What does your screen name stand for?

Options

Replies

• babsybaby
    Options
    Great Question Julie:
    BabsyBaby comes from my husbands family. Everyone has a little nickname, His Mom is Delores and her nickname is Deedles, His Dad is Geezer, Sister Julie is Jewles, John is Johnnyhoney my husband Scott is Scottathon??? another sister is Diane / Di and for some reason her nickname is Fly? My name is Barbara So the y saddled me with BabsyBaby. I find my self using it when I want to go incognito!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    julieofthewolves

I said in a post that one of my dreams is fit on any and all roller coasters so I could ride with my kids without the embarrassment of the lap belt not fitting. So cmriverside suggested Cedar park as a destination. I am able to fit now but I have not reached my finish line just yet. I'm 38 down with 42 to go.
  • Furpaws
    Options
    Furpaws

I have two cats (as you see in the avatar) and one of them is usually hanging around me when I'm on the computer. It also reminds me to keep my comments "soft and fluffy".
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When I set up my first email address I was 18, and I didn't want to just use my name (at the time, my maiden name Lori Black). But I couldn't think of anything creative, so loreeb it was. I just use that as my screen name for everything now.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    lol..... the hubby calls me hunnybunny.... :heart:
    So I have always taken the bunny out of it for screne names and numbers! And its BunnyB cause my last name starts with a B! Ya my cell phone spells buny.. geek!! ;)
  • buiebunch
    Options
    My last name and Bunch because I use to watch a bunch of kids. (I had a home day care for 17 years.) But I think the name is cute so I still use it.
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I am really late but my first name is Courtney and I used to have a cat that followed me home when I was in the third grade, at least that is what I told my parents-I also lived 5 miles out of town! So in honor of her whose name was CAT I wanted courtneycat but that was taken so I added the extra T then something happened and I had change my screen name for email and I added the B for my last name, so I use this screen name becuase it is also my email address, a little easier for me to remember!:noway:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late joining in on this post but here it goes.
    I used to be a mechanic/service writer/shop manager for about 5 years. I then got married and had a son. I stay at home now (less stress!) but I still work on my own cars (camaro, mustang) and occasionally for friends or family, so there ya go!

LOL Julie, I had it in my head that your name is Julie and you live in Minnesota (Timberwolves). :laugh:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wondered about you Mechanicmom! Well, just your name.

I have only been to one Timberwolves game in my life and now that Kevin Garnett is gone I probably won't go again....

Because here in "The State of Hockey" it's all about the Minnesota Wild and my local college team hockey programs. I love hockey - so you just gave me an idea for another screen name:wink: !
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a little late to the post but...

Sturge is the beginning of my maiden name, Sturgeon. It was also my dad's nickname when he was growing up and a kid of one of his friends who knew me in high school started calling me that. 161 came about when I signed up for one of my first email addresses when I was 16 but I didn't want to use that so people wouldn't know my age so I added the 1 after the 16.

I like this thread.
  • g06m1281
    Options
    Mine is my student number. It's much easier to remember. Although I am considering changing it to something more human-sounding!
  • littlespoon
    Options
    Mine is my partners nickname for me. He calls me little spoon because we sleep in spoons, and i'm the little one.
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    How cute little spoon!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I picked my screen name when I first became a Christian about 10 years ago. It was to help me remember that I am a new creation, and not get bogged down in all of the poor decisions I was making my senior year of high school. The 14 is something I have used as my "code" forever. It says "hi" upside down on a pager! Haha! :tongue: cheesy I know but it has stuck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    I picked my screen name when I first became a Christian about 10 years ago. It was to help me remember that I am a new creation, and not get bogged down in all of the poor decisions I was making my senior year of high school. The 14 is something I have used as my "code" forever. It says "hi" upside down on a pager! Haha! :tongue: cheesy I know but it has stuck!

I :heart: your screen name. Thanks for sharing! Good luck on your healthier you!
  • serenity1272
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Serenity is what I strive for everyday (sometimes every minute) and 1272 was the last 4 of my phone number when I was a little kid in Enumclaw Washington. Sentimental and serene....ahhh one can always hope:glasses: :ohwell:
  • serenity1272
    Options
    By the way my brother in law is a hockey coach for a national high school traveling team outside of Flint, and I was born in Edina MN so this is truly a small world.....GO VIKINGS!!!!!:drinker:
  • sherielf
    Options
    The Sheri is for my first name and the "elf" is for who I have always thought I was! I am an accountant so this helps me remember who I am and surprises many people who don't know me outside of work.

I played D&D in the ole days with dice and am a Lord of the Rings fan. I have always chosen an elven or half-elven character if I play anything like D&D. I don't play at all anymore but love anything with magic and elves. I have used this name for over 10 years.

Enjoy your day!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options

I :heart: your screen name. Thanks for sharing! Good luck on your healthier you!

Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    I have to refloat this question because I haven't been on for about 8 weeks and there sure have been some interesting names that have signed up!

So please add on and share your name origin if you want too!