Avocados

Options

Replies

• Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hollow it our slightly and put fried egg into it....

Or slice it up and make an avocado chicken salad?

Combos are awesome...

Lets not forget however we could always just add salt and eat the damn thing as it is... that is also yummy :P
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump this... avocados are God's pudding.
  • cindybickler
    cindybickler Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i needed some ideas too. bought some and not sure what to do with them,
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Olive oil in guac? What you talkin bout willis!

Make guac with avocado, garlic, chilli, lime juice and season it. Have with chicken salad. Its amazing.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I slice it up and put it on sandwiches, or burgers

ETA: Slice avocados over eggs/omelettes
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I sliced one up this afternoon and ate the slices raw with my lunch of scrambled egg whites with a little picante.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hollow it our slightly and put fried egg into it....

I wonder how a poached egg would tatse in each half? hmmm
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!

I want to try that!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I bought two avocados in order to transform them in a delicious guacamole for my birthday party, but I was short on time and they are still sitting in the fruit jar.

Any ideas to incorporate them in my diet this week ?

Mash and spread about a 1/4 of an avacado on a sandwich instead of using mayo.
    Put a few slices on a garden salad.
    Make a turkey burger for dinner and put a few slices on that.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I eat them like apples:

Peel and eat.

:flowerforyou:
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I put Avocado on my sandwiches in place of Mayonnaise when I have it. Still pretty good, especially on Turkey
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mashed on toast with salt and black pepper for breakfast, optional side of slightly crispy bacon
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    They are pretty good alone with just a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    BLAT= bacon (turkey- 2 strips) lettuce, avocado (1/4 of it sliced) , tomato on a 100 calorie high fiber tortilla.... Spike seasoning
    218 calories 19 carb 12 fat 16 protein 11 fiber

southwest eggs= 2 eggs, 1T canned green chilis, 3 springs cilantro, 1/4 C chobani 0% fat plain greek yogurt.... scramble together and put on a 100 calorie tortilla with 1/4 avocado, sliced. Spike seasoning
    352 calories 20 carbs 21 fat 29 protein 11 fiber

I also make lime cilantro quinoa, top with 1/2 cup each corn and black beans, then dice half an avocado and put on top. Keeps me full for hours.

Avocado has loads of potassium (708.1 grams per cup)
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to cube them, and make a salad with roasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and a little good seasons italian dressing (about 330 cals).

I also like to make a bowl of guacamole and then eat it with grilled chicken instead of chips. Delish!
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    BLAT= bacon (turkey- 2 strips) lettuce, avocado (1/4 of it sliced) , tomato on a 100 calorie high fiber tortilla.... Spike seasoning
    218 calories 19 carb 12 fat 16 protein 11 fiber

southwest eggs= 2 eggs, 1T canned green chilis, 3 springs cilantro, 1/4 C chobani 0% fat plain greek yogurt.... scramble together and put on a 100 calorie tortilla with 1/4 avocado, sliced. Spike seasoning
    352 calories 20 carbs 21 fat 29 protein 11 fiber

I also make lime cilantro quinoa, top with 1/2 cup each corn and black beans, then dice half an avocado and put on top. Keeps me full for hours.

Avocado has loads of potassium (708.1 grams per cup)

The BLAT sounds yummy, have to try it!
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Why not make guacamole anyway? Just without the Olive oil - I don't think it's all that important.

:noway: olive oil...to each their own, i guess. :tongue:

Top chicken noodle soup with cubed avos, or mash with canned chicken and cilantro for a delush chkn salad filler. No mayo needed! Oot oot. Hurray for the avo lovers of the world!

You can also rub it on your face....
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!

Insane combo - I'm trying it tonight
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    all sounds so yummy, keep the recipes coming. I have put it on my face for sunburn before just to cool off, it just feels as good on the face as in the tummy. lol. thanks all!!!!
  • sandiinmo
    sandiinmo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use avocados in my smoothies, too. When I get them on sale, I buy a bunch, cut them in quarters and freeze them. Great with frozen fruit and they add such a creamy texture. Keeps me from getting hungry. I got some for .29 recently, so I'm stocked up!
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sliced with firm tofu, wrapped in romaine lettuce and dipped in rice vinegar. This was one of my favorite snacks back in my college days when I had vegan room-mates. You can substitute the tofu for mozarella cheese also.