JUNE STARTERS ~ JAN 24 WEIGH-IN

Replies

• linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    So I feel like a complete failure (yes I know that's not good talk) but I completely fell off the wagon - starting Friday and ended yesterday at dinner. I'm so ashamed I didn't even put any of my food in the site.

Oh well... today is a new day and I CAN DO THIS!!!

SW - 300
    LW - 261.2
    CW - 262.3

Yeah I gained a pound. I think it might also be water weight (especially since I didn't drink any water at all this weekend).

I'll do better *says to myself over and over again*
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Guess what I'm doing...... Yes, I'm shopping for lingerie!! AGAIN!! :laugh: I can't help it!! I LOVE it!! :heart: I LOVE it even more that I am able to buy smaller sizes!! So exciting!!
    Funny story... I can't believe I'm going to share this, but here it goes... you guys need a good laugh, ITS MONDAY!!!

Ok, I bought some really pretty, black lacy panties... CUTE!!! Anyway, I got this HUGE wedgie and I forgot that I had these pretty, delicate panties on and when I went to hank this wedge out, my thumb went right through the lace!! I was like, "UH uh"!! BUT, OH, yes... I poked a hole right through!! I was so sad :ohwell: I was looking at my bum with the big hole in my pretty lacy panties in the mirror and said, "I guess I'm just not meant to wear lacy panties"... My husband died laughing... he said my face was so sad and serious when I said it!...
    Anyway, my funny story of the week :wink: Have a great day :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:

lol great stroy kandy! I've actually done that before, it's a very sad moment! I'm sure you husband got a kick out of it. I also know how you feel about the lingerie, I can finally fit into a large at VS and for awhile I couldn't control myself, but luckily my bf didn't mind that I was spending the money :blushing:

Also, thanks everyone for the advice about training. It's really hard for me to switch gears and not concentrate on weight loss so much and no one (other than you guys) seems to understand. I had a very bad day yesterday because I was so stressed about everything but today I set my calories at 1700 and I will also eat my exercise calories on days that I run. That still has me at a loss of 0.7 lbs a week. I just couldn't go to maintanence just yet, too much too soon. It gives me great anxiety to eat this much so we'll see. I'm still going to be active with the wonderful June Starters and check in every Thursday with my weight to stay accountable! However, I may not lose much :ohwell:

I promise you that getting your heart healthy is a BIG thing!!! And you will reap the rewards... It may be slow (especially in the beginning) but you will reap the rewards!!! I have NEVER seen a FAT runner!! :laugh: And just imagine the confidence that you will have after finishing this marathon... I can't even imagine!!! This will set you up to do ANYTHING!!! You will reach your goal. I have confidence in you. If you really feel that you need to run this marathon, then train hard and do it!! YOu will beat yourself up for it if you don't (if you're anything like me)... or you will always wonderf "what if"... You CAN do this!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    So I feel like a complete failure (yes I know that's not good talk) but I completely fell off the wagon - starting Friday and ended yesterday at dinner. I'm so ashamed I didn't even put any of my food in the site.

SW - 300
    LW - 261.2
    CW - 262.3

Yeah I gained a pound. I think it might also be water weight (especially since I didn't drink any water at all this weekend).

There is NOT one second of the past we can change... BUT we can do something about today. Be conscience of what you do today... a couple days of bad food choices... OK, it happened!! Today is a new day and you WANT to reach your goals!!!
    Say this to yourself... "I am strong. I deserve this. I WILL reach my goals!!!!" Own it!

• I promise you that getting your heart healthy is a BIG thing!!! And you will reap the rewards... It may be slow (especially in the beginning) but you will reap the rewards!!! I have NEVER seen a FAT runner!! :laugh: And just imagine the confidence that you will have after finishing this marathon... I can't even imagine!!! This will set you up to do ANYTHING!!! You will reach your goal. I have confidence in you. If you really feel that you need to run this marathon, then train hard and do it!! YOu will beat yourself up for it if you don't (if you're anything like me)... or you will always wonderf "what if"... You CAN do this!! :drinker:

Thank you for your encouragement, it really means a lot to me! :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    You're welcome! We ALL need encouragement!! I really wish you the best!!:drinker:
  • Down .25 this week -

sw 265
    lw 219
    cw 218.75
  • kandyjo
    :drinker:
    Down .25 this week -

sw 265
    lw 219
    cw 218.75

YAY!!! Moving on down!!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member

SW - 300
    LW - 261.2
    CW - 262.3

Don't be ashamed. Be happy that you came out on the other side wanting to continue your journey. If you want a lifestyle change you have to expect that occasionally you will have an off weekend/ week /month. The important thing is that you are moving forward and intend to go back to your healthy habits.

Listen to Kandyjo. That was possibly the soundest advice I have read here. Well said KandyJo!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Just thought I should say....I :heart: my little mfp family that I have here in you girls. You are the best and always keep my spirits high! :flowerforyou:
  • "We can't change the past, only the future."

