Anyone needing to lose over 100 pounds?

Options

Replies

• beckylynn03
    beckylynn03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i started in may to try to lose 100 pounds! so far i am down 40 pounds! i have 60 to go! it seemed hard at first cause my body wasnt used to all the exercise and low calorie intake. but it got used to it. now i just tryed running for the first time in a very long time. it felt so good! i am going to start doing it regularly. to everyone who has to lose over 100 pounds U CAN DO IT!!!! just put ur mind to it! it will allpay off in the long run!!!!!!!!!
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    Unfortunately I also have 100+ pounds to lose. :frown: Sometimes I wonder how I let myself get this big.

Your profile pic is sooo fitting for your comment...Cute dog btw
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started with 133 pounds to lose now I have about 60 pounds to go. I am 51 have arthritis and have gone through menopause so it is possible. A few things I have learned on my journey is you don't have be perfect to start out just make the first step. Every day is a new chance to make new choices or change one bad habit. Don't compare yourself to others. Motivation is something you have to find deep within yourself noone but you can find that. Do something every day to keep focused on your weight loss journey including working on the emotional and mental empowering. Accoutability is a big factor to help keep you on track. Stay strong determined and focused. Feel free to add me.
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    To be at a normal weight I have to lose 106. something....however people are suprise I weight over 200 everytime I tell them, so I will play it by ear..but I would love to be your friend and encourage you if I can!!!
  • grammiejul
    grammiejul Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was 260 last August (2011). I am down to 215 or so now. I would like to be about 150, hopefully by late next spring. Please feel free to add me, would love more inter-supportiveness. Good luck and slow but steady gets it done!
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. I am 56lbs into a 115lbs weight loss. I have been at it 7 months now.
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 too! And i'm working on it!! :smile:

Anyone can add me. :happy:
  • clongob
    Options
    If you look at it as a "diet" it won't work. It MUST be a lifestyle change!
    Read Forks over KNives or watch the movie.

Add me is you like i was over 300 now down to 284 as of today. SHould be around 160, lol
    I watched Forks over knives this weekend WOW what a eye opened loved and want to follow the plan
  • jald28
    Options
    I'm with you guys! After I had my son I weighed 250+ pounds. My suggested weight is somewhere around 135... So far I'm down to 208 but it seems overwhelming when I think of how much more I have to do. I think we can all do this if we support each other
  • DanielleB1016
    Options
    I am new to the site, just joined today. :) I need to lose over 100 pounds. Based on my height, I should probably weight around 120, but currently weighing 290 (Was 315). I would be over the moon if I could get down to 185, having a support system would be amazing, as I currently do not have one. Let's all help eachother get to our goals!!! :)
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 40 and am 5' 7". My highest weight was 320 last year (currently 272). I am stay at home mom to 7yr old twins. I also have a 21yr old that still lives at home, but he insists that he no longer needs mothering! :tongue:

I finally decided in July to see a regular doctor (I have always just did the quick care thing when I got sick) and found out all the troubles my weight has caused.

My doctor would like me to be 145, but I would be over the moon happy to be at my highschool weight of 175.
  • shay0425
    Options
    I too need to lose a little over 100 lbs and just started today! You can add me also.
  • badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 110. So please add me. Lets support each other!!! Will be sending friend requests to a few people on here. Hope you wil accept.
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to connect with others too! I have recently gotten myself back on track after being off the wagon for quite some time...WAY off!!!

I'm 43 and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in February 2011 (I had been flirting with it for years). Anyway, I got on a serious exercise plan, changed my eating habits and lost an astouding 57 lbs! I was on the road and felt great!! Unfortunately, life happened and I allowed those old habits to creep back in and gained almost all of the weight back.

SO, here I am trying to lose the weight AGAIN but this time I want it to stick for good!! Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like.

Angela
  • freckledliteratii
    Options
    I just wanted to reach out and tell you all not to give up hope and to have faith. It's totally possible! I have been overweight my entire life until this last year. Make yourself a priority, take care of yourself, and just take it one little day or one little thing at a time. It's wonderful you're reaching out for support, that's made all the difference for me. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like we have ourselves a club!!! How about some rules???
    A place to encourage one another....not to use as a poor pitiful me place???
    With that in mind, how about we share our LITTLE milestones instead of worrying about the Big ones!

Today It is nearly 1pm and I have finished my first 4 glasses of water and starting on my next two. I have a healthy lunch in front of me and I feel good. I read a little (time for myself, we all deserve that) and talked on the phone to a friend (can't get much better than that). I know this journey will be hard and slow, but in the long run it will be worth it. The QUICK FIXES as just that...a fix. It goes off and comes back on. It is a Life Style, not a diet. WE deserve it!!! Smile a little, dance a little and laugh a lot today! For we are alive and We are all striving for the same thing!!! Welcome to a NEW LIFE my friends...welcome to LIFE!

Blessings,
    Crystal
  • TSmi
    TSmi Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi. You sound alot like me, without the boken bones. I would love to help you with your journey. I started my wellness journey 4 months ago and have lost over 30 pounds but have a long way to go. I can use all of the help I can get. Do you belong to a gym? If so, maybe we could be workout partners. Looking forward to hearing from you. T
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you think you are me, then I feel sorry for you hahahaha (my teens in my youth group think I am nuts)...
    yes it is a journey...one I have been on over and over...but this is the final time for me...I am done being a yoyo...

Starting this final time....I know I will celebrate each day...not worry about next week or next month...with a healthy and happy outlook I know the pounds will flow off...it is all about loving myself!

Love yourself today!!!
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am two lbs shy of needing to lose 100.. I am needing to lose 98lbs now to hit 170.. I have lost a total of 42lbs so far.. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 lbs to get near by goal weight. I am super pumped and more motivated than I have ever been. I would love to have some friends looking to encourage each other. :)