Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i think i gained that much this week, so why not?? rats
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6lbs in a week. So at 3500calories per lb - that means you'd need a deficit of 21'000 calories a week. That means eating under your total burned calories per day by 3'000 calories every day.

I would say that it's possible, but only for those people who are really _really_ overweight. Since to sustain a larger frame requires larger calories.

Most people couldn't sustain a calorific deficit of 3k a day, I don't think.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between actually LOSING six pounds, and having a six pound fluctuation.

If I actually tracked my weight every day on here, I'd probably be "losing" five pounds a week. And 4.5 of it would be the same 4.5 pounds.
  • jazzi98
    Options
    It's unlikely but she might be bulimic
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have her weigh herself in front of you. Just tell her the proof is in the pudding.....lol...
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    ................and you are friends with her because??????????
    Other than this weight loss and thinking she knows about kids when she has none, she's really really nice. It's hard to explain.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    I have a lot of friends who are like that who say OMG, you're obsessed with dieting and working out. I'm like well look at how much better I look so its obviously working. And they are always trying to get me to eat bad things. They are jealous and want me to get fat again, and I wont! I wont! So tell her to suck it if she keeps saying things like that! I would!
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Why don't you have her weigh herself in front of you. Just tell her the proof is in the pudding.....lol...
    I live in Indiana and she lives in Michigan where I am from. I seen her last Sept at my sons baby shower. But whenever I get the money to go back to visit again, I can show her my weight loss and I will see if she's been lying I guess.
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hate people like that. I call them friendnemies.
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had a tonsillectomy Friday and have lost 8 pounds since then...so I mean...if you wanna lose some weight in a hurry, get a tonsillectomy...lol
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I would not believe her.

You body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale though: water retention, digestion, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose weight when they eat more because of these fluctuations.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body had to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time. You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.

So did all these ladies ---> http://www.venusindex.com/transformation-contest/

If you want to learn the real truth invest in this. I gain nothing by it, but I am passionate about other people finding the same success I did and learning all the myths floating about in the diet industry that is designed to keep getting your money over and over. --- > http://www.anythinggoesdiet.com/no-diet-rules-allowed.php (This is NOT about eating junk food!)

My story here --> http://www.venusindex.com/roberta-saums-venus-index-transformation/

Oh yeah and you can do this WITHOUT a personal trainer or coaching. Read the book, it explains the answers, done. Then just do it.

-Bobbie
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Nothing you've said makes this person sound like a good person or a friend. I suggest finding a new friend who doesn't try to insult or continually one-up you.

That being said, you can easily lose 6 pounds in a week but it will be mostly or all water weight and not a 6 pound reduction in total body fat.

You could also teleport from sea level to the top of Mount Everest, and instantaneously reduce your weight by 0.28%. So, if you had the same weight as a large cow (1.5 tons) you could lose 6 pounds doing absolutely nothing.
  • Is it possible to lose 6lbs in a week when you don't even exercise and actually eat? I have a friend who brags about losing weight without trying. She doesn't eat that healthy because I see her posting about eating pies and taking candy into the movie theaters. She knows I am dieting and working out so I think she brags on purpose. Some stuff I think she's full of crap about. Her husband eats A LOT, they go out to eat all the time and he joins eating competitions when he can. She claims there is NO sugar in the house :/ She offends me regularly, but I honestly don't think she means it. She's a good person though, so I just don't know.
    She doesn't sound like a good friend!
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    hate people like that. I call them friendnemies.
    Yes. That's it. I think I am just not going to react to her comments anymore. Like ignore them unless she has something positive to say. She always talked about losing weight and told me how she wishes she had the energy I have had since I have been losing. She is trying desperately to have a baby and I told her she might gain weight while she was pregnant and that it would be normal. She says, "Oh no I won't. I will eat only healthy for me and the baby through my pregnancy" She's the kind of person who lives in a fantasy world and doesn't like when people tell her life isn't in just black and white. But she will find out for herself I guess.
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Nothing you've said makes this person sound like a good person or a friend. I suggest finding a new friend who doesn't try to insult or continually one-up you.

That being said, you can easily lose 6 pounds in a week but it will be mostly or all water weight and not a 6 pound reduction in total body fat.

You could also teleport from sea level to the top of Mount Everest, and instantaneously reduce your weight by 0.28%. So, if you had the same weight as a large cow (1.5 tons) you could lose 6 pounds doing absolutely nothing.
    lol, I like you :)