Be Serious Please!

Options
I love to get ideas from my MFP friends.What is the one most important piece of advise that has helped you get to where you are?

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It takes time for your body to adjust to what you are doing, don't expect a miracle loss, and don't freak out if the scale says you have gained 2 lbs in one day since its not real.

Be patient, stick with it, and sooner or later results will follow
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it was an OB Gyn who told me that no matter what I did, I would always be fat. To prove him wrong, I did what I had to do. It took a few starts and stops, but I finally figured out what works. :)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between "log absolutely everything, good and bad" and "purchase a kitchen scale as soon as you can afford it".
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't expect overnight results :heart:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it was an OB Gyn who told me that no matter what I did, I would always be fat. To prove him wrong, I did what I had to do. It took a few starts and stops, but I finally figured out what works. :)

Makes me so mad when Doctors say such ignorant things!
  • Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Log in every day (whether it's good or bad), try new foods, drink all 64 oz. water or more and get the sleep you need! Good luck! :)
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love to get ideas from my MFP friends.What is the one most important piece of advise that has helped you get to where you are?

Most important for me was to learn how to calculate MY SPECIFIC CALORIE NEEDS and then choose a caloric deficit and stick to it. Everyone on the site should be familiar with the word "macros". Know how to calculate your macros and you will hit your goal.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Fat loss leads to weight loss!
    Weight loss doesn't always lead to fat loss!

Diet smart and within your own bodies limitations!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Makes me so mad when Doctors say such ignorant things!

Yeah, me, too! Used it as fuel, though, so I should thank him for it now. :)
  • NextChapter60
    NextChapter60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started, but I heard a quote I think of often: "Your past is not your destiny." The person I was last year is NOT who I'm going to be NEXT year!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    3 things: Do lots of cardio, lift weights, eat well (reduced processed foods). If you do all those at the same time, you'll see the weight come off and you'll see your body change. It may start slow (a few weeks before you see results), but keep at it. If you stay the course, the results will be real and lasting.

Good luck!
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest trying to work on the mental as much as the physical. It shouldnt just be about weight, when it is most people look at it as a diet. When you realize this needs to be for life, i think it helps a whole lot!! You need to believe that this time will be the last time and you will succeed because you have faith in yourself and you are worth all this effort :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started, but I heard a quote I think of often: "Your past is not your destiny." The person I was last year is NOT who I'm going to be NEXT year!

I love this. Thank-you!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Nothing changes if nothing changes!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SLOW AND EASY WINS THE RACE! Realize it will take months to get and see results, realize your weight loss will be slow, eat all your calories, exercise every day, calories are not created equal, make smart choices, drink lots of water, stay moving...............RESULTS WILL FOLLOW. Above all remember there will be an occassional set back, who cares- move past it.
  • Culley34
    Options
    You didn't put the weight on overnight. So, its not coming off overnight.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums... they only serve to piss you off, misguide you or confuse the shit out of you.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to work out everyday. Just remain a calorie deficit and you will lose.

You didn't get fat overnight so don't expect to get skinny overnight. It takes time.
  • TheEmi
    TheEmi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest trying to work on the mental as much as the physical. It shouldnt just be about weight, when it is most people look at it as a diet. When you realize this needs to be for life, i think it helps a whole lot!! You need to believe that this time will be the last time and you will succeed because you have faith in yourself and you are worth all this effort :)

Yes! Yes! Yes! Absolutely work on the mental along with the physical.