Before and during pictures

Options

Replies

• Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Hang in there, and you will get to your goal! Fantastic!
  • jewelmarie793
    jewelmarie793 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats amazing!
    Keep up the good work
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I check out the before/after pictures and stories most every day and there is usually one that really stands out. Today, it's YOU! You wrote, "I love the new person that I am becoming." Wow! That's truly an awesome statement! You've certainly earned it!
  • RenaHope
    Options
    Great progress, and I LOVE your username! Haha :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,619 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • evsullivan
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree about that smile getting bigger! :)
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" also... You are very inspiring! Congratulations and you look beautiful!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You're on your way! Awesome progress!!!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep at it.
    There is nothing quite as motivating as the doctors office. I managed to only go to the doctor when REALLY sick for the past 15 yrs (always a different one, etc.) Like yourself, I gained the weight slowly, but steadily. Then in late Feb, 2012 I got an ear infection. And when I went to the "little clinic" - they wouldn't treat me because my blood pressure was too high. So, I found an MD in my network & made the appt. He basically held me hostage at his office for over 3 hours trying to get my bp down or they were sending me to the er. That was a wake up call. Of course, he attributed my bp to my weight. I actually knew it wasn't completely the weight (I work for the state - lots of major stress - and have a dysfunctional drama-filled family with a drug addicted child.) So - lots of stress in my life. But, the only way to show the dr that it wasn't weight related was to lose some weight.
    I weighed in that day at 365! That was in mid March. Now, I am at 310. So, 55 lost in 5 months. two new types of bp medicine & it still isn't under control. But, funny thing, as I gained control of my weight (my life) and started changing the way I do things (walking across the parking lot, exercising, etc) somehow it has helped me to handle the chaos. I think part of my eating was the only way I could feel good with all this crap going on around me. And now I have embraced a new way to feel good - by taking care of myself - and it is really a wonderful feeling. I am hoping my next dr visit in oct will show that my bp is under control.
    I hope that you are experiencing the same sort of thing and will continue to keep at it. This is going to be a long journey & hopefully a life changing one. I look forward to seeing more pics from you!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    60 Days! That's really impressive. You look really different in the face and body. You look great! Keep it up!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    This is my first time to post pictures so I hope it works.

Now a little bit about me. I am a 38 yr old wife and mother. I have gained 143 pounds in my 20 years of marriage. I have tried numerous times to lose weight but never accomplished it. I found out in July that my blood sugar was high and my dr wanted to put me on meds. I begged for 3 months to do it without medicine. I met with a dietitian and completely changed my way of life. I love the new person that I am becoming.

I cold turkey gave up regular sodas and sweet tea. I now drink water with an occasional diet drink (maybe 1-2 a week!!). I watch my carbs by eating 35-45 per meal.

I work out on my stationary bike at home. I try to workout 7 days a week but at least 5 days. It is a cheap basic model from Wal-mart.

I am 5'1 and my highest weight that I have documented is 273. As of today I weigh 251. I have lost 22 pounds in 60 days but I have lost inches too.

On to the pictures:

BackFeb2012.jpg

FrontComparison.jpg

Great job!! I don't have those type of visual results yet, but maybe one day it'll be there! By the way, how do you do the pictures side by side???
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are definitely looking more confident and happier. Keep up the great work!
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You look great! Cute butt lady! :D
  • scrdofbugs
    scrdofbugs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep at it.
    There is nothing quite as motivating as the doctors office. I managed to only go to the doctor when REALLY sick for the past 15 yrs (always a different one, etc.) Like yourself, I gained the weight slowly, but steadily. Then in late Feb, 2012 I got an ear infection. And when I went to the "little clinic" - they wouldn't treat me because my blood pressure was too high. So, I found an MD in my network & made the appt. He basically held me hostage at his office for over 3 hours trying to get my bp down or they were sending me to the er. That was a wake up call. Of course, he attributed my bp to my weight. I actually knew it wasn't completely the weight (I work for the state - lots of major stress - and have a dysfunctional drama-filled family with a drug addicted child.) So - lots of stress in my life. But, the only way to show the dr that it wasn't weight related was to lose some weight.
    I weighed in that day at 365! That was in mid March. Now, I am at 310. So, 55 lost in 5 months. two new types of bp medicine & it still isn't under control. But, funny thing, as I gained control of my weight (my life) and started changing the way I do things (walking across the parking lot, exercising, etc) somehow it has helped me to handle the chaos. I think part of my eating was the only way I could feel good with all this crap going on around me. And now I have embraced a new way to feel good - by taking care of myself - and it is really a wonderful feeling. I am hoping my next dr visit in oct will show that my bp is under control.
    I hope that you are experiencing the same sort of thing and will continue to keep at it. This is going to be a long journey & hopefully a life changing one. I look forward to seeing more pics from you!

You are doing so great!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!
  • scrdofbugs
    Options
    This is my first time to post pictures so I hope it works.

Now a little bit about me. I am a 38 yr old wife and mother. I have gained 143 pounds in my 20 years of marriage. I have tried numerous times to lose weight but never accomplished it. I found out in July that my blood sugar was high and my dr wanted to put me on meds. I begged for 3 months to do it without medicine. I met with a dietitian and completely changed my way of life. I love the new person that I am becoming.

I cold turkey gave up regular sodas and sweet tea. I now drink water with an occasional diet drink (maybe 1-2 a week!!). I watch my carbs by eating 35-45 per meal.

I work out on my stationary bike at home. I try to workout 7 days a week but at least 5 days. It is a cheap basic model from Wal-mart.

I am 5'1 and my highest weight that I have documented is 273. As of today I weigh 251. I have lost 22 pounds in 60 days but I have lost inches too.

On to the pictures:

BackFeb2012.jpg

FrontComparison.jpg

Great job!! I don't have those type of visual results yet, but maybe one day it'll be there! By the way, how do you do the pictures side by side???

I edit the picture. Crop each one and paste beside the others. Then crop them all together. It's just the windows picture software. Nothing special.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    wow.. way to go! i definitely see a lot of change. and you look so much younger and happier!
  • scrdofbugs
    Options
    I check out the before/after pictures and stories most every day and there is usually one that really stands out. Today, it's YOU! You wrote, "I love the new person that I am becoming." Wow! That's truly an awesome statement! You've certainly earned it!

This really touched me. Thank you so much!!!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!!!
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look like you've lost more than 22 lbs!! Congrats!

I agree! Those were an important 23 lbs! Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!