Get Fit or Get Thin?

Options

Replies

• katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i'd say fit is better, but i want to be thin. my muscles from swimming are so bulky and make me look much larger than i'd like to look
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    How about getting sexy? Basically I have never been at a healthy weight since puberty. So I want to discover the woman I was meant to be. :)

^^^ this^^^

I keep asking myself when do I start to feel sexy... :sad: :grumble:
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit or actually I want to be alive I am a NYer actually Northern NJ and after 9/11 we spoke alot of people we knew in the area or in the towers and one of my friends said they knew someone who literally ran for their life. First time I thought about it at over 350 pounds I would probably been killed since I couldnt run. Later my pressure was sky high and I ran the risk of a stroke if I kept going again I wanted to be alive so that was the start of my journey
    Last Sunday I ran in Saddle River park over 8 miles it is 6 miles end to end and one day I will run it all and back 12 miles and my pressure is now average 115/75 with a resting pulse about 50
    I choose fitness and health
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this to get fit, not skinny. I emphasize the "fitness" part every day for my kids. I want them to make healthy choices and stay active. They'll learn those things from their mom! :happy:
  • crazykelley
    crazykelley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit, more than thin, but there are 111 lbs between the 256lbs that I am and the 145lbs my doctor said I should be. I have always wanted to run but my first goal is to lose weight, second would be to get fit to where I can run in a race.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Trying to get fit/lean/toned! I do not care about the scale at all and rarely weigh myself because I know if Im lifting Ill hopefully gain in muscle.
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I say both, one is not exclusive of the other. For me it's a matter of returning back to who I was.

ditto EXCEPT for me it's a matter of returning better than who i was.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I want to be thin and fit, cuz u know girls are good like tht hahaha I wanna b strong. Wanna b able to do pull ups & make them look easy, push ups on my toes. I wanna be over all better & look good :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    How about getting sexy? Basically I have never been at a healthy weight since puberty. So I want to discover the woman I was meant to be. :)

^^^ this^^^

I ask myself the same questions
  • chelseaa_
    Options
    im loosing weight so i can feel good about myself. im tired of being the 'bigger' friend (which im not really anymore) and i just want to be able to have self confidence. im tired of my family hating about my weight and other people. im not doing it for anybody but me.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    To be fit, strong, and awesome. I also want to look hot. I don't necessarily want to lose weight... I do want to lose some of this fat, though.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I want to be fit. Thin for me is not good. I have heavily muscled legs and I'm pretty sure it's all muscle! I try to float in a pool and only my upper body floats! my legs are heavy. lol!!! I want my waist to be smaller, like 2 - 3 inches smaller ... the rest of me I like! lol!!! I know I still have fat around me belly but because I want to have more children, I'm not pushing to be too low in body fat. I'm good where I am, but I know I can do more... :)

my waist now is 29 inches. I've been 26 before children, but, it would be nice... sigh... lol!!!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit! I am currently not losing pounds just getting fitter and gaining strength. I do not want to be a 'Fat Thin' person (yes they do exist).
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

^^^ this^^^

I'm starting to feel sexy but I still got a while to go yet.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am tired of being the largest person among my friends and coworkers. But most of all I am tired of being tired carrying all this extra weight around. It is not healthy. I had more energy, felt better about myself and my knees did not hurt when I weighed less. I want that again!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    For me its about quality of life, When you wake up one day and are too fat to put socks on your feet, and too disabled with Arthritis to put pants on without leaning against a wall and using a grabber extension, There is no quality to the days you have left. When that is the case theres not much point in hanging around. So recognizing I had the knowledge, skills, ability and determination to have quality of life in every day, I got back on the trail. To put it simply, at my age I no longer really care how many days are left but I do care that each one is a good one, and that I have lived to my potential.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No idea I guess both....

I mean recently as I am half the size, almost literally.... I also destroyed my previous TT record up the mountain while cycling... So to me thinner = lighter = more power output = better = winner.... So I can be a winner by being thinner :D

I'll be fit as hell too, but weight does mean something when competing :D
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The weight on the scale means absolutely nothing to me as long as I'm fit and happy with what I see reflected in the mirror. My goal is related to bodyfat percentage, not a number on the scale. Slim with low bodyfat looks better than skinny with high bodyfat. We don't walk around in public with a scale number floating over our head, we walk around with the body we've shaped - nobody sees the scale number, you either look fit or you don't.

My thoughts exactly, very well said!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    To get fit! I'm not out to look like Angelina Jolie. The point for me was to get healthy. It's not to *look* a certain way but to *be* a certain way.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The weight on the scale means absolutely nothing to me as long as I'm fit and happy with what I see reflected in the mirror. My goal is related to bodyfat percentage, not a number on the scale. Slim with low bodyfat looks better than skinny with high bodyfat. We don't walk around in public with a scale number floating over our head, we walk around with the body we've shaped - nobody sees the scale number, you either look fit or you don't.

This.

I have a ton of weight to lose but I'm not doing it to be skinny or look good. I'm doing it because I want to be healthy and in shape! I want to not be limited by my size. Nothing limits your life like being fat and unhealthy... trust me.