Hubby wants to go to marriage counseling

Options

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I think counseling is a good thing, I'm all for it. I just have one question IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE KIDS TOGETHER, DO YOU LOVE HIM ENOUGH TO TRY AND SAVE THE RELATIONSHIP AND DOES HE LOVE YOU ENOUGH TO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN.

To me LOVE is the real answer. I know you don't stop loving someone over night no matter what they may do to hurt you. But this has been going on for awhile, with the not helping around the house and making you feel like you started the fights, etc.... Now over that time, has the love faded or do you still feel the same way about him. I think these are questions a counselor may ask. So you might want to start thinking about what your answers will be. It's great to stay together for the children but really in the end, tensions will flare up again, fights wiill happen and the kids will know something's wrong. Children are more perceptive than we give them credit for. If you are miserable then your children will be too. Just make sure the love is there or it will never work. Just my 2 cents.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    You guys have given me a lot to think about. :smile:
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Wow! That's eating crow for him! I would go for it! It can't hurt and it might even heal a few wounds.

Good luck honey!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    And if it doesn't work out you can threaten him with my favorite threat.....

'I hope you brought your wallet!!! Because the rent in hell is payed in advance!!!'

(Hope it goes well for you GTO, it's not easy. Yell if you need anything) :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    its worth a try to do I always say....
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    And if it doesn't work out you can threaten him with my favorite threat.....

'I hope you brought your wallet!!! Because the rent in hell is payed in advance!!!'

(Hope it goes well for you GTO, it's not easy. Yell if you need anything) :smile:

Thanks, that means a lot:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I told you mine cheated years ago and we worked it out. I will never forget but now he does not give me a reason to doubt him. If I ask where he is going he tells me and is where he said. But it is still hard to forget. Go with your heart. This has to be what you want. :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I told you mine cheated years ago and we worked it out. I will never forget but now he does not give me a reason to doubt him. If I ask where he is going he tells me and is where he said. But it is still hard to forget. Go with your heart. This has to be what you want. :flowerforyou:

I basically told him that, and I also told him this would be his ONE second chance...if he fouls up again it's over.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best with everything, and I admire that you are willing to try to work thru this for your kids. It is not an easy thing to do. However it all turns out, you will be at peace, because you will know you did all you could do.:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs girl and want you to know whatever you choose to do you're supported here!!!

you rock girl....and I know you'll give it your all and be really smart about it....big hugs and prayers your way and to your family too!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    OK I guess I have to put my 2 cents in too :happy: I had a lot of problems in my marridge for a very long time, but every time someone said anything bad about him I felt I had to defend him... ( my mom always told me make sure that you are done completly bevore you get a divorce) finally I left and moved in with a friend of mine and her husband... He changed overnight, He is not perfect but I wouldn't trade him in for two 25 year olds:laugh: the only thing I regret is that I didn't make a stand a lot earlier Now everybody talks about what a nice husband I have and how good he treats me:grumble:
    You have to know what you can live with and what not, no one can say what they would do in your situation b/c they are not you, but I think you should give it a shot....
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that u love your kids enough to even think about working things out. You're a "bigger" person than I am, I know I would just kic his *kitten*...that said, I think smart people can work through things like this with the help of a counselor, so give it a go honey! I hope it works out for you and he becomes the man I'm sure he promised u he would be :)
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    Best of Luck GIRL! We are all on the outside looking in....you just remember to keep your head up and keep taking care of yourself...and your lil ones! And be patient....there is alot of emotional crud you have been through and will continue to work through.

Keep us posted!

We're all here for ya! We got your BACK!

PS....can I invite myself out there and go for a joyride with you in that SMOKIN' GTO! That is one SICK ride chica!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Best of Luck GIRL! We are all on the outside looking in....you just remember to keep your head up and keep taking care of yourself...and your lil ones! And be patient....there is alot of emotional crud you have been through and will continue to work through.

Keep us posted!

We're all here for ya! We got your BACK!

PS....can I invite myself out there and go for a joyride with you in that SMOKIN' GTO! That is one SICK ride chica!

Sure, anytime:smile:
  • Vixxiii
    Vixxiii Posts: 8
    Options
    lol that one made me smile
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Do what's best for YOU and your girls.
    You can listen to all the advice in the world but at the end of the day, you have to listen to your heart.
    I wish you all the best GTO and I know you'll do the right thing.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well I am not going to sit here and tell you what the best solution is, because i believe everyone is different and it's a decision in your heart that you have to make.

I know in my childhood my mom stayed and tried to work things out with my dad and honestly that screwed me up MAJORLY! My dad was always on me about something I couldn't even breathe or walk wrong....It really did mess me up and I do believe that I am a very defensive person because of him and also it wasnt good because I never knew what a real marriage was supposed to be like I left for the military and a few years later they got a divorce......

I am going through a divorce because my soon to be ex cheated on me(he had two chances he messed them both up), in my heart I care for him but know I WILL NEVER have trust again. So in my case I wanted to make it work for Ri but I felt like it will be worst on him especially since Geoff and I fight so much so a break is right for me.

Besides i want to be a good role model and do not want rion thinking that it's ok to cheat and lie.

Good luck in whatever you choose hun
    :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world. I think counseling is an excellent step!!! That being said, I doubt someone who is that selfish will really change. But, stranger things have been known to happen. Talking it out with a third party couldn't hurt. Even if you eventually go your separate ways, your relationship will be slightly improved, and you kids deserve that!

Take care of yourself!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

I basically told him that, and I also told him this would be his ONE second chance...if he fouls up again it's over.

Good keep your eyes wide open. Mine are still wide open even though it has been years. If mine messed up again he would be gone too. Missing parts. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Every situation is different. . .I have seen counseling work, and I've seen it not work.

This sounds cheesy, but here's my advice. . .Make sure you're bringing the counseling home with you. I have an ex, and when we tried counseling, he thought that everything would get "fixed" by saying the right thing in front of the therapist and then going back to plan A at home.

If you find a good counselor, and use the communication techniques, it can work.

I wish you only the best, for both you and your children.

and your sweet, sweet ride. . .:flowerforyou: