I Don't Count Pickles

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I don't count celery or apples because they are negative calorie foods.

I thought there was no such thing as negative calorie foods?

Yes there is. I saw it on Dr. Oz. And he's a Dr. So he knows what he's talking about.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member

Yes there is. I saw it on Dr. Oz. And he's a Dr. So he knows what he's talking about.

Don't believe everything he says, money is his first concern and I have caught him on a few contradiction. He gets paid $$$$$$$for his endorsements and he is not keeping good track of what he endorses versus what he preaches. There are no such a thing as negative calories.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    I generally don't count spices.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    The only things I haven't added are gum and mints. I add everythining. Including spices that have any type of calories, evoo spray.
  • I count spices unless it's just a shake or two and can't really be measured.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

That's awesome!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    I count everything. Even mints. I know 5 kcals isn't a huge thing, but it's a pricinple for me. I know a lot of people who don't track how much sodium they actually take in, like when adding salt to foods. Then they don't know why they can't shed weight or are always bloated LOL. Spices are good to count, if you use more than 1 tsp, because of the potential micros.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I don't count BACON :tongue: That would be a sin!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I'm sort of amazed that anyone would consider counting spices at all. They just can't be a significant source of anything.

It seems to me that that unavoidable errors involved with counting calories makes anything less than 10 or so just not worth dealing with.
    Of course, that doesn't mean 20 pieces of candy at 10 calories each should not be counted...but lettuce on my sammy? Nope.
  • I log pretty much everything.

A typical apple has around 100 Calories. It's not a negative calorie food. Celery isn't negative calorie either, though its calories are pretty negligible. However, if you eat a habañero, that's probably a negative calorie food due to its chemical properties. Same with coffee.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    One or two low calorie things I don't count, but if you have a lot they can add up. Since most people under estimate total calories it's good to be about 10% under on the total anyway so it would cover most of that. And then if you are not losing you need to re-evaluate how you count. There are interesting tests you can do like double checking food quantities on a digital scale compared to the labels, a lot of times they are off (over). They would get in trouble if they were under, so it's always going to be over.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    I don't count herbal tea.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    I log everything, even those 5 calorie dill pickle spears. I'm pretty anal, so it's sorta an all or nothing thing for me.

After I log out for the nite and have extra calories, if I eat something later, I go back the next morning and add it in even tho I am still under my goal. Yeah I guess I'm a bit OCD when it comes to logging.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    I don't count anything under 10 calories unless I'm having multiples of it. I don't count spices at all, but I usually make allowances for a few things I know could add up collectively.
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    I also don't count pickles. On top of that i don't count diet soda, tea, or mustard.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    basil and oregano
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I'm sort of amazed that anyone would consider counting spices at all. They just can't be a significant source of anything.

It seems to me that that unavoidable errors involved with counting calories makes anything less than 10 or so just not worth dealing with.
    Of course, that doesn't mean 20 pieces of candy at 10 calories each should not be counted...but lettuce on my sammy? Nope.

I'm thinking the same here. Spices (not blended mixes with salt, but legitimate spices like basil, oregano, thyme, etc.) are trace of everything. BIzarre that people would count them...
  • I don't count diet soft drinks, I probably only have one per day sometimes none, nor do I count the salad on a sandwich, spices are so low I don't count them either. I drink black coffee and tea so they are a no count too!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    I don't count pickles (I'm not tracking sodium either though, I'm a salt-a-holic and I'm not going to change any time soon. One problem area at a time), I do count tea and coffee even though they come up as 0s across the board, I don't count spices, I don't count mustard, I don't count gum, mints, or the occasional dum dum ( as long as I only have one. More than one and I log them all).
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    I don't count my Crystal Light mixes or my vitamins (they're both like 5 calories.)