When Do You Log your Food

Options

Replies

• pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hi,

i log after every meal. that way i can keep track of what i have left and hold myself accountable so i don't go overboard.

i have the app on my phone so even when i'm out i do it.

paula
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Normally breakfast & lunch (during the work week) go in first thing in the morning. Dinner isn't always what I plan on it being because of my schedule, so I do it as I'm cooking or after I eat.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    As I consume it...phone apps are wonderful!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I log in advance or as I eat meals. If visiting with a friend I have to log after I know the choices I make. Point is to log everything.
  • Every morning I sit down and have a cup of coffee and log the entire day. Pre-planning keeps me on track.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If I pack my lunch for work, I will log it in the morning along with my breakfast and my dinner gets logged in the evening when I'm done for the day. On the weekends I usually log my food in the evenings (or thoughout the day if I have the time to do it)!
  • Usually when I'm eating. On days when I feel I might binge I pre-log my meals so then I know that I'll have to stick to it and I won't binge (=
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    It works for me to log it right after I eat it or during preparation. If we go out, I have a pretty good idea of where the fat calories are lurking, thanks to having IBS and being very wary of fat.
  • traceyb68
    traceyb68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    breakfast afterwards, lunch at work before I eat it, so I can plan dinner how much Ive got left - usually far more than I anticipated - if its more I play until Im happy - so either way I get a good feeling before I go home and dont have to count - time to relax and unwind.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try to log in advance , I find that it helps me stay on track and can always go back and add or delete anything :)
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. I bring my breakfast, lunch, and snacks to work with me and usually know what we're having for dinner. I like to have a plan, it helps me stay focused. I will tweak things as I go along if I skip a snack or if my husband surprises me with dinner or something.

I also log my exercise in the morning as it makes me feel like I HAVE to do it. I makes me too guilty to go in and remove it if I skip.

^^ This! I just logged all my food I brought for the day.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Generally sometime after breakfast I try to log for the entire day including snacks. It helps me plan out my exercise. I make changes if something changes. During the week I often have the same thing for lunch most days and often breakfast too, so it's just a matter of "copy yesterday"

Makes it easy
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Since I pack lunch and snacks for the day (and typically end up eating all of them...I am perpetually hungry), I tend to log everything as soon as I get into the office in the morning. It makes it easier for me to "budget" my food throughout the day and get a sense of how many calories I will have left for dinner. If you look at my diary right now, I have everything planned out except for dinner, even though it's not even 10am
  • cryztalk
    cryztalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I log mine atleast a day in advance. It helps me stay on track. In the morning I look at what i logged for the day to eat my breakfast and know what i need to pack for lunch. If I eat something I didn't log or eat less I change it immediately so i dont forget. If I just did it at the moment I think I might run out of calories by dinner or not have enough for what i want to cook
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Usually log my food as soon as I know what I'm having. I plan my lunches for the week at the weekend, that way what I need can be picked up from the supermarket. Can't really plan for dinner during the week as I live with my folks and they tend to decide what's for dinner on the day, so I add that when I know, else just put in quick add calories of 500.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's usually different every day, but I mostly do it just after I've eaten it...however, I know some people plan ahead.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I log it either right before I eat, or right after...if I don't, I always forget something!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Either right before or right after I eat.

If I can't, I send a text to myself saying exactly what I ate and then log it ASAP.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Usually just before I eat.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    i do mine as i go! i am a firm believer of bite it write it!!! thats my motto :)

This! If I waited until the end of the day I'd be over every day :laugh: