Ladies, how do you feel about...

Options
1235»

Replies

• shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love them! Particularly unpickled with either goats cheese or blue cheese in a salad!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 41. Beets are amazing...I crave them, and eat them all kinds of ways. I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume it's pretty evenly split, but very strong on 'love' or 'hate' and not many in between "beets, meh..." types?
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My mom is almost 50 and she loves beets. I however, HATE them. My daughter loves them though, she's 2, doesn't help much. My mom makes her own pickled beets.
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really like beets. Beet pickles are my favourite kinds of pickles. I like them roasted with a dash of tex-mex seasoning. I like them boiled. I also make a mean borscht! Only thing I don't like about them is that they really stain.
  • Mamawbooboo
    Options
    J do not like them at all but my son loves them :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I've had some pickled on some kind of middle eastern wrap that were okay, and I love borscht (both tried in restaurants), but I don't like beets at all just on their own. I wish I did. I haven't experimented with recipes to see if there's a way to cook them to be more palatable myself.
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love them. Grow a huge patch so I can have them all winter.

Great salad of boiled or roasted beets, goat cheese, and bacon. Yum
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love beets. In any form. And beet greens! Mmmmm...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    They are good...I've been eating them since I was a kid.
  • lainiegee
    lainiegee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hiya, just seen this..... i love them. I tend to juice them with maybe carrots, celery, cucumber etc. Very good for your blood i am told.:smile:
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I always hated beets as a kid (we call it 'beetroot' in the UK) and so never ate them as an adult until a family get-together when my aunt had made a plate of salad with beets on it. It looked really pretty, so I tried it. And I liked it - I found the beets really refreshing. I eat them and like them now.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I can't stand them!

Ok, I just realised I'm outside your age group (I'm 21) Never mind.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am on a beet(root) phase at the moment and go through about 2 jars a week. I love them!!

My lunch staple is pitta bread stuffed with spinach leaves, sweet chilli philly and beet(root). I also add them often to my dinner plate even if they don't match the meal!!

Love the colour it makes potato salad go when mixed (bright pink!) and on a sandwich with egg mayonnaise.

I'm really looking forward to my lunch now!
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i love them pickled! I could eat a jar in one sitting if let loose :laugh: I bought some beet it juice.... i know it epically good for you, but it's pushing even my love ....:sick:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im in the wrong age range but I really like them... I have recently started drinking them as a juice
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love pickled beetroot so much that when I'm finished the slices in the jar I drink the vinegar as well cos I love the beet-y flavour.
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    Options
    I love them....my dad grows them in his garden and I eat them alot when they are in season.....when not in season about twice a week (pickled)
  • annabell48
    Options
    I'm a 52 year old woman. Use to hate beets as a kid, sad to say being a country girl. Now I can eat them occasionally (once a year, if that often) in a Greek Salad.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hated them till i was 22. One day I ate pickled beets by mistake (thought it was diced red cabbage ) and since then it's my favorite salad :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Not my favourite veg, but I do like them. We grow them so there are always plenty in the summer! I make beetroot salsa with red onions and parsley, it goes really well with burgers. I also make beetroot chocolate brownies.

Actually, given the fact that I can turn veg into burger toppings and brownies it isn't surprising that I need MFP, is it?:laugh: