Unfair Trainer

Options
124»

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have a headache now. I'm going to be blunt, but it's not out of disrespect for you. :)

She seems like a handful and a half and NOT in a good way. You seem like a pushover. Everything you said here needs to be said to HER and then you fire the trainer and either hire your own or do it by yourself. You have a right to be upset, but if you aren't going to stand up for yourself...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    He's a douche, she's a bitch....
    tell them both to GTFO and go it on your own.
    You're better than that, you don't need them.
    this.

i'd have dropped her as a partner when she got mad about you starting a few minutes before her. what is she like 8 and need someone to hold her hand

No joke. I'd have told her to deal with it and be on time next time.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I'm probably beating a dead horse but you SERIOUSLY should reconsider getting a trainer refund. My sister is dating a trainer and he told her how they don't get as much of the money as others think. So if there is two people paying the price for one session that one person would be, then they are going to gravitate towards one (the main account holder) since they are not getting paid for both.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If you are equally paying for the training sessions, then you deserve equal attention and support from the trainer. I would confront the trainer about the issues you've mentioned and if he does not give you equal attention then I would can that trainer. Request another trainer, or get a refund if you prepaid for other sessions.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    It's time you had a long talk with your training partner. This means YOU talk, She LISTENS. Let her know both that you find it insulting when she's off speaking a language you don't understand with a trainer that isn't working for you at all and that you're not getting the help that you need from this particular trainer. I have to agree that you need to change trainers. This one is not doing you any good. Get yourself another trainer to teach you the basics so that you can actually do what you need to, to be stronger and healthier.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I share the same sentiments as everyone else.
    ALSO...
    It seems like she uses a bad attitude to guilt you into feeling bad whenever she doesn't like something you've done or said. That type of behavior won't change...EVER. You should evaluate your relationship with her and ask yourself how many other times she's done that outside of workouts and trainers and such. Could this relationship be more one-sided than you think?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Go through your gym partner's purse and get your balls back....and move on from both her and the trainer ASAP

Seriously - for real.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Is your training partner your girlfriend? Or someone you want to be your girlfriend?

This was also my first thought. My second thought is hire your own trainer and meet at the gym at the same time. Then you both can get 100% of the attention you need to reach your (seemingly) different fitness goals.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think you need to grow a set and tell the "friend" what you said here. What kind of relationship do you have where your needs are ignored? Too much drama
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    You are not being melodramatic. You have every right to be upset. Your friend is not a friend. Anyone who speaks Spanish in front of someone who does not is so rude and disrespectful. I am a native speaker of Spanish and my husband is not. When I have to speak Spanish in front of my husband to someone else, I interpret the conversation for him. This is just common courtesy.

Like others have said, it's time to ditch the trainer. Fire this individual and go to another place to workout. This so called trainer has not done a damned thing for you. It seems as if he does not know what the hell he is doing. If your friend gets upset, that's her problem. Her behavior is ridiculous and you should not have to tolerate her childish behavior.
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree, time for a new partner and a new trainer.... life is too short for bad eggs.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is why I train on my own. I hate haveing to wait for others, have them cancel etc. I like to train when I want, where i want etc. YOur partner sounds very self centred and negative. Ditch her, get a trainer of your own and you'll reap the benefits.