What the Forums Have Taught Me Today...

Options
1235»

Replies

• rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That posting pictures of yourself in your underware and/or bathing suit is acceptable, as long as you are already fit. If you are still overweight, the moderators will remove your picture and tell you it's obscene/ not family friendly.

TRUE story.

Fixed it for you. The friends of mine that has gotten their pics removed are far from overweight (love you jules)

Thanks - but it wasn't broken, and didn't need your fixing. I was posting about myself, and the pictures I have posted before. I have PLENTY of friends that have pictures of them in underware/bathing suits. But when I posted a pic of me in my bathing suit - a two piece - I received an email from a moderator telling me what I had posted was obscene, and I had to take it down.

TRUE. STORY.

Now, I don't know how "far from overweight" Jules is, or what pictures were removed, but I'm telling what *I* have learned today. Post your own lesson, and get off of mine.

If they "asked" you to remove it, it might not have been from a real moderator. There's been some bogus messages floating around from phony mods telling women to change their profile pics.

Real mods just delete offensive photos.

Let me rephrase. They removed it, and TOLD me that if I posted another picture like it, that I would be "removed" from the site.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've learned that people are pretty much as I've always thought

It's nice to be right.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My point was - if bathing suits are "obscene", then they should be considered "obescene" for EVERY MEMBER OF THIS SITE. I never said I blamed others, I don't complain about the emails I get from the Mods lashing me for using every foul word my mind can come up with - which I have gotten plenty of. But, I appreciate you calling yourself and adult, and calling me a child.

You're welcome. Hopefully now you realize that the mods don't have it out for overweight girls like you claimed in the original post
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My point was - if bathing suits are "obscene", then they should be considered "obescene" for EVERY MEMBER OF THIS SITE. I never said I blamed others, I don't complain about the emails I get from the Mods lashing me for using every foul word my mind can come up with - which I have gotten plenty of. But, I appreciate you calling yourself and adult, and calling me a child.

You're welcome. Hopefully now you realize that the mods don't have it out for overweight girls like you claimed in the original post

Actually, until EVERY PICTURE of someone in a bathing suit/underware is removed, I stand by what I said. Either put MY picture BACK UP - or take them all down. It CANT be okay for one person to do it, and NOT okay for someone else.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    also, people get butt hurt on the internet way too easily.

idk why the phrase 'butt hurt' makes me giggle, but it does!! :laugh: :laugh: i have YET to use it in everyday convo, but i'm working on it

How about "makes my butt itch"
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That everyone is ALWAYS right. About everything.

If I started a thread saying the sky was blue and grass is green, I'd get people telling me how wrong I was.
  • taunto
    Options

Actually, until EVERY PICTURE of someone in a bathing suit/underware is removed, I stand by what I said. Either put MY picture BACK UP - or take them all down. It CANT be okay for one person to do it, and NOT okay for someone else.

calling me a child.
  • taunto
    Options
    That everyone is ALWAYS right. About everything.

If I started a thread saying the sky was blue and grass is green, I'd get people telling me how wrong I was.

But you ARE wrong...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    That people seem to take pleasure and pride in arguing and/or upsetting others hiding behind the interwebz.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ...the "above you" threads are primarily married people who want to be told they're hot
    ...far too many people come here for permission to do things they know they have no business doing, i.e. "i can eat cookies and lose weight right"
    ...people will make a new thread before they go back one page and see that the thread has already existed

that is all today.

the "above you" threads are primarily married people who want to be told they're hot

^LOL
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    also, people get butt hurt on the internet way too easily.

I agree!!!
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    how quickly butthurt can move from one thread to the other when the original is closed down.

Lmaoooo I was like whoa this topic is apparently still alive and moving and the OP isnt even on this!!!!
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    I've learned (what I already knew) that mods can delete threads but they can't make us forget XD

oh, and that some people will argue about arguing and judge people for judging.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's apparently way to difficult to research a topic before spouting off as a self proclaimed expert is said subject
    Google is way to complicated for so me people to use
    If a friend of an uncles cousin said it's so it must be so
    If you put silly, meaningless "credentials" at the bottom of your posts you're automatically an expert on all things health related.
    People will believe anything if it's on line.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    -->> Bacon <<-- Seems to be a Hot topic.