wedding's in 2013 :)

Replies

• junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    he is getting fed up of all the talk as well. lol he doesnt see all the fuss to the colours table decorations, what photos have to be done, cars. cakes. gifts. speeches. he just says as long as they both turn up and his mum and dad are there then its just a piss up really. lol his women emma goes mad at him when he says that. but his twin got married in jan just past and it was the big deal he planned it more than his now wife.
  • NiennaMariee
    NiennaMariee Posts: 48 Member
    ohh thanks, to be honest mine looks so much better in the flesh than in the photo, dont actually look the same dress lol. im going to have it alterd so its more fitted and kind of like a fishtail at the bottom, abit poofyer maybe lol.

I no i get so excited talking about it, think thats why people are getting fed up of me so at least i can talk about it on here lol xxx

The detailing on the bodice is lovely. I really, really want to show you mine, but I'm not going to haha.

Is it that colour that you've bought too..?
  • 19th of January, now to shift the lb's! I joined here just over a year ago and logged for about a month. I'm back now just over two weeks and determined to get rid of it.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    My wedding is June 29th. Congrats to all the other brides to be!

I met with a wedding planner yesterday and I am so excited to have the help. How many of you have purchased your dresses already?

I have booked the ceremony site, the reception venue, picked the tuxes and bridesmaids dresses, hired our photogs, and purchased the most beautiful dress for myself. So excited!

ive purchased my dress, its in my photos in my profile, i love it but looks so much better on than it does in the pics. ohh a wedding planner, ay. how posh lol. jokeing. wish i could have had one of those but have planned it all myself, actually has been very stress free :)

i have booked the church, reception, limo, wedding car, photographer, cake maker, dj and room decorator and mil is doing the favours. ohh have also booked the hairdresser lol. im right on track :) xx

I wanted help for the day of, but meeting with her, she is going to help me with all the craft projects I want to do and I felt it would be easier on me in the long run as I am a stay at home mom of a four year old boy... he keeps me busy!

It is also my second marriage, and I remember how planning the first one went, so I want to avoid that LOL

Here is a picture of my dress... I am so in love!

Dresses070.jpg
  • NiennaMariee
    I wanted help for the day of, but meeting with her, she is going to help me with all the craft projects I want to do and I felt it would be easier on me in the long run as I am a stay at home mom of a four year old boy... he keeps me busy!

It is also my second marriage, and I remember how planning the first one went, so I want to avoid that LOL

Dresses070.jpg

You look lovely!!! Your dress is gorgeous.

I managed to find a picture that I think my dress looks nice on. The model pictures are hideous, it looks so much better on a real bride. Here it is..

5555832655m.jpg
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    That is a beautiful dress!
  • ohh thanks, to be honest mine looks so much better in the flesh than in the photo, dont actually look the same dress lol. im going to have it alterd so its more fitted and kind of like a fishtail at the bottom, abit poofyer maybe lol.

I no i get so excited talking about it, think thats why people are getting fed up of me so at least i can talk about it on here lol xxx

The detailing on the bodice is lovely. I really, really want to show you mine, but I'm not going to haha.

Is it that colour that you've bought too..?

thank you :) yep thats thwe colour its called ivory gin :)

xx
  • My wedding is June 29th. Congrats to all the other brides to be!

I met with a wedding planner yesterday and I am so excited to have the help. How many of you have purchased your dresses already?

I have booked the ceremony site, the reception venue, picked the tuxes and bridesmaids dresses, hired our photogs, and purchased the most beautiful dress for myself. So excited!

ive purchased my dress, its in my photos in my profile, i love it but looks so much better on than it does in the pics. ohh a wedding planner, ay. how posh lol. jokeing. wish i could have had one of those but have planned it all myself, actually has been very stress free :)

i have booked the church, reception, limo, wedding car, photographer, cake maker, dj and room decorator and mil is doing the favours. ohh have also booked the hairdresser lol. im right on track :) xx

Dresses070.jpg

hello again. ahh i see yeah that sounds good, i am totally rubbish at crafts but i did manage to make my own invites, with a little help from my mum lol.

wow your dress is stunning. very nice :) xxx
  • I wanted help for the day of, but meeting with her, she is going to help me with all the craft projects I want to do and I felt it would be easier on me in the long run as I am a stay at home mom of a four year old boy... he keeps me busy!

Dresses070.jpg

You look lovely!!! Your dress is gorgeous.

I managed to find a picture that I think my dress looks nice on. The model pictures are hideous, it looks so much better on a real bride. Here it is..

5555832655m.jpg

yay we get to see it :) its lovely i think they always look better on the person than on the model people or in a photo :) xxx
  • just made an appointment to do some cake testing and designing next friday the 14th, eeekkkk :) xxx
  • NiennaMariee
    Aw that's so exciting :) I'm just getting what comes with the cake.

Let me know what you pick :D
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    im getting my flowers off of ebay, there fake but so pretty. my friend had them at her wedding when i was bridesmaid and ive kept them and they still look as good as they did on the day :) ive got a large bouquet then ive got 6 smaller ones for the bridesmaids all coming in at 120 pounds :)

Its defo worth a look. ive got all my table decorations and the table covers from ebay. I have also found someone in bridgwater that will decorate the hall, head table and out white chair covers on 100 chairs with sashes all for 400. Ive done alot of looking around and research lol. xxx

I've looked on the flowers on ebay because I was thinking fake too, to keep the price down. I was just thinking I might buy everything to make them and have a go at making my own, that way I get what I want. But it's a risk because they might be rubbish. Your flowers sound like a right bargain.. I've got 4 bridesmaids and what I've looked at, they're coming in at about the same price!

Oh, I love wedding talk!!! I've been married for ten years, but I just want to say that I had silk flowers at my wedding, including my bridal bouquet (which my mom arranged) and I am so happy I did. I have used some of the arrangements in our homes over the years, was able to pass along some to sister/friends for their weddings, and my bouquet is the most cherished of all because I now have daughters, one of which is four and loves to play wedding. Every time she asks to see my bouquet or play with it, she also wants me to tell her about my wedding day. It is so special to have an actual part of my wedding to share with my daughters, to let them enjoy as they pretend to be brides, and to remember when maybe someday they really are!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    My date is 14thh June and can not wait! Mostly sorted venue booked, dress sorted, flowers done, photographer sorted, disco booked, invitations mostly made and bridesmaids dresses ordered, cupcakes ordered and hopefully booking honeymoon this weekend, now running out of things to do except sort myself out!
    12lbs to go and a whole lot of toning to go with it!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    a question to all you brides to be..

I'm thinking of packing in the 'day job' and making my hobby my full time career - taking photos of people, with a big part of it being weddings. I've done a couple and loved it, it's amazing to be a part of someones big day.

but its tough to get started, so how did you choose *your* photographer?
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    I get married on friday 3rd may !! Very excited !! X
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    My photographer is a friend of mine however his success is mainly down to word of mouth, plus he has links to all of the wedding fayres and some of the venues. I think the jey to starting out will be to build a solid reutation and the rest will grow from there. Good luck.
  • Hi there, I've just spotted this thread, I dont have a wedding in 2013 but I do have one in 2012 so I wondered if that qualified me to join in?! I'm getting married December 28th, less than 4 months to go and getting very anxious!! x
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Another 2013 bride here. We're getting married at Polhawn Fort in Cornwall, UK on October the 12th. I have done nothing apart from book the venue and choose the caterers! I'm hoping to do most of the planning in the winter/spring. But I do spend far too much time looking at dresses that I'd like to try if/when I lose this weight!
  • I am not getting married in 2013, i am getting married October 2012. Yep in approx 6 weeks i will be walking down the aisle and i still want to lose around a stone in weight :(

Good luck to all those still in the planning process - i will say buy all the little things as soon as you can as it was these that ended up costing us more money than we thought! xx
  • NiennaMariee
    a question to all you brides to be..

I'm thinking of packing in the 'day job' and making my hobby my full time career - taking photos of people, with a big part of it being weddings. I've done a couple and loved it, it's amazing to be a part of someones big day.

but its tough to get started, so how did you choose *your* photographer?

My photographer is a young photographer and just starting out in the wedding business, he had an advert on gumtree for a full days photography for £300 if booked within a month. I've spoke to him, met him, looked at his stuff and he's very talented. So I got a bargain, for an amazing photographer :)

His prices have now gone to £500 for half a day and £800 for the full day, and I believe he's still getting plenty of bookings :)