??

When I do both workouts my exercise calories aren't usually over 600 so I try to eat almost all of them back.
  • rcbulmer219
    Options
    I pretty much work out 1.5 hours per day. 1 hour of lifting and 30 min of cardio unless it's a cardio only day and then I go for 45 minutes of cardio. I enjoy eating and although I eat healthy foods, I want to enjoy them to the max so I make sure I burn no less than 750 calories per day in the gym. On the weekends, I try to aim for 1000 so I can enjoy myself a little more. I lift 5 days a week and do some sort of cardio seven. Sunday past, my wife and I went snow shoeing and burned a whooping 1500 calories in 2 hours! It was fun, different and outdoors! We came home and enjoyed a great lean burger, sweet potatoe fries and a bottle of Merlot.
    Doing 2fers is fine but just remember, your body needs it's rest too! I plan to cut it down to 5 days per week after we get back from Florida mid February, but who knows! :-)
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i work out 30 minutes a day 5 times a week im lucky if i get more time then that i have a 5mth old and a 2yr old so 5 times a week is my goal and i work full time. but i watch what i eat i limit my intake on bread no white just wheat and alot of vegetables. maybe once they get older ill work out more but right now thats all i can handle/
  • kgrutch
    Options
    omg, i workout a lot and run a lot, i took a pilates class on tuesday (first one ever) and it kicked my butt. wow, my legs are so sore that i could barely run last night. i will be doing one class weekly becuase it is obviously working some muscles that i wasnt.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    P90X Doubles so 1-2 hours 6 days a week, looking to add a running routine once (if ever) Spring arrives! I eat 1900-2400 calories per day depending on my exercise calories.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 - 6 days a week for no less than 30 minutes... Yesterday, I actually tallied up to almost 3 hours ... I did 40 min. that morning and 1 hour and 45 min that night at the gym... BUT that is a ONE DAY A WEEK sort of thing :laugh:
  • kgrutch
    Options
    i work out 90-150 minutes daily. this is a combo of 60-90 minutes hard cardio and 30-60 minutes weight training. i keep my calories at 1600 calories and eat "clean"but on occasional weekend days i go above my 1600 calories. like today i am just eating what i want (not to an extreme), when i allow myself to do that i dont feel deprived or get in a rut of eating the same things every day. i had my regular oatmeal for breakfast and cottage cheese/triscuits post gym but for lunch i had pizza (spinach/mushroom) and soup. i am now having a glass of wine (maybe a few more i hope). we are going out for dinner, i will have something that i like but no appetizers or desserts. i am in the maintenance phase of my weight loss and this is working really well for me. i have been at my goal weight for over 3 months. i try to eat 90% clean and give myself the 10% leeway.