My story to 100 pounds lost! (pics)

Options

Replies

• toriann22
    toriann22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look fantastic!! I have been up and down so many times. I have also been a WW member many times. I am now at my highest weight and debating on WW or MFP. You have shown me that all I need is commitment. Thanks for sharing your story!!
  • zoe1945
    Options
    WOW you are awesome and an inspiration, thanks for sharing
  • kkmayes
    kkmayes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing ... you are an inspiration!
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    you're a geocacher!!! so am i.

congrats on the weight loss.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fantastic !! true inspiration, im sure ur daughter will be very proud xx
  • Dom4less
    Dom4less Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight since college. In high school, I was very athletic, so I could eat what I wanted but not gain. I didn't keep active in college, ate what I wanted and weighed around 180 pounds when I graduated (I'm 5'5".)

I moved out on my own and started exercising and eating better. When I was 24, I dropped to about 155-160. Then I met the man who would become my husband. And the weight just started going up, and up, and up. When I was 26 and we got married, I was 205. I tried a bunch of different diets...Atkins, South Beach, Nutrisystem, etc, etc, but I kept gaining from there, and after 7 years of marriage, I was 261. Then I got pregnant. When my daughter was born, I weighed 282. I dropped 50 pounds by the time she was 6 months old and then immediately started putting it back on, and then some.

June 21, 2010. My highest weight of 288.4. I started eating better and walking. Just walking. My daughter was almost 2 and I didn't want her to have such a poor example for a mother. I lost about 35 pounds in 4 months, and then we moved and I changed jobs. My weight started going up again.

June 1, 2011 was when I finally started being consistent. I weighed 268.0, so I had kept off about 20 pounds. But that was the day I started using MyFitnessPal to track calories. That was one thing I had never done. I KNEW how to eat healthy, so I didn't need to track calories. Wrong. Seeing it in black and white was a huge help for me. And I steamrolled from there.

Today, September 2, 2012. I weighed this morning at 188.4. I'm down exactly 100 pounds from my highest weight. And I did it the "good old fashioned" way...eating less and moving more. After everything I had been through, that's what worked for me. Eating less, moving more. Using mfp was essential for me. It helped keep me consistent and accountable.

So a couple of pictures. The first two were in spring/summer 2010. Not sure what I weighed but it had to have been close to my highest.

June2010.jpg

May2010.jpg

And this last one is today. Still have some weight to lose, but I'm damn proud of how far I've come!

photo71.jpg

Congrats, that smile tells it all:-) I truly needed to read this today to motivate me. Tks:flowerforyou:
  • Joan123ready2go
    Options
    May each mile you walk be a joy to you, may each step be a treasure.
  • Joan123ready2go
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching this big mile stone!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!:flowerforyou:
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow!
    amazing :0)
  • Ta_Mo
    Ta_Mo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! This makes me want to push myself even more!!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great and show us all it can be done!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great , I too have 100 pounds to loose I hope I can be in your shoes a year from now, Great work!!!!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow, wish we had a "Like" button! Great inspiration.
  • xxpipsxx
    xxpipsxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Woop woop go you!!! :) you look great, great inspiration
  • denew627
    denew627 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be damn proud!! You have done an amazing job!! Congrats!
  • u250587
    Options
    you look amazing keep up the great work
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You are an inspiration and now I see that it is possible for me too. Great job!
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss success.You look fabulous,great job :smile: .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!