Soo..How do you like YOUR tilapia

Options

Replies

• DrainB
    Options
    Tonight, I'm broiling some and adding a tbsp of basil pesto my boyfriend made for extra flavor. Pesto is apparently low cal if you make it yourself. I mean low cal compared to store bought. Only 45 cals!!
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • terisa14
    terisa14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A little olive oil, saute onions. Add tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, garlic, oregano, pepper and a small amount of salt. Simmer the tilapia in the sauce. Serve over lemon couscous. You can also wilt some fresh spinach in the sauce for added nutrients. Crumble a little bit of feta on top. So yummy!
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Spray the skillet with butter flavored oil & season the talapia with Zataran's Blackened seasonings with steamed veggies. Yummy!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Probably a little too simplistic, but i just add some spices then add sliced oranges on top. Delish.

Fish taco sounds pretty amazing though, i would really love to try that.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/blackened-tilapia-baja-tacos-50400000110429/

These fish tacos are SUPER AMAZING. Just make sure to recalculate the calories based on the brand of tortillas you buy, because it makes a big difference.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it super simple. Spray non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and "pan fry" Tilapia seasoned with Emeril's Essence seasoning. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish while cooking and add a bit more if you'd like when serving. Quick, easy, and delicious!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Lightly seasoned with lemon pepper and pan fried in about a Tbsp of EVOO. Steamed veggies, whole grain angel hair pasta, and a small garden salad on the side
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper and crushed red pepper! probably something else too but i'm not the one who cooks it so idk the rest.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, lemon, pepper wrapped in foil with my favorite veggies. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Supper yummy over a bed of brown rice, make sure to keep the juice inside the foil packet and pour it over the top makes a great sauce.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Little bit of olive oil or butter in a skillet, season the fish with sea salt, pepper and some Slap Yo Momma Cajun seasoning and grill away. then I wrap it in a soft corn totilla with some avocado, onion, cilantro and a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt. YUMMY fish tacos :D
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    foil or parchment paper packet in the oven. A little olive oil, lemon, and old bay seasoning. Can be cooked from frozen. YUM.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Dredge lightly in flour; pan sear in EVOO until browned.

Drizzle small amount of melted butter, add fresh lemon juice, and capers. Yummy!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    This is how I do it too, except I usually use another fruit instead of the avocado. Cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, peaches...they are all good. I like it extra spicy so lots of jalapeno.

I think I could eat that with a fork and nothing else...making this very very soon!
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite........or was until I read some of the other recipes.

4 pieces of Tilapia
    Season fish with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper seasonings.
    Spread 1 tablespoon low fat Olive Oil Mayo on the fish (45 calories)
    Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese over the fish (40 calories)
    Spray with butter spray until the cheese looks moist

Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Yummy!!!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've pan seared tilapia in olive oil, a 1/2 tsp of (real unsalted) butter, a sprinkle of McCormick Natures Seasoning (I use the 25% less sodium one), Trader Joes Garlic Powder (but you can use what you have), Trader Joes Lemon Pepper (in the grinder) & Mrs Dash Chili Lime seasoning.:tongue:

Also pan seared (seasoned how you like, I used a sprinkle of McCormicks Nature's Seaoning, Garlic & Onion Powder or salt & pepper) piece tilapia coated with Parmesan cheese instead of any types of breading.:tongue:

*The fish was frozen from a bag then thawed before being prepared. Haven't tried it with fresh Tilapia yet.* :embarassed:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Seafood Broccoli Alfredo. Isn't as gross as it sounds.....

I cook the tilapia up in a frying pan with a little vegetable broth (low sodium) and minced garlic. While I'm doing that, I'll boil up 2 oz. of Dreamfield's low carb pasta (has 5 digestible carbs and around 190 calories) and toss in some frozen baby broccoli florets a few minutes before the noodles are done. Once everything's done, I'll drain the pasta and mix everything together in a sauce pan with Walden Farms Alfredo sauce (0 calories. Yes, I promise). I'll season to taste with garlic powder and Italian seasoning, adding in a tablespoon of spray butter once everything's homogenized. Tastes like regular, calorie-laden Alfredo. But with about a fifth of the calories. And almost no fat (except from the tilapia, which isn't the bad fat). Sometimes I'll just make broccoli Alfredo and eat the fish on the side. Either way, if you are a creamy sauce kinda person (which I used to be!) you'll LOVE it.

I guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight....:happy:

PS- Both the Dreamfield's pasta and Walden Farms Alfredo can be found at Netrition.com. I buy TONS of my health food there.

Thanks for sharing that website!
  • 4My40th
    4My40th Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tiny bit of olive oil & a WHOLE bunch of Old Bay & Bake for 10 mins. Quick, easy & YUMMY
  • secondlane
    secondlane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    me too! and i love poaching fish. you can add so much flavour to the water which all gets infused quite nicely into the fish. i also like to poach chicken. Plus you get the lovely stock afterwards that you can use to cook rice or veg in or reduce it, add some more flavours and use it as a sauce to pour over your chicken or fish. yum!
    edit: oops! this was supposed to be in response to a reply about commiting to memory the (Chinese) method used by someone's mom :)