I was TERRIBLE at lunch. Starving and ticked off over contradictory parents of the little boy I watch (they're turning me into the "bad cop" and undermining my authority. Example: Rex is in a time out, I say to his father. His father picks him up and cuddles him. And they wonder why he has behavioral issues. -__-

So we (Rex and I) went to Chili's for lunch. I had a burger and ugh... tortilla chips and fries... and his leftovers... -headdesk-

I felt so fat afterward that I drove us straight to the park instead of home and we ran around for an hour. So I will probably still go over today even with the exercise calories but at least I didn't mope about it, I went and did something about it.
  • kandyjo
    Just thought I should say....I :heart: my little mfp family that I have here in you girls. You are the best and always keep my spirits high! :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly the same way :heart: Do you think all of the other MFP groups are as awesome as our's is?
  • kandyjo
    "We can't change the past, only the future."

I was TERRIBLE at lunch. Starving and ticked off over contradictory parents of the little boy I watch (they're turning me into the "bad cop" and undermining my authority. Example: Rex is in a time out, I say to his father. His father picks him up and cuddles him. And they wonder why he has behavioral issues. -__-

So we (Rex and I) went to Chili's for lunch. I had a burger and ugh... tortilla chips and fries... and his leftovers... -headdesk-

I felt so fat afterward that I drove us straight to the park instead of home and we ran around for an hour. So I will probably still go over today even with the exercise calories but at least I didn't mope about it, I went and did something about it.

Amanda~ you know we all do it... It's bad... we shouldn't, but we do... What I like about this though, is that you said, yeah, I screwed up... But you didn't let it stop there... you went to the park and burned some calories... Staying PROACTIVE, so to speak, with our journey is the only way we are going to acheive success. I really think it is unrealistic to even THINK that we will never slip up and over indulge during some point or another. What is different about NOW and back THEN (the old way of thinking) is that we realize that we made a mistake and we do something about it...ie GET ACTIVE!!!
    Thanks for sharing... Even when we do "bad" it is good to share because it is a learning experience for us AND others here in our group. We are all learning and growing together. I am so happy that we all feel comfortable enough to take advantage of the great accountability that we have here. Ok, sorry... I am rambling... habit I have :wink:

On another note.. I have a little brag...

Ok, my mom wanted to take my daughter and I out to eat again and she wanted to go to the same Chicken place as last time (where I learned that even the kid's meal is PACKED with calories)... Anyway, I said, ok... I SCOURED the menu for ANYTHING healthy and not FRIED.... sadly, there was NOTHING... So, I ordered a bottled water. That's it. Now that is NOTHING like me at all... I was sooo proud of myself.. Instead of just getting some greasy and fried, I decided to go with a water and wait to eat something I could make at home... I was beaming on the inside!! It was something that showed me that I may have only lost 22 lbs so far on this journey, but I have REALLY learned a lot and have gotten stronger when it comes to temptation!!
    Hang in there girls!!! I know we are going to reach our goals!!! I KNOW IT! :drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Good for you Kandyjo. I never could have ordered just a water. You are my hero of the day...
  • kandyjo
    Good for you Kandyjo. I never could have ordered just a water. You are my hero of the day...

:laugh: Thanks! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Ok, it's Wednesday.... that means Weigh-in :wink:

SW 230
    LW 209.4
    TW 208.2
    GW 135 ish

Lost = 1.2 lbs

I guess I'm not meant to lose more than a pound a week these days :laugh: I seriously bust my butt through the week... I'm not complaining.. I am glad I'm down a pound!!!! I just figured that I would lose more... Oh, well!! I will definitely take it!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Hi everyone ... just checking in. Wanted to share a little advice ... never ever over induldge in fresh cherries just before you go to bed ... man oh man ... what a rough night. There's a volcano in my gut ... I hope it doesn't errupt while I'm here at work. :laugh: Hope you all have a great day.
  • Just thought I should say....I :heart: my little mfp family that I have here in you girls. You are the best and always keep my spirits high! :flowerforyou:

I feel exactly the same way :heart: Do you think all of the other MFP groups are as awesome as our's is?

I agree with both of you and I'm not sure about other groups but I've been part of a few here and there in the past and it didn't seem as tight knit as our little group. love you guys!

Oh and good work Kandy on the water!!!! :drinker:
  • Whew, done my two long days of teaching! I've only got to put together a presentation and give it on Friday morning, so the week is definitely winding down work-wise! Now I can go back and read some posts that I missed! As for my weigh in...

SW 182.4
    LW 141.4
    CW *drumroll please....* 139.8!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I can't believe I saw a 3 on the scale this morning!! It's made my week for sure! :bigsmile:
  • oh it's going to be one of those days where I can't stop eating. :sad:
  • Whew, done my two long days of teaching! I've only got to put together a presentation and give it on Friday morning, so the week is definitely winding down work-wise! Now I can go back and read some posts that I missed! As for my weigh in...

SW 182.4
    LW 141.4
    CW *drumroll please....* 139.8!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I can't believe I saw a 3 on the scale this morning!! It's made my week for sure! :bigsmile:

yay!!! You're so close to your goal!