why??

Options
Why do some people still refuse to eat healthy or healthier and than they complain about gaining weight their are hormones in your body that act differently to food if you ate a twinkie. or a candy bard it would spike your insulin.. make you store fat no matter what.. If you ate some fish with veggies.. It would keep your insulin normal and say you those fat stores.. It has a lot more to do with than just counting calories ITS also about what you put in your body that gives you succcess being healthy makes you healthy on the inside and out.. your body will start running like its supposed to... I mean once in a while Or 1 day out of every-week i say hey yeah eat what you want but everyday.. No that wont work...

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Particularly the "it will make you store fat no matter what".
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Simply put because Twinkies and candy bars are yummy. ;)
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    Yummy in a stupid, self-absorbed reason. You are what you eat!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    They still make twinkies!? OK ok,,, I'm from Australia... and will do just about anything for someone to send me a couple (just a few not a whole box) of twinkies... I had one from a house guest when I was younger and it just wasn't enough... if your up for being a legend send me a message :P
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Particularly the "it will make you store fat no matter what".
    This......
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Real nice
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    So go look at my diary and see how many twinkies and candy bars I eat.

It was a joke...chill.
  • Shimmerrzz
    Shimmerrzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Real nice Rick
  • justgin
    Options
    Simply put because Twinkies and candy bars are yummy. ;)

^^^ Truth :)
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the kellogs commercial where theres a group of people eating on a subway and this girl is eating a cinnabun and when she's walking away her butt is a pair of cinnabuns.
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Of course some foods have more nutrients than other....I do my best to eat as healthy as possible. However, weightloss comes down to a calorie deficit. If you eat a candy bar everyday and still stay within your caloric deficit for the day, you will still lose weight. It comes down to energy in v. energy out. A candy bar or twinky will not "make you fat no matter what"...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the kellogs commercial where theres a group of people eating on a subway and this girl is eating a cinnabun and when she's walking away her butt is a pair of cinnabuns.

"My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun!"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why do some people still refuse to eat healthy or healthier and than they complain about gaining weight their are hormones in your body that act differently to food if you ate a twinkie. or a candy bard it would spike your insulin.. make you store fat no matter what.. If you ate some fish with veggies.. It would keep your insulin normal and say you those fat stores.. It has a lot more to do with than just counting calories ITS also about what you put in your body that gives you succcess being healthy makes you healthy on the inside and out.. your body will start running like its supposed to... I mean once in a while Or 1 day out of every-week i say hey yeah eat what you want but everyday.. No that wont work...

I think you're a bit confused about the role insulin plays for a healthy (by healthy I mean no diabetes, no metabolic disorder) person on a calorie deficit. How exactly does insulin make you store fat "no matter what" if you have a calorie deficit?
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Seriously this is why so many people yo yo diet their lives away. I've never given up a single thing I enjoy eating. If sugar made you hold on to fat, then my biology must be special. Started out at 32% BF and am now down to 24%. However I am not a 'special snowflake"

The 43lbs lost are never coming back, because the way I'm eating now is sustainable for the rest of my life. I don't need to binge...have a cheat day...stress about going over my calories because it's all there for me to enjoy when I want. As long as I continue to follow the simple math formula of calories IN...calories OUT. No worries.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I eat a pint of ice cream every single night. My total cholesterol is 93, my resting heart rate is ~50, blood sugar level never above 100, & I'm not gaining weight. Just sayin'. That being said, of course it's important to eat nutrious food, but you can eat what you want as well. Even every day.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank God you here to set us straight. I guess I can go cancel my appointments with my doctor, nutritionist, and shrink! :flowerforyou:
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    Seriously this is why so many people yo yo diet their lives away. I've never given up a single thing I enjoy eating. If sugar made you hold on to fat, then my biology must be special. Started out at 32% BF and am now down to 24%. However I am not a 'special snowflake"

100% agree! You can't give up the things you love because then you will just end up binging and lose progress all together. Everything in moderation. I will fully admit I am an ice cream junkie but when I stepped back and looked at HOW MUCH I was eating, that's when things changed.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Why don't you tell us why? You're on a diet website so something was up with your eating habits at one point as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

100% agree! You can't give up the things you love because then you will just end up binging and lose progress all together. Everything in moderation. I will fully admit I am an ice cream junkie but when I stepped back and looked at HOW MUCH I was eating, that's when things changed.
    Alas, "everything in moderation" is pretty easy to forget. Which is the other reason folks re-gain weight.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Oh Great, now I'm craving a Twinkie and they stopped making them last year, ARGHHHHH!!!!!