How did YOU sneak out?

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
To go get into shennaningans when you were a teen?

Myself, I was small. SOOOOOOOOO.....
I got in and out through the doggy door.

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Basement window when everyone was asleep. My sister would put a chair under the window so I didn't break my butt when I climbed down. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Walked out the front door... Told mom Ill be back later lol
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I placed pillows and clothes under my bedsheet to make it roughly me-shaped. Then quietly snuck out the back door. I would take one step, listen, another step, listen...just like the narrator in The Tell-Tale Heart. Minus the lantern.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Basement window when everyone was asleep. My sister would put a chair under the window so I didn't break my butt when I climbed down. :)

Exactly what I did!! I can't believe I actually fit thru it :-)
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I didn't so much sneak out, just lied about were I was. I would tell my mom I was sleeping at a friends house and just stay out all night. She never was the type to call another mother to make sure we were there. Many times a whole group of us would sleep over in the rafters of our friends garage.

Unfortunately for my kid. I am the type to call and check up on her. And I know they sell drug and alcohol tests at the drugstore and I am not afraid to use them!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My parents were divorced and we lived with my mom who worked nights. It was easy for me. Good thing I was a good girl for the most part...
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Front door... There weren't really any other secret escape routes available.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just never came home...it's much easier to just leave during regular shopping hours and come back right before the store opens again for the day.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I never snuck out...

... but I did lie about where I was, once.

Yeah I was a pretty good kid. How boring.
  • My Bedroom Window... Put Car in Neutral... Push to Road... Idle to Stop Sign... And, HAUL *kitten*!! : D
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Very boring!(me) Never did.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I didn't. I was an angel of a kid. And then somewhere along the lines of becoming an adult everything went wrong.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never had to. My parents were not exactly overly permissive, but they were pretty lenient. As long as I basically told them where I was going and who I was with and called if I was going to be late, they left me alone.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Bedroom window, onto the conservatory, onto the shed, onto a picnic bench, and then there'd be a Dani-shaped blur running out the side gate lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I never had to. My parents were not exactly overly permissive, but they were pretty lenient. As long as I basically told them where I was going and who I was with and called if I was going to be late, they left me alone.

^^this
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I snuck out more ways than you can imagine but this was ALWAYS my winner:
    - told my mom I was staying at a friends...made the courtsey call to her around 9pmat said friends house and then I rolled out.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Walked out the front door... Told mom Ill be back later lol

This ^^ There was no sneaking out in my house. I decided after my first attempt that it just wasn't worth it. My house told on me every single step to the door. The floors creaked louder than normal on the stairs...Dilinger, the doberman we used to have barked at me when he NEVER did...and when the hell were motion lights installed?! By then, my dad was wide awake and I was pretty much forced to tell him I was going out. End of story.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    My bedroom was on the second floor and I used to tie a garden hose around my bed and shimmy down the side of the house. I used the tree along with the hose beside the window to get back in.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would have to sneak out late at night in order to have fun with my friends. Parent's were too protective.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Basement door, sometimes front door if I was feeling bold. I never got caught sneaking out, but I did get caught sneaking in a few times... ;)