Ladies, cruelty free moisturiser?

Options
I bought a Naked bundle the other day and the moisturiser is too much for my skin. Makes my combination skin looks really oily in the bad places and oily in the normal places! It's SO thick.

So does anyone use a really good, cheapish (i'd pay up to £20) moisturiser for combination skin that isn't tested on animals?

Thank you :)

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    http://www.goodthingsbeauty.com/images/our_products/pop_up/miracle_mattifier_moisturiser.html

They sell this range in boots and sainsburys and it's brilliant on combination skin and only about £7. I definitely recommend it!
  • haylz247
    Options
    http://www.goodthingsbeauty.com/images/our_products/pop_up/miracle_mattifier_moisturiser.html

They sell this range in boots and sainsburys and it's brilliant on combination skin and only about £7. I definitely recommend it!

ooo i've used that before. i can't remember how i got on with it haha i can't see anywhere for sure that they don't test on animals though...
  • paulaviki
    Options
    I've just checked the box I bought the other day, it says no animal ingredients, vegan & vegetarian friendly but nothing about animal testing. I can only find it in this article http://www.healingbeauty.co.uk/2010/07/16/good-things-by-alice-hart-davis/.
  • haylz247
    Options
    I've just checked the box I bought the other day, it says no animal ingredients, vegan & vegetarian friendly but nothing about animal testing. I can only find it in this article http://www.healingbeauty.co.uk/2010/07/16/good-things-by-alice-hart-davis/.

It says:

"Now for the ingredients. Every Good Things product is proudly free from parabens, sodium laureth sulfate and mineral oils and they’re not tested on animals. Those are all very good things indeed"

So the end product shouldn't be tested. Thanks for the article. I'll contact them but then again, i've contacted brands that say they don't when they do!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Through a post here, I learned about something called Oil Cleansing Method. It's using olive oil mixed /w some castor oil to actually break up the oil in your skin-i noticed a difference in a couple uses and for me and don't need much for mositurizer after. Google it to learn more :)
  • paulaviki
    Options
    From my days working for a big hair care brand, the problem we always had was that we didn't test our products on animals but we couldn't guarantee that the raw materials we purchased hadn't been at some point. This is why a lot of companies can't give a definitive answer.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    coconut oil.
  • haylz247
    Options
    From my days working for a big hair care brand, the problem we always had was that we didn't test our products on animals but we couldn't guarantee that the raw materials we purchased hadn't been at some point. This is why a lot of companies can't give a definitive answer.

I think it's so bad. i hate brands like that. If a company really believes in no animal testing then they should not have their raw materials tested.

I saw a comment on a site the other day when i was researching mascara that isn't tested, and this girl said she'd rather a rat be tested on than her get red eyes! I mean, how bad is that! I could go off on one, but i really feel for the animals that get tested :(
  • haylz247
    Options
    coconut oil.

won't that make me more oily? lol
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lush :)
  • haylz247
    Options

For some reason when i select UK at the bottom it says the page can't be loaded! And the one to find UK stockists.

I guess they don't ship to the UK either. Grr
  • paulaviki
    Options

I think it's so bad. i hate brands like that. If a company really believes in no animal testing then they should not have their raw materials tested.

I saw a comment on a site the other day when i was researching mascara that isn't tested, and this girl said she'd rather a rat be tested on than her get red eyes! I mean, how bad is that! I could go off on one, but i really feel for the animals that get tested :(

Yeah it's not ideal at all, but I guess sourcing raw ingredients which haven't been animal tested is expensive and harder and the majority of people are more concerned by price and product performance.
  • haylz247
    Options
    Lush :)

Totally forgot about them! Thank you.

I'm really shocked they don't do make up as well.

I'll check them out tomorrow :)
  • haylz247
    Options
    @paulaviki, the quotes have gone all weird lol

I'm more concerned about the ickle bunny wabbits haha

i'd pay more knowing that nothing has been tested on the animals
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    coconut oil.

Surprisingly, no. Don't use a lot. Massage it in well. Putting oil on your skin topically actually "calms" your skin's oil production down; using an astringent that strips the oil from your skin makes your skin's oil glands produce more.
  • haylz247
    Options
    coconut oil.

Surprisingly, no. Don't use a lot. Massage it in well. Putting oil on your skin topically actually "calms" your skin's oil production down; using an astringent that strips the oil from your skin makes your skin's oil glands produce more.

hmm might give this a go. i'm less oily in the winter, almost dry. So roll on winter!
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I second the coconut oil. Jojoba oil or sweet almond oil also work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I haven't used any of their moisturizer, but I believe St. Ives is cruelty free.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cruetly-Free Skin Care for Women:

http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/search.aspx?Product=13.93&Range=0

On the right side, halfway down the page you can change the drop menus for diff products.
    I'm not a fan of peta but their lists are super helpful

I also agree with Jojoba oil!