Before and during pictures

Options
This is my first time to post pictures so I hope it works.

Now a little bit about me. I am a 38 yr old wife and mother. I have gained 143 pounds in my 20 years of marriage. I have tried numerous times to lose weight but never accomplished it. I found out in July that my blood sugar was high and my dr wanted to put me on meds. I begged for 3 months to do it without medicine. I met with a dietitian and completely changed my way of life. I love the new person that I am becoming.

I cold turkey gave up regular sodas and sweet tea. I now drink water with an occasional diet drink (maybe 1-2 a week!!). I watch my carbs by eating 35-45 per meal.

I work out on my stationary bike at home. I try to workout 7 days a week but at least 5 days. It is a cheap basic model from Wal-mart.

I am 5'1 and my highest weight that I have documented is 273. As of today I weigh 251. I have lost 22 pounds in 60 days but I have lost inches too.

On to the pictures:

BackFeb2012.jpg

FrontComparison.jpg

Replies

• That is amazing!!! Congrats! You are doing fantastic work.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Doing Great! How are your sugars? I have lost 57 lbs to date and my sugars are steady and right on target...they were elevated when I started in February...I have a dr. appt on Sept 14th and my doc will be shocked :) I love it!
  • malspaugh
    Options
    You look fantastic! Good job! It looks like you have lost even more than 22lbs! You must be building muscle because you are melting away inches! Way to go girl! Keep it up mamma!
  • scrdofbugs
    scrdofbugs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    They are coming down but not quite to the normal range. I am having some 120-130 fasting. It is getting there. I go back in Oct or Nov for a new A1C test so I am shooting for a normal range.

Way to go!!!
  • scrdofbugs
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep up the great work!
  • chica559
    Options
    Way to go!!! Looking good!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!! And the lost inches makes it look like you have lost more weight than the scale states. CONGRATS!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Way to go. We are the same height. Keep up the good work!
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    You're doing a great job! Keep up the great work! It's not always easy, but it's always worth it!

18198566.png[/url]
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look great. I know how hard you must be working. Keep it up!! :)
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look like you've lost more than 22 lbs!! Congrats!
  • bonster1983
    bonster1983 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! I love it when people see that they are in control and make the changes they need to make to be healthy! Keep at it, you are an inspiration!
  • taaaters
    Options
    Wow! What a difference so far, well done!
  • clbowman11
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work (:
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :) keep with it
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow, and all in 60 days!! Great job!! Good luck on the rest of your journey. I know you will get to where you want to be.
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    AMAAAAAZING PROGRESS! These pictures are great motivation!
  • scrdofbugs
    Options
    Here's one other picture that I meant to post earlier.

Left side was yesterday and right side is May 2011.

Disney2011.jpg

Finally got it resize right
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!