been down to 1200 cals for four days now and not lost any!

Options
13»

Replies

• dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hey, I noticed on your ticker that you have now lost 1 pound! We all lose at different rates, just go one day at a time and stay off the daily weighing. Stress is not good for losing weight and if you are weighing every day and stressing over it, you are not helping yourself.

So now you are on your way! Congrats on losing that first pound!
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you're expecting results after 4 days, you will be disappointed by much in life.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out my best advice is to not weigh yourself for 3 weeks.............sometimes it takes that long to really show on the scale!
  • sbs8855
    sbs8855 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was eating between 1200-1400 a day for two weeks and lost only a pound. I re-evaluated what I was eating, cut down to one fruit portion per day (an apple). and in the next week lost 9 pounds. I was taking in too much fruit and while I new the sugar (even natural) was not my friend, it was so good and refreshing. So A) Give it time and B) pay attention to what those 1200 calories are comprised of, it makes a difference. Good Luck!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You haven't gained either, but I agree, you should weigh yourself no more than once a week and then as soon as you get up!

Basil

I'd like to add you to my friend list
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    And tomarrow we wil see a post that says " been down to 1200 cals for four days now and not lost any!' So how long did it take you to put on the weight, one month for every pound you want to lose.
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Wait.... Did I just get trolled???

I think maybe you/we did. lol
    Trolls are like Gremlins, the more you feed them, the more they post! *grumble grumble*
  • starrlette
    Options
    QUOTE:

I hate threads like this when people expect results overnight you are either a troll or just dumb, never friend me.

RESPONSE:

Insensitive egomaniacs shouldn't post in forum posts with newbies. Please be respectful. You were in this person's shoes once (not knowing what they were doing). Show some integrity and be civil and ignore people you feel you are "above".

I agree!
  • jrexrode
    jrexrode Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage you to possibly try to go 1000 - 1200 to see if that will get you going in the right direction. I am a petite woman & I finally realized that I just don't need as many calories even as the doc recommended amt. Also don't skip meals, avoid salty & fatty stuff -- try to eat nutrition dense foods that you love. My favorite little treat is a Dark Choc bliss (35 cal.) or a 100 cal Klondike at the end of the day. I've lost 6 lbs in August. Keep moving forward!