What's your Weight Loss Secret Weapon?

Options
So, I'm just scouting to see what works for other people. I know that my secret weapon is brushing my teeth. I'm a big tooth person so after I brush, I don't want to eat. That and water keep me from late night snacking! What's your secret weapon or...do you have one?

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Determination and drive.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Water. Water and more water. I have an office job where I sit at my desk all day every day. I keep a pint glass on my desk and whenever it gets close to empty I fill it up. I never let it get empty. I do this when I get home too.

Makes me feels so full, I rarely snack! Other than fruit.

If water gets boring put fruit in the glass to give it some colour/ flavour. Raspberries, lemons, limes and cucumber work a treat!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm a carbonated water and water person too. It keeps me from drinking soda.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Diet is the gun, exercise is the ammo.

HAZAA!!!
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. As long as I keep my calories above my BMR and below my TDEE there is no reason to deprive myself the things I like. If I want pizza I have a couple slices with a side salad. If I want steak I have a small steak and veggies. By not depriving myself, i can be happy with what I eat and that's powerful.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Diet is the gun, exercise is the ammo.

HAZAA!!!

• joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    competition with my workout partner, i MUST lift more than him.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eliminating corn products (like tortilla chips) (I already do gluten/dairy-free but no wt loss associated with that).

EATING MORE IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT< I guess I starved myself for years and got fat because of it.

Working out hard (pushing myself) but also lifting weights 2x a week.

BELIEVING I can, will and get through and do it no matter what health issue pops up, etc.

Getting blood sugar in control; meaning eating low carb or food combining for me (like carbs with carbs, fats/protein/veggies together).
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. As long as I keep my calories above my BMR and below my TDEE there is no reason to deprive myself the things I like. If I want pizza I have a couple slices with a side salad. If I want steak I have a small steak and veggies. By not depriving myself, i can be happy with what I eat and that's powerful.

This but mostly exercise because I eat pretty healthy in general...:)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Preparing your own meals.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Water and green tea..... I have 3 cups everyday... saves me from trying coffee even though I hate it..... it's the sugar that I need to stay away from.... and not sugar as in Diabetes... I don' t have that.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    IF and eating as clean as possible. It just made the whole notion of craving disappear.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Protein... love it. Fish, turkey burgers, etc. Keeps me full and satisfied.
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    I find that I do better when I keep my metabolism going so I eat almost every hour or so throughout the day (and night); when I feel hungry I grab for celery sticks, carrots, a few pieces of melon (which is mostly water but fills you up), bell peppers (sliced), and gum. Lots of gum.I eat very small portions so 1 serving of fat free froyo lasts at least 2 or 3 sittings, 1 whole wheat wrap (worth about 100 calories including the small knife of tzatziki, a small sprinkle of shredded chicken, green onions, basil, and spring mix lettuce) is four or five snacks, I have unsweetened flax milk twice a day (.5 cup each time) with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of total and I find that filling I drink a ton of water, too. My control is my portion size. I don't remember the last time I ate a full portion (my tummy just doesn't like a lot at once at all).
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    When I'm done with my meal I get out of the kitchen. I don't do the dishes, I don't sit and finish drinking, just get out. The longer I stay there, the more likely I am to reach for something sweet from the cupboards.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No sugar in my coffee and no extra salt in my lunch. It helped me more than i thought it would.
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ice cream and pop tarts, it keeps me sane
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    Green tea, water and gum. I enjoy a venti green tea from Starbucks (one bag and make sure to ask for a double cup or bring your own travel mug). I will add a Splenda packet to my tea if I'm craving sweets. Also, I can't live without a pack of gum nearby, especially the Trident fruit layers. Good luck!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Fat